Did you know?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BlackMetalNinja
    I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
    • May 2005

Did you know?

That the oldest Buffalo Bill is Center, Jason Whittle at only 32 years old... Nobody on our roster has more than 9 years of experience right now.

Not exactly sure what this means really, but I found it interesting...
  • Pinkerton Security
    Pinkerton's son
    • Feb 2006

Re: Did you know?

Originally posted by BlackMetalNinja
    That the oldest Buffalo Bill is Center, Jason Whittle at only 32 years old... Nobody on our roster has more than 9 years of experience right now.

Not exactly sure what this means really, but I found it interesting...
    Interesting, and though some may say its stupid, I find it encouraging. The current coaches and managers know what kind of players they want, and they are getting them. Considering that the older players we had werent getting it done, you have to at least give them the credit for following their plan, even though the nancies on here will say we dont really have one.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
      Lets GO BUFFALO!!
      • Jun 2005

Whittle isnt a Center though is he?? I like the direction they are taking this team

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
        • Jul 2002

I like a young team.

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
          • May 2005

Originally posted by BillsIN05
          Whittle isnt a Center though is he?? I like the direction they are taking this team
          65Whittle, JasonC6'04''30503/7/19759Missouri State

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
            • May 2005

Originally posted by billsfanone
            I like a young team.
            I would tend to agree generally speaking... though it's always nice to have at least a little veteran leadership.

Currently, of the Bills with any name value outside of Buffalo fans, Peerless Price is the most experienced with 9 years.

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

It's good for the future- it's bad for right now. Experience is the best teacher.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Ed
                Dude
                • Sep 2002

I like having a young team too. There's nothing worse then having an aging over-paid team that still doesn't make the playoffs. Young teams are at least still fun to root for, even if they struggle at times.

It really looks like we're setting up our team to have the core of our talent all peaking at the same time giving us a nice little window of opportunity to really make a run. All we gotta do is lock up a few key players over the next couple years, sprinkle in a few key free agents and keep drafting well, and we should have an exciting team for at least a few years.

Go Bills!

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Ed
                  I like having a young team too. There's nothing worse then having an aging over-paid team that still doesn't make the playoffs. Young teams are at least still fun to root for, even if they struggle at times.

It really looks like we're setting up our team to have the core of our talent all peaking at the same time giving us a nice little window of opportunity to really make a run. All we gotta do is lock up a few key players over the next couple years, sprinkle in a few key free agents and keep drafting well, and we should have an exciting team for at least a few years.

Go Bills!
                  the key to this is "cash to cap". If it is used as a long term strategy, a lot of the big fish will get away. If it is used as a short term strategy to save the cap space for when the big guns need new contracts, then things should play out pretty much as you said.

Also, scary as this may be, this organization has a lot riding on JP Losman. If he does well, we're all set. If he does poorly, we will either have to hose the cap by shelling out for an FA QB or we'll have to groom a QB while the young guys are peaking.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Ed
                    Dude
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                    the key to this is "cash to cap". If it is used as a long term strategy, a lot of the big fish will get away. If it is used as a short term strategy to save the cap space for when the big guns need new contracts, then things should play out pretty much as you said.

Also, scary as this may be, this organization has a lot riding on JP Losman. If he does well, we're all set. If he does poorly, we will either have to hose the cap by shelling out for an FA QB or we'll have to groom a QB while the young guys are peaking.
                    Yeah, I'd agree. JP's continued improvement is the most critical component.

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                      • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Ed
                      Yeah, I'd agree. JP's continued improvement is the most critical component.
                      yup.
                      Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by BlackMetalNinja
                        65Whittle, JasonC6'04''30503/7/19759Missouri State
                        I don't care what yahoo site this came off of. He plays RG.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                          Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                          • Jun 2005

Right hes a RG

Comment

• feldspar
                            • Mar 2007

Another cool fact is that the Bills have recently been drafting players that have forgone their senior years at college. Whitner, McCargo, and Youboty would all have been drafted this year had they stayed in school...from a standpoint of age, they would all have been rookies THIS year. Ko Simpson was drafted after only his sophomore year in college; Simpson graduated from high school in 2003 for crying out loud. He would have been a senior in college in 2007, a product of the 2008 draft - this guy is going to improve a lot.

This year, both of our running backs we drafted have forgone their senior years. Lynch and Wright are going into the NFL after their junior seasons.

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
                              • May 2005

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                              I don't care what yahoo site this came off of. He plays RG.
                              Yeah.. nfl.com is pretty ******ed.

Comment

Working...
                              X