Are you prepared to be shocked on the O-line?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Are you prepared to be shocked on the O-line?!

I believe that the O-line will not have either Jason Whittle or Langston Walker starting.

I'm absolutely convinced that Brad Butler will win the RG position in camp/pre-season.

The RT position is a little trickier. The Bills depth chart has Pennington as the backup to Peters now. I think Walker is going to get abused in camp and I see Pennington moving back over during the pre-season.

I think the line will be Peters-Dockery-Fowler-Butler-Pennington. I have a feeling Whittle or Preston is getting cut with Walker sitting on the bench.
  • Philagape
    WIN NOW
    • Jul 2002

Re: Are you prepared to be shocked on the O-line?!

I won't be shocked about anything that happens on the right side. The starters will be who sucks less.
    "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Goobylal
      • Jan 2004

I see Peters, Dockery, Fowler, Preston, Walker, Pennington, Butler, and Whittle making the team, with Merz being put on the PS. At RG, I could see Butler winning the job. But I don't see Walker not starting at RT. Forget what happened in Oakland. And Preston and Whittle have too much experience to cut them loose.

Comment

• Scumbag College
        • Oct 2002

My starting O-Line, from LT-RT is Peters, Dockery, Fowler, Walker, Pennington. Walker worked better at guard in Oakland, Pennington played well near the end of the year at RT and really has the physical tools you want of an RT in the NFL. Butler and Whittle make it as backups whom can play several different positions on the O-Line, and Preston and Merz fight it out for the final spot.
        Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
          I believe that the O-line will not have either Jason Whittle or Langston Walker starting.

I'm absolutely convinced that Brad Butler will win the RG position in camp/pre-season.

The RT position is a little trickier. The Bills depth chart has Pennington as the backup to Peters now. I think Walker is going to get abused in camp and I see Pennington moving back over during the pre-season.

I think the line will be Peters-Dockery-Fowler-Butler-Pennington. I have a feeling Whittle or Preston is getting cut with Walker sitting on the bench.

On one hand, I don't care as long as the best players on the field.

On the other hand, I'm gonna be pissed if we spent all that FA cash on players who can't even start.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• bigbub2352
            • Feb 2005

HH i really agree with u that Butler will be startin at RG, but i dont see us cuttin Preston or Whittle, we need depth at both G positions and C, plus u will see Corey Davis and/or Tubbs on the PS, but i think Walker really has to **** the bed not to be our starter at RT on opening day, 5 Million a season gurantees that, hopefully under the tutalige of McNally we will see brighter days, he did wonders with Pennington and Peters, so i hope so, if not we does have a promising depth prospect in Pennington whjo as a 7th rounder gives depth at both T positions he was an outstanding pick for us
            XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• Goobylal
              • Jan 2004

Let me amend what I said. I would be fine with Walker at RG, and if he's not starting at RT, that's where I'd expect him to play. I doubt they'll be fine with shelling out what they did for Walker (although I don't think he got much in terms of guaranteed money) and not have him starting somewhere on the right side. The question would then be, who plays RT? I'm not expecting much more out of Pennington than what we saw last year, and that wasn't good enough.

Comment

• YardRat
                Well, lookie here...
                • Dec 2004

Although I'd prefer to see Peters-Dockery-Fowler-Walker-Pennington, I think the starters are pretty much set in stone except for RG with Peters-Dockery-Fowler-?????-Walker.

Butler may indeed end up in the starting five, but Whittle won't get cut because he has too much versatility and experience.
                YardRat Wall of Fame
                #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                  Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                  • Jun 2005

Walker will be starting

Comment

• Mad Bomber
                    • Jul 2002

I'd like to see if Walker could move inside to RG. He's huge and is a beast as a run blocker...we were sorely needing some run blocking on the right side last year. I like Butler because he has a mean streak, and think he could at least provide some depth on the right side. The left side of our line is pretty solid, and I'm looking for some ass-kicking power on the right side.

Comment

• John Doe
                      Florida Man
                      • Jul 2002

Langston Walker will start at Right Tackle.

There should be no doubt about that in anyone's mind.

Comment

• Meathead
                        Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby
                        • Jul 2002

judge meathead concurs

so it shall be
                        One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Michael82
                          • Jul 2002

I see the line starting out with this....

Peters-Dockery-Fowler-Butler-Walker, but I also see a midseason shakeup when Walker will move to a better position and solidify the RG spot, while Pennington comes to RT. That will be the best line for the team and will be pretty damn good.

Comment

• ddaryl
                            Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                            • Jan 2005

I think Walker is pretty much written in stone. Just read this quote from McNally printed today.

"We've got to make that decision soon," McNally told BuffaloBills.com. "The faster we get a guy there working with (tackle) Langston Walker and entrenched at that position, the better. I don't think we'll take very long. It might go a week into training camp and then it's 'Here are our five and let's go.' "

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by ddaryl
                              I think Walker is pretty much written in stone. Just read this quote from McNally printed today.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/teams/report/BUF/10256588
                              Wow, good find.

If Preston is starting at RG than why did we bother to bring Whittle in? Am I the only one that things Preston sucks. How many games do I need to watch him get man-handled in?

Plan on seeing plenty of tinkering with the right side all year if Preston and Walker are starting. I hope the pre-season is long enough to make changes. I can't see Preston starting. No way.

Comment

Working...
                              X