PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Most fans won't boo ex-Sabres

Philagape
07-12-2007, 09:54 AM
Poll on WGR's web site: Who will you boo?

Both Briere and Drury 18%
Briere 11%
Drury 7%
Neither 65%

:bf1: The classy fans win.

BlackMetalNinja
07-12-2007, 10:02 AM
I'll boo Chris Neil, he's a loser!

Ebenezer
07-12-2007, 10:12 AM
I won't boo...if I go to any games...

THATHURMANATOR
07-12-2007, 10:13 AM
Why would we boo them? There shouldn't be hard feelings.

Johnny Bugmenot
07-12-2007, 10:24 AM
I don't think very many people blame Danny and Chris for how this situation was handled. If anything, the real onus will be on Quinn.

Bill Brasky
07-12-2007, 10:46 AM
you can fault briere because he wanted to stay here.

as for drury - i won't take exception to a guy who wants to work closer to his home/family.

THATHURMANATOR
07-12-2007, 10:48 AM
I won't boo...if I go to any games...
Thats true. Most games are sell outs already!

ddaryl
07-12-2007, 11:06 AM
Reiger and Quinn is who the fans are booing.

nobody can place any of the blame on Drury or Briere given the circumstances

RockStar36
07-12-2007, 11:36 AM
I won't boo but I'm a little more bitter with Danny. He took 1.5 million more to go to the worst team. That shows me his true priorities.

Michael82
07-12-2007, 11:42 AM
I won't boo but I'm a little more bitter with Danny. He took 1.5 million more to go to the worst team. That shows me his true priorities.
What a load of ****! It shows me that Regier's true priorities were that he didn't want to sign him. :rolleyes:

TheGhostofJimKelly
07-12-2007, 12:44 PM
Why does it show class if you don't boo two players on different teams? That is ridiculous. If you want to boo them, then boo them. Drury didn't want to be here, boo him. If it takes him off his game, boo the hell out of him. I will boo both of them, not really because of what happened here, but because they are on the two teams I hate. Go Sabres. Boo Drury and Boo Briere!!!

THATHURMANATOR
07-12-2007, 12:46 PM
Agreed TGOJK **** them! I am indifferent to them. I probably won't boo but I certainly could care less if they both were injured for the year.

jamze132
07-12-2007, 02:19 PM
I have no ill will towards either player and I wish them the best, just not when they are playing the Sabres.

It is odd though that they were both pretty much treated like crap from Regier. I wonder if maybe he had inside info on Vanek's cost and he figured that he is who the Sabres should build around.

Who knows... no point on dwelling in the past. As long as Connolly is healthy, you can count him in for 80 points. That offsets the loss of Drury since Timmy is good both ways just like Chris.

Meathead
07-12-2007, 04:15 PM
im painting quinn sucks on my back with an arrow pointing to my ass

kgun12
07-12-2007, 08:26 PM
I think there are a lot of people that aren't seeing the forest through the trees here, yes the front office did a BAD job with them and there contract, but they both left, and they were both offered contracts. They were low to start, but that is what is called negociations! They didn't and left screw them. I'm booing! If they wanted to be here they still could have. This crap about there feeling being hurt blah blah! I hope Briere enjoys play for a last place team or will that be Drury and the Rangers? Either way screw both of them!!!

patmoran2006
07-13-2007, 08:08 AM
I hate it when a hometown player leaves AFTER our organization has made every effort to sign them, or they "talk" themselves out of Buffalo.

Examples. Eric Moulds, who REFUSED to work out a better deal for the Bills, or Willis McGahee who ran his mouth. Antoine Winfield is another one who just couldnt wait to get to the highest bidder. I boo them.. Guys like pat Williams,who got lowballed out of Buffalo.. I'd never boo him.

McKee, Grier, Breire, Drury.. THey're all gone because of our FO incompetency when it comes to taking care of our own. I will never boo them.

Night Train
07-14-2007, 05:41 AM
Why would anyone boo them ? They didn't do anything wrong.

Our front office blew it.

kgun12
07-14-2007, 06:59 AM

But they could have stayed.

TheGhostofJimKelly
07-14-2007, 08:34 AM

What? How about the fact that they play for two rivals now. I will boo them, just like I would boo Jagr, Gagner, or anyone else on the Flyers and the Rangers.

I think everyone is giving Chris Drury a free pass here. If you really sit down and think about the situation, it is not just the FO's fault. They had a deal with him and they felt confident that it was in place. They felt they should wait a little bit so they don't disrupt the chemistry of the team and especially Danny Briere, and Chris Drury takes offense to it? We really can't think that the Sabres brass is all to blame for this. Then the fact that the team offered the smae money and Drury chose another team, the Rangers of all teams, is wrong.

Hey, you don't have to boo or you can actually cheer. My feelings are that the one guy that this town fell in love with and would have wanted nothing more to keep him here forever, become the cornerstone of the team, and raise a banner 10 years from now. Or the thousands of people that made him 3rd in jersey sales who now have a worthless jersey in their closets. Or the fact that the team offered the same money and he CHOSE TO LEAVE to another team, the Rangers no less. You can all give Drury a free pass because it looks like the FO screwed up, but I won't and I will boo him. I will also back this FO, they seem to have made a mistake, but I am a fan of the team and I will back their decisions, regardless if I agree with them or I think certain members of the management should have been fired for what happened.