PDA

View Full Version : ROOKIES MOVE INTO VETERAN ROLES

SabreEleven
07-11-2007, 11:30 AM
I guess if I have to be a leader, I'll be a leader," laughed Kaleta, who recorded 15 points (5+10) with Rochester in 58 games and two assists in seven with Buffalo. "I'm not afraid to shy away from anything."

http://sabres.nhl.com/team/app/?service=page&page=NewsPage&articleid=332495

I love that quote....

G Wolly
07-11-2007, 12:13 PM
15 points in 58 games isn't exactly leader material to me, but I personally like Kaleta and would love to see him in Buffalo full-time.

RockStar36
07-11-2007, 12:19 PM
Maybe not a leader in terms of points but leaders can do more for the team than stuff that just shows on the scoresheet.

G Wolly
07-11-2007, 12:31 PM
I understand, and like I said I'd still like to see what he could do full-time.

Meathead
07-11-2007, 12:34 PM
very true. although i dont know kaleta very well ive watched a bunch of vids and the kid really knows how to drill guys into lala land cleanly. that alone is a positive form of leadership

still unless he improves those offensive numbers i dont see him here full time. thats too one dimensional to get a regular rotation

Michael82
07-11-2007, 12:36 PM
I understand, and like I said I'd still like to see what he could do full-time.
I'm in Rochester and have watched him a lot. He's nowhere near ready for the NHL fulltime, unless he has improved a ton over the offseason.

Meathead
07-11-2007, 01:40 PM
does he cream guys regularly there?

the vids ive watched are some of the most skilled clean hits ive ever seen. elbows down, skates on the ice, totally squared up, and PLADOW a few teeth spinning around the ice

impressive

Michael82
07-11-2007, 03:15 PM
does he cream guys regularly there?

the vids ive watched are some of the most skilled clean hits ive ever seen. elbows down, skates on the ice, totally squared up, and PLADOW a few teeth spinning around the ice

impressive
yeah, he creams everyone. The other teams were always *****ing about him and saying he does dirty hits. I remember that it was a problem though. I know that his problem is that he doesn't know when to hit and when to handle the puck, or try to get the puck.

THATHURMANATOR
07-11-2007, 03:32 PM
I'm in Rochester and have watched him a lot. He's nowhere near ready for the NHL fulltime, unless he has improved a ton over the offseason.
What do you base this on? He would fill a spot on the Checking line probably playing 5 to 10 minutes a game. What about him wouldn't be ready for that? I will say in his short stint last year I had no problems with him AT ALL...

THATHURMANATOR
07-12-2007, 08:40 AM
THOUGHT SO MIKE!

Meathead
07-12-2007, 11:35 AM
I know that his problem is that he doesn't know when to hit and when to handle the puck, or try to get the puck.
ok

well thats a pretty big problem. a banger cant just forget about playing hockey

Michael82
07-12-2007, 11:50 AM
ok

well thats a pretty big problem. a banger cant just forget about playing hockey
Exactly! The fans loved the kid in Rochester, but he made a bunch of mistakes and sometimes forgot to just play hockey. He reminds me of a Chris Neil kind of guy.