PDA

View Full Version : Jay McKee on trading block. Would the Sabres bring him back?

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
07-15-2007, 11:23 AM
McKee deal reconsidered

Recent speculation around the league had the Blues trying to unload former Sabres defenseman Jay McKee, whose first year in St. Louis was an injury-riddled disaster that prompted second-guessing all the way back to Buffalo.

McKee played only 23 games for the Blues after suffering a sprained knee, a broken finger and a nagging pelvic injury after signing a four-year deal worth $16 million. It provided evidence for Sabres fans and front-office types to scoff at the contract.

Yes, the Blues overpaid for McKee. You know that, the Sabres know that and presumably McKee knows that. Again, he was looking for a four-year deal worth $9.5 million from the Sabres, which would have been fair for both sides.

McKee is considering junking his No. 74 sweater for something that brings him more luck, such as No. 77. Note to McKee: Don’t change a thing.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/sabresnhl/story/119696.html

chernobylwraiths
07-15-2007, 11:30 AM
where does it say in there he's coming back to Buffalo?

clumping platelets
07-15-2007, 11:30 AM
:bighug:

Philagape
07-15-2007, 11:32 AM
Somebody please change the title of this thread. I should have known it was BS considering who started it

Dozerdog
07-15-2007, 11:32 AM
where does it say in there he's coming back to Buffalo?Right next to where it says he's being packaged with Sidney Crosby in a 3 team deal :coocoo:

chernobylwraiths
07-15-2007, 11:36 AM
Right next to where it says he's being packaged with Sidney Crosby in a 3 team deal :coocoo:

Sweet! Are we getting Drury back too?

BlackMetalNinja
07-15-2007, 01:00 PM
what a bunch of crap... I don't even want him back at that price anyways.

THATHURMANATOR
07-15-2007, 01:44 PM
I would LOVE to have him back but his contract is crazy. He would instantly be our captain.

Earthquake Enyart
07-15-2007, 01:46 PM
I would LOVE to have him back but his contract is crazy. He would instantly be our captain.
No. He does not skate well enough to be effective on our team. Pass.

chernobylwraiths
07-15-2007, 03:08 PM
what a bunch of crap... I don't even want him back at that price anyways.

I would take him back in a second.

If the Blues paid half of his contract.

SabreEleven
07-15-2007, 04:11 PM
Screw, St. Louis. They made their bed let them sleep in it....I hope Philly has the same problems this year. I woudn't be surprised if Danny's groin acts up again.

BlackMetalNinja
07-15-2007, 04:39 PM
I would take him back in a second.

If the Blues paid half of his contract.

Yeah, that's about the only way I'd be interested. He was a fantastic shot blocker and an otherwise mediocre defenseman with about 0 offensive ability. Kalinin is the only guy I could possibly see him replacing, and even then, I'd rather have Paetsch I think.

TheGhostofJimKelly
07-15-2007, 07:11 PM
That is what you are going to find these teams that throw money at players they think are awesome. They are going to find themselves stuck with guys like McKee. He has been hurt a lot over the past couple seasons.