X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

I have some news about Edwards/JP.

Let me preface this by saying I am a huge JP fan and I hope that the Bills current view is not correct.

However, I was told by someone in the know that there are still concerns with JP, not on his physical ability, but his ability to lead this team.

No elaboration was made so the rest of my post is pure speculation but I will be diappointed, but not surprised, if Edwards does not only end up at #2 but gets close to starting if JP struggles in the least. I hate this because I think JP has real talent but if he cannot get players to rally behind him, and the organization is truly concerned about it, than I really see an accelerated program for Edwards.

If the Bills have a QB controversy this year not only will I be pissed but I really think we would end up with crap for a season.

By the way I sat on this for a little bit and asked some people that have played and the consesus is that on the offense the QB is the leader. I asked if anyone could step up and everyone said "no".

Any thoughts?
  • Earthquake Enyart
    Legendary Zoner
    • Jul 2002

Re: I have some news about Edwards/JP.

I need to hear what Pat Moran's dumpster source says about this first.

Comment

• Carlton Bailey

It's a win-win situation, in my opinion, because I have the utmost faith in both Losman and Edwards. If JP struggles, I think Edwards could be really, really good.

Comment

• mikemac2001
        is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
        • Mar 2003

NO! jp is the man GO BILLS!

MUCK
        FIAMI

Comment

• ibatiger
          Geaux Bills!
          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
          Let me preface this by saying I am a huge JP fan and I hope that the Bills current view is not correct.

However, I was told by someone in the know that there are still concerns with JP, not on his physical ability, but his ability to lead this team.

No elaboration was made so the rest of my post is pure speculation but I will be diappointed, but not surprised, if Edwards does not only end up at #2 but gets close to starting if JP struggles in the least. I hate this because I think JP has real talent but if he cannot get players to rally behind him, and the organization is truly concerned about it, than I really see an accelerated program for Edwards.

If the Bills have a QB controversy this year not only will I be pissed but I really think we would end up with crap for a season.

By the way I sat on this for a little bit and asked some people that have played and the consesus is that on the offense the QB is the leader. I asked if anyone could step up and everyone said "no".

Any thoughts?
          Only this. Your concerns are legitimate. Early on in OTA Losman was struggling with the no huddle. As you recall each time that Jauron talked about Losman he mentioned that he was rusty, even the final interview. Now, this may all work out and I am sure that everybody plans on things working out, but the idea that there are some concerns is probably true. As for the other part of your post, I can assure you (and this is from good sources as well) that Edwards is not in the picture in the event that Losman has problems. In fact, Edwards has been told that he is totally on his own as Losman and Nall are going to receive the full attention of the coaches in camp. There is no doubt on who Jauron will turn to right now if there are problems with Losman. And it's not Edwards.

Unless there is more going on than what I know of, the handling of Edwards (as in you're on your own because we don't have time to fool with you right now) does back up your first assertion, and suggest some urgency, but the method of addressing that concern does not have Edwards in the picture. It backs up what Jauron has already told us about Nall, and that is that he has had a good offseason/OTA/minicamp and he needs to be as prepared as possible to step in if needed.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
            Legendary Zoner
            • Jul 2002

NALL BALL BABY!!!

Comment

• Romes
              • Jul 2002

Losman plays the whole year barring injury.

After this year, if Losman shows he incapable of leading the team then it will be time to start thinking about putting trent in there.
              Originally posted by paladin warrior
              RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• Michael82
                • Jul 2002

Oh God. Not this **** again. If they pull a Mularkey, I'm going to go psycho on Jauron's ass!

Comment

• Michael82
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Romes

After this year, if Losman shows he incapable of leading the team then it will be time to start thinking about putting trent in there.
                  EXACTLY!

Comment

• YardRat
                    Well, lookie here...
                    • Dec 2004

No more excuses. JP either puts up or shuts up, as of right now.
                    YardRat Wall of Fame
                    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• YardRat
                      Well, lookie here...
                      • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Romes

Bull****.

He got the whole year last year, and all the whiners from '05 got their chance along with him. If this team starts out 1-7, 2-6, etc, and JP is struggling the experiment is over.

That being said, I don't think there's any reason for concern. Losman showed enough improvement over the course of the year last year that with a second year in the same system, a theoretically better offensive line and rushing game, opening up the playbook a little more, etc, there's no reason to not expect him to continue to improve and his job shouldn't be in jeopardy.
                      YardRat Wall of Fame
                      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by ibatiger
                        Only this. Your concerns are legitimate. Early on in OTA Losman was struggling with the no huddle. As you recall each time that Jauron talked about Losman he mentioned that he was rusty, even the final interview. Now, this may all work out and I am sure that everybody plans on things working out, but the idea that there are some concerns is probably true. As for the other part of your post, I can assure you (and this is from good sources as well) that Edwards is not in the picture in the event that Losman has problems. In fact, Edwards has been told that he is totally on his own as Losman and Nall are going to receive the full attention of the coaches in camp. There is no doubt on who Jauron will turn to right now if there are problems with Losman. And it's not Edwards.

Unless there is more going on than what I know of, the handling of Edwards (as in you're on your own because we don't have time to fool with you right now) does back up your first assertion, and suggest some urgency, but the method of addressing that concern does not have Edwards in the picture. It backs up what Jauron has already told us about Nall, and that is that he has had a good offseason/OTA/minicamp and he needs to be as prepared as possible to step in if needed.

Everything I read was that JP did very well in OTAs? Where was it written that Edwards was on his own.

I heard an interview on Sirrius and there was talke that he was going to serioulsly challenge Nall for the #2 spot.

Comment

• bills_7
                          TIM COUCH IS MY HERO!
                          • Mar 2004

JP is the man and he will continue to improve this year.. Edwards will push losman to be btr and compitition is always good

Jp starts all yr unless he gets injured in which case nall would step in

Edwards would have to impress these coaches like crazy and i mean crazy to get the #2 spot this year

either way JP will be a top ten QB this yr andd for the future

Comment

• bills_7
                            TIM COUCH IS MY HERO!
                            • Mar 2004

only thing that concerns me is that TD drafted him? so hopefully levy doesnt care that its not his guy.. but i dont see levy to be someone like that.. Go JP

Comment

• mikemac2001
                              is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
                              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by bills_7
                              only thing that concerns me is that TD drafted him? so hopefully levy doesnt care that its not his guy.. but i dont see levy to be someone like that.. Go JP

ya i doubt thats even a worry....he would hate evans to wouldnt he?

MUCK
                              FIAMI

Comment

Working...
                              X