PDA

View Full Version : NFL STOLE THE HALL OF FAME GAME

SyraBillsLican
07-15-2007, 09:35 PM
How can the NFL Network do this to me? This burns me up. totally unacceptable. HOW CAN YOU DEPRIVE SO MANY PEOPLE OF THE FIRST FOOTBALL GAME OF THE YEAR.

i haaaaaate this.

Carlton Bailey
07-15-2007, 10:02 PM
It really sucks. The HOF Game is one of the events I look forward to every year, and now I can't see it. Why wouldn't they just put it on NBC? Awful.

Goobylal
07-15-2007, 10:11 PM
Well I used to get NFL network, but Comcast moved it to their Sports Entertainment Package, meaning I'll have to pay more to get it. Bastids!

Michael82
07-16-2007, 12:45 AM
**** YOU, NFL! You greedy mother ****ing pieces of ****. :mad:

Bill Brasky
07-16-2007, 01:23 AM
**** YOU, NFL! You greedy mother ****ing pieces of ****. :mad:

easy rugged, it's a meaningless game.

gr8slayer
07-16-2007, 01:54 AM
Ah the beauty of DirecTV

gr8slayer
07-16-2007, 01:57 AM
I've got a Sling Box if anyone wants to watch the game on their computer :D

hammerbillsfan
07-16-2007, 03:13 AM
sling me a beer while you are at it :D

LtFinFan66
07-16-2007, 04:13 AM
How can the NFL Network do this to me? This burns me up. totally unacceptable. HOW CAN YOU DEPRIVE SO MANY PEOPLE OF THE FIRST FOOTBALL GAME OF THE YEAR.

i haaaaaate this.Sorry, but I can't feel your pain since I have the NFLN. Sorry to those who don't though

SquishDaFish
07-16-2007, 05:05 AM
Gotta Love my Direct TV. NflNewtwork and NFL Package watch every game I want. New sat just went up so Direct Tv will be the leader in HD also. Gotta love Direct TV

LtFinFan66
07-16-2007, 05:12 AM
Damn straight!! :up:

Night Train
07-16-2007, 05:25 AM
I have Dish Network and the NFL Network comes with the cheapest package.

Yasgur's Farm
07-16-2007, 05:58 AM
Ah the beauty of DirecTVWhat about Sabres games? I wanna dump Time Warner but I'd lose Sabres.

BlackMetalNinja
07-16-2007, 06:58 AM
What about Sabres games? I wanna dump Time Warner but I'd lose Sabres.

Don't mention hockey to him unless you want to listen to him bash a game he admittedly knows nothing about.

My only answer to your question though is it depends on where you live. My dad is still in WNY and gets all the Sabres games on Direct. You could also get NHL Center Ice like I do.

Direct TV would be nice, but as mentioned a million times around here, not all of us have that option.

!Papacrunk!
07-16-2007, 07:05 AM
Gotta Love my Direct TV. NflNewtwork and NFL Package watch every game I want. New sat just went up so Direct Tv will be the leader in HD also. Gotta love Direct TV

do you know when all of those new HD channels will be available? Hopefully the HD quality will improve from the current DirecTV Lite HD

BleedinGreenNC
07-16-2007, 08:06 AM
Ah the beauty of DirecTV

Yes sir!!!

gr8slayer
07-16-2007, 08:23 AM
I have Dish Network and the NFL Network comes with the cheapest package.
Comes with the cheapest package on DirecTV too and we can watch every single NFL game every week!

gr8slayer
07-16-2007, 08:24 AM
NHL Center Ice, but why waste your time on the Sabres :D

OpIv37
07-16-2007, 08:27 AM

DirecTV includes the local sports network for most markets in the base package. Since most of the Sabres games are on MSG you should still be able to get them, but I'd check with someone who lives in the Buffalo market to be sure.

OpIv37
07-16-2007, 08:28 AM
People need to stop complaining about the NFL and start complaining about their crappy cable providers.

How did the NFL "steal" a game by putting an NFL game on the NFL network?

gr8slayer
07-16-2007, 08:33 AM
People need to stop complaining about the NFL and start complaining about their crappy cable providers.

How did the NFL "steal" a game by putting an NFL game on the NFL network?
Some people would just rather be cheap asses I guess.

OpIv37
07-16-2007, 08:36 AM
Some people would just rather be cheap asses I guess.

the ironic part is that DirecTV is cheaper than cable and I would imagine Dish Network must be cheaper to be competitive as well.

gr8slayer
07-16-2007, 08:39 AM
the ironic part is that DirecTV is cheaper than cable and I would imagine Dish Network must be cheaper to be competitive as well.
Yup but now DirecTV is proving yet again why it's the better of the options by offering upwards of 150 HD channels, no one else even comes close, and I like the interface better.

OpIv37
07-16-2007, 08:40 AM
Yup but now DirecTV is proving yet again why it's the better of the options by offering upwards of 150 HD channels, no one else even comes close, and I like the interface better.

I'd like to know when that's supposed to start though. They keep saying that but I still only have like 15 HD channels.

BlackMetalNinja
07-16-2007, 08:40 AM
DirecTV includes the local sports network for most markets in the base package. Since most of the Sabres games are on MSG you should still be able to get them, but I'd check with someone who lives in the Buffalo market to be sure.

Like I said, my dad is still in that market and gets MSG and all the games on DirectTV. So if you're in that market, you should have no issue. If you're out, you'd have to get Center Ice, just like you would have had to with Time Warner anyways.

Looks like no reason not to switch if you're able.

gr8slayer
07-16-2007, 08:42 AM
I'd like to know when that's supposed to start though. They keep saying that but I still only have like 15 HD channels.
The lady I spoke with said that by the end of the Summer (I'm assuming later in August) they are supposed to have added 20 and by the end of the year 50ish and by February the rest. I know for sure that by the end of this month we will have the History Channel in HD :drool:

gr8slayer
07-16-2007, 08:44 AM
Best of all we're getting NFLN in HD too.

CJW
07-16-2007, 10:39 AM
How will we live? Get the **** over it!

superbills
07-16-2007, 11:05 AM
do you know when all of those new HD channels will be available? Hopefully the HD quality will improve from the current DirecTV Lite HD

September 15th is the date the DirecTV 10 satellite is scheduled to go live. And the HD quality of most of those newer HD stations will be in MPEG 4, so yes the quality will be better. The rest of the current HD channels (i.e. ESPN HD, TNT HD, etc.) will be moved over to MPEG 4 at a later time, due to the extensive use of the MPEG-2-only receivers and dishes still out there. Can't wait for some NFL Network in HD! :up:

gr8slayer
07-16-2007, 11:08 AM
September 15th is the date the DirecTV 10 satellite is scheduled to go live. And the HD quality of most of those newer HD stations will be in MPEG 4, so yes the quality will be better. The rest of the current HD channels (i.e. ESPN HD, TNT HD, etc.) will be moved over to MPEG 4 at a later time, due to the extensive use of the MPEG-2-only receivers and dishes still out there. Can't wait for some NFL Network in HD! :up:
It will be great to watch NFL Replay in HD next off-season. Make it go by quicker.

BAM
07-16-2007, 11:31 AM
That's what I've been wondering. I've heard rumors of this mysterious new satellite for quite some time now. I'm actually hoping they do put it up. I'd jump for the supposed 150+ HD channels in a second, depending on the price of the package.

lordofgun
07-16-2007, 12:29 PM
I get NFLN HD on cable, and my work pays for my cable! :bf1:

superbills
07-16-2007, 01:49 PM
That's what I've been wondering. I've heard rumors of this mysterious new satellite for quite some time now. I'm actually hoping they do put it up. I'd jump for the supposed 150+ HD channels in a second, depending on the price of the package.

The satellite IS up. It launched into orbit on July 7th and DirecTV will be testing the onboard systems and will move it into its final orbit slot just before September 15th.

DirecTV will next be launching DirecTV 11 sometime early next year (as of now the launch date is sometime in February). The addition of this satellite will give DirecTV the capacity to offer the 150 HD channels that are promised. The current upgrade slated for September will add around 75HD channels, however that does include regional sports networks and premium channels such as HBO and Showtime, so not everyone will get all 75.

superbills
07-16-2007, 01:49 PM
I get NFLN HD on cable, and my work pays for my cable! :bf1:

Gotta love it when you can take advantage of a deal like that :up:

SquishDaFish
07-16-2007, 01:55 PM

New Sat is up they said they will roll most out in Middle of sep and the rest in 1st Q of next year. And the quality is going to improve because the new HD is going to be MPEG 4 and not MPEG 2. Then they will roll the old HD into MPEG 4 in the future.

Dont drink the water
07-16-2007, 11:54 PM
People complain about preseason games but here they complain about pre-preseason games,. No big deal to me.