PDA

View Full Version : more evidence ESPN is a joke

djjimkelly
07-14-2007, 12:20 PM
25. Buffalo Bills
The Bills are anchored by center Melvin Fowler and left tackle Jason Peters, both of whom are adequate at their positions. Right tackle Terrance Pennington started nine games in 2006, and guards Derrick Dockery (who started all 16 games in Washington last season) and Duke Preston (who started eight games for the Bills in 2006) need to get used to playing next to each other. None of Buffalo's offensive linemen would be considered elite athletes for their positions, but they all have size and bulk going for them. The Bills rushed for just 3.7 yards per carry and gave up 47 sacks. This is a relatively young unit that has a chance to grow into a decent group, but the Bills lack one premier player at his position to set the pace. With first-round draft pick Marshawn Lynch carrying the ball this year, they have a chance to improve on their ground game

ok i truly dont have an issue with bills being ranked 25th in O LINE rankings. becuz we are a potential solid o line right now and not proven

THE JOKE IS NO MENTION OF LANGSTON WALKER WHO IS OUR RIGHT TACKLE NOW I KNOW SOME ON THIS BOARD ARE DOWN ON HIM. BUT THAT WAS IN OAKLAND NOT HERE. REGARDLESS THEY COULD AT LEAST GET THE STARTING 5 RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!

HHURRICANE
07-14-2007, 12:32 PM
"None of Buffalo's offensive linemen would be considered elite athletes for their positions, but they all have size and bulk going for them."

I haven't heard one radio or TV show where Jason Peters isn't already considered to be one of the premiere players at his position. In addition he is one of the best athletes in the league so this has to be one the stupidest articles ever written!!

Philagape
07-14-2007, 12:56 PM
What has Langston Walker done to earn a mention?

Scumbag College
07-14-2007, 01:12 PM
What has Langston Walker done to earn a mention?

Get a 5 million dollar a year contract.

Philagape
07-14-2007, 01:14 PM
Get a 5 million dollar a year contract.

He showed particularly strong form when he signed his name? The biggest W in all of handwriting?

Scumbag College
07-14-2007, 01:44 PM
He showed particularly strong form when he signed his name? The biggest W in all of handwriting?

W's are hard, you have to make four different changes of directions with the pen. Plus, Langston is a long first name.

casdhf
07-14-2007, 01:59 PM
"None of Buffalo's offensive linemen would be considered elite athletes for their positions, but they all have size and bulk going for them."

That is ******ed. He may or may not be an elite OT, but he is an elite athlete at the position. He was a freaking TE.

ublinkwescore
07-14-2007, 03:34 PM

I haven't heard one radio or TV show where Jason Peters isn't already considered to be one of the premiere players at his position. In addition he is one of the best athletes in the league so this has to be one the stupidest articles ever written!!

Exactly the major point in this article that I was going to attack - thanks for saving me some time.

ublinkwescore
07-14-2007, 03:37 PM
That is ******ed. He may or may not be an elite OT, but he is an elite athlete at the position. He was a freaking TE.

Jason Peters is an elite tackle - end of subject - he'll go to the probowl next year if he stays healthy.

Best part of all, being a bills fan growing up, we may get to save some money when the time comes to resign him - even better, didn't we lock him up for like 5 more years before last season - we got him for 4 more.

TacklingDummy
07-14-2007, 03:41 PM
I have no problem with anyone ranking the Bills in the lower 20's on most anything.

Respect is earned, not given.

When the Bills start winning they will start getting respected.

There's no reason right now to respect anyone on the Bills who's not named Evans, Moorman, Peters, or returner McGee.

Carlton Bailey
07-14-2007, 08:13 PM
Um, why would Dockery and Preston have to "get used to playing next to each other"? Am I crazy, or is there a center between the guards? Dockery will have to get used to the company of Peters and Fowler, not Preston.

When ESPN can't even remember that a center lines up between the two guards, there's a problem. That company gets worse everyday.

Bill Brasky
07-14-2007, 10:21 PM

undrafted nonetheless.

B-DON
07-15-2007, 07:03 AM
I dont even blame the writers anymore, i blame the uppers that make them write these crap, bias as all hell articles. If i could do my job lazily and half assed all the time and still get away with it i wolud do the same thing

chernobylwraiths
07-15-2007, 07:14 AM
Peters is rising in the ranks of LTs in the league, but why does everyone here consider him one of the premier tackles in the game? Gifted athelete? Yes, but not one of the best at his position, yet.

ublinkwescore
07-15-2007, 10:30 AM
Peters is rising in the ranks of LTs in the league, but why does everyone here consider him one of the premier tackles in the game? Gifted athelete? Yes, but not one of the best at his position, yet.

I strongly beg to differ - he's neutralized some of the games best DEs already (of course practicing against last season's best pass rushing DE probably helped his game out tremendously - along with McNally coaching).

The guy could have gone to the probowl last season, but he only got to play on the left side for half a season. last season was really his 1/2 rookie season at LT - and the year before that, was really his rookie year at RT - LT is the harder of the two.

cocamide
07-16-2007, 06:27 AM
What other offensive lineman has blocked a punt and then ran it back for a touchdown? I hope Peters plays here for the next 10 years.

Ickybaluky
07-16-2007, 11:24 AM
Pro Football Weekly rates the Bills OL 27th in the NFL (http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/Fantasy+Football/Fantasy+Extras/2007/OLrankings.htm):

27. Buffalo — The Bills added starters ORT Langston Walker and OLG Derrick Dockery in free agency. The team believes the left side of the line with Dockery and OLT Jason Peters will pave the way in the running game. QB J.P. Losman should also be protected better, allowing TEs Robert Royal and Kevin Everett not to have to stay in and block as often.

Dr. Lecter
07-16-2007, 11:28 AM
I have no problem with anyone ranking the Bills in the lower 20's on most anything.

Respect is earned, not given.

When the Bills start winning they will start getting respected.

There's no reason right now to respect anyone on the Bills who's not named Evans, Moorman, Peters, or returner McGee.

Schobel?????? Whitner??????

justasportsfan
07-16-2007, 11:39 AM
the OL has yet to show any results on the field which is why I don't care if they are ranked even at 32. With than being said, ranking the OL is as ******ed as power rankings this time of the year.

CJW
07-16-2007, 12:59 PM
They're ****ing douchebags!

Wally The Barber
07-17-2007, 05:13 AM
When 2 million fans move into Buffalo, ESPN will spend more time reserching the Bills...

ESPN is all about Market size.

ublinkwescore
07-18-2007, 03:22 AM
Man, I love Vida Guerra's huge @$$.