Lindy hates the new Schedule! / "says that the captains "C" will have to be earned"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Jan 2004

Lindy hates the new Schedule! / "says that the captains "C" will have to be earned"

WGRZ's Scott Brown caught up with Lindy Ruff by phone and he talked about the schedule he said that "he doesn't like it, It's different said Ruff" especially the part that they travel and play @ Ottawa then come home to play the Canadiens, Ottawa, Canadiens and then they go out on the road and play @ the Canadiens "the NHL said that they did it this way because fans want to see rivalries but I think the NHL went a little overboard on the rivalry thing says Ruff." Scott Brown also asked Lindy who should get the Captains "C" now that Briere and Drury are now gone Vanek? since he signed the 7 yr. 50 Million deal? Lindy said that he doesn't care how much a player makes, it's how he plays, a captain is a leader who sticks up for the team and gets the team to rally in the locker room when they're losing! Lindy says that he's thought of a few players that could wear the "C" but he didn't say who but Lindy did say that who ever gets to wear it they will have to earn it!, we aren't going to just give it out like we did with Briere and Drury in matter of fact that's the one thing I regret about giving Briere and Drury both the "C." We will have one Captain this year and two assistant captains and we will not be rotating the "C" either We will have only one captain.
    Last edited by BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan; 07-12-2007, 12:00 AM.
  • qcsabresfan84
    • Feb 2003

Re: Lindy hates the new Schedule! / "says that the captains "C" will have to be earned"

Thank god we're actually going to have a true captain again. The whole time we had co-captains I just wanted him to pick one. Unless I'm mistaken, I don't think we've had a true captain since Stu Barnes.
    N.C. STATE WOLFPACK

Comment

• Crisis
      • Aug 2004

Re: Lindy hates the new Schedule! / "says that the captains "C" will have to be earned"

So we're going to have rotating captains and Lindy Ruff loves the schedule! Got ya!
      Originally posted by LOSman WINS
      Vanek is Austrian not European
      Originally posted by Prov401
      Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
      Originally posted by better days
      I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

The schedule is what it is, no use complaining about it. Glad to see there's only going to be one captain again.
        YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• lordofgun
          in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
          • Jul 2002

Lots of fights!

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• jamze132
            Don’t hate…
            • Jun 2003

Multiple captains is gay. And captain #2 sounds like bathroom code.

Comment

• Meathead
              Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby
              • Jul 2002

no one captain was captain 1 and the other was captain A
              One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Meathead
                Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby
                • Jul 2002

personally i think thats going to be an awesome stretch, the nottawans and the cH's

id like to see another ott at the end kinda two three game series mixed in with each other

even better had it been in march like a division decider series

potential for a big tho
                One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Night Train
                  Retired - On Several Levels
                  • Jul 2005

After the morning skate, have a Cool Hand Luke egg eating tourney.
                  Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

Working...
                  X