Has this crossed anyone else's mind yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mybills
    81 st zoner
    • Jul 2002

Has this crossed anyone else's mind yet?

I'm dreading all of the penalty flags we'll most likely be getting this year. This team is so young, and that always happen when you have so many young players on a team.
    I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!
  • pintonick96
    You guys are all nerds. Just give me team updates and STFU.
    • Aug 2005

Re: Has this crossed anyone else's mind yet?

It doesn't matter if your young or not, it's the same deal in college with jumping offsides. It's all about discapline, age is nothing.

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
      • May 2003

Originally posted by pintonick96
      It doesn't matter if your young or not, it's the same deal in college with jumping offsides. It's all about discapline, age is nothing.
      I respectfully disagree.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
        • Mar 2005

This team was pretty disciplined considering the youth we had last year. Dick Jauron is pretty respected as a coach around the league and this is the least of my worries.

People running the ball down our gut, at will, is something to be concerned about.

Comment

• madness
          • Apr 2003

Farthest thing from my mind. Discipline is a high priority with this coaching staff.

New Team Records
          Despite the fact that the Bills had one of the younger rosters in the league, and were instituting new offensive and defensive systems Buffalo did not commit many unforced errors. In fact Buffalo didn't draw many yellow flags at all. Over the 16 game the Bills were called for the fewest penalties in team history committing just 87 infractions. The old record was 89 set in 1995. In addition the team also set the record for fewest penalty yards with 629. That was one yard better than their previous best in a 16-game season (630 in 1993).

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
            • May 2003

Originally posted by HHURRICANE

People running the ball down our gut, at will, is something to be concerned about.

True dat.

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
              I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
              • May 2005

Yes, I'm actually not all that worried about it either. We did an incredible job last year cutting down on the useless penalties taken, hopefully the trend will continue.

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
                I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
                • Sep 2004

Originally posted by pintonick96

Ruben Brown anyone?
                The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

• Typ0
                  honey pie
                  • Jul 2002

I think having some stability in the coaching ranks will help with the penalty situations.

Comment

• TigerJ
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                    This team was pretty disciplined considering the youth we had last year. Dick Jauron is pretty respected as a coach around the league and this is the least of my worries.

I pretty much agree. The team was young last year too. Take our defense, for example. Yes, Posluszny is a rookie, but he's likely to be the the only rookie starting on the defense. Last season, Buffalo started Whitner, Simpson, and Williams virtually the whole season, and Ellison played a bunch too. Penalties were not a major problem. On offense, the only rookie probably starting this season is Lynch. Last season it was Pennington. Pennington was a seventh round draft choice while Lynch is a first round pick. Presumably, Lynch as a first rounder should be more NFL ready than Pennington, yet Pennington's problems were not connected with penalties even though he had a few early on.

Run defense is going to be a bigger issue, though I don't think it will be worse than last year.
                    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                      Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                      • Jun 2005

Not worried about it at all. This coaching staff is good for coaching discipline

Comment

• !Papacrunk!
                        • Mar 2004

I would imagine both of our o-lines may seem to acquire their fair share of flags next season. It seems to happen with units that are going through growing pains together.

Comment

• mybills
                          81 st zoner
                          • Jul 2002

It's not the biggest thing to worry about, I never said that it is.

Originally posted by !Papacrunk!
                          I would imagine both of our o-lines may seem to acquire their fair share of flags next season. It seems to happen with units that are going through growing pains together.
                          "Growing pains" is what I was thinking..with 4 key players being released/replaced, will Jauron's discipline be enough?
                          I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Night Train
                            Retired - On Several Levels
                            • Jul 2005

I'm " Dreading " having a boatload of fun at all the home games.

We'll be fine.
                            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• mybills
                              81 st zoner
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Night Train
                              I'm " Dreading " having a boatload of fun at all the home games.

We'll be fine.

Comment

Working...
                              X