PDA

View Full Version : Chambers Passed the Breathalyzer

!Papacrunk!
07-16-2007, 07:13 AM
PASSES TEST (http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-716chambers,0,63668.story?track=rss)

Dolphins receiver Chris Chambers passed a breathalyzer test at the police station after his Saturday morning arrest for driving while impaired, reckless driving and speeding, according to sources.

Saturday, Mecklenburg Capt. Lisa Goelz said there are no police reports for traffic violations, and Dolphins spokesman Harvey Greene said the franchise was "in the process of gathering more information."
You got to love the interweb and its contribution to knee jerk reactions. This post may be one of those, but I guess message boards don't wait until more details come out. Internet in general.

Static
07-16-2007, 08:26 AM
Cops were just jealous of the black.

OpIv37
07-16-2007, 08:39 AM
If he was DWI he deserves to get suspended under the NFL's new policy- certainly not to the degree that Pac Man or Tank got, but 2-3 games maybe.

However, it's good to see that the team and presumably the NFL are awaiting the facts before handing out punishments.

Mitchy moo
07-16-2007, 08:42 AM
I think they need to fry his fishy *** either way. :air:

Mr. Miyagi
07-16-2007, 11:03 AM
Chambers is one of my least hated Dolphin. He's a good receiver and an ex-Badger. :up:

don137
07-16-2007, 11:55 AM
I am sure not all the details are in...Just because he passed a breathalizer does not mean he was intoxicated. Let's wait until the blood tests come back. Who's to say he was not on some drug (he is Ricky Williams teammate so he's got a source)? After all the tests are in we can cast final judgement if an apology is in order or is he a dirtball?

Bling
07-16-2007, 12:01 PM
4 hours ago this was posted, and 5 replies? 1 of which was a Dolphin fan?

:rofl: and look at donny boy.

First he posts:

Mecklenburg County North Carolina is here in Charlotte...Glad to see I am driving on the same road with my kids as a drunk dolfelon... I have no sympathy for people that drive drunk...You put many others at risk because of their stupidity...
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=130280

Then some truth comes out, and he posts:

I am sure not all the details are in...Just because he passed a breathalizer does not mean he was intoxicated. Let's wait until the blood tests come back. Who's to say he was not on some drug (he is Ricky Williams teammate so he's got a source)? After all the tests are in we can cast final judgement if an apology is in order or is he a dirtball?

:rofl: @ the hypocrite

Bill Brasky
07-16-2007, 12:01 PM
this post is just ridiculous.

if he passed a breathalized, he was under the legal limit with regards to alcohol, which means he could still be charged with a lesser DWAI... regardless, he was "under the legal limit" which should merit little to no punishment. since when should a guy get punished for not breaking the law?

secondly, he is either owed an appology or is a dirtball? i guess every person who's had a few drinks and gotten in a car is the scum of society? there's a fine line between being completely bombed and trying to drive, as opossed to having one or two and driving home.

third, it's even more ludacris you think ricky williams is now on par with pablo escobar and pushing "drugs" to his teammates so they can go joyriding.

the media is getting out of hand with these reports. they're so quick to jump the gun and prove these guys guilty before even half the facts come out... but as long as they get the first scoop i guess it's all good :rolleyes:

Bling
07-16-2007, 12:03 PM

if he passed a breathalized, he was under the legal limit with regards to alcohol, which means he could still be charged with a lesser DWAI... regardless, he was "under the legal limit" which should merit little to no punishment. since when does a guy get punished for not breaking the law?

secondly, he is either owed an appology or is a dirtball? i guess every person who's had a few drinks and gotten in a car is the scum of society? there's a fine line between being completely bombed and trying to drive, as opossed to having one or two and driving home.

the media is getting out of hand with these reports. they're so quick to jump the gun and prove these guys guilty before even half the facts come out... but as long as they get the first scoop i guess it's all good :rolleyes:

Great post. A guy that has never gotten in trouble since entrance into the league isn't given any benefit of the doubt? Puhlease. Wait for the facts.

CJW
07-16-2007, 12:51 PM
Must be nice to pay your way out of trouble, pacman should do the same but he's to busy making it rain at clubs!

!Papacrunk!
07-16-2007, 04:55 PM

if he passed a breathalized, he was under the legal limit with regards to alcohol, which means he could still be charged with a lesser DWAI... regardless, he was "under the legal limit" which should merit little to no punishment. since when should a guy get punished for not breaking the law?

third, it's even more ludacris you think ricky williams is now on par with pablo escobar and pushing "drugs" to his teammates so they can go joyriding.

I really like this type of posting.

Believe me, I'm not considering a post good soley if they automatically say something good about my team/player of that team, or a rival team for that matter. Just be reasonable. At least I try to do that in my posts, it's a constant pursuit, and I'm far from perfect in that pursuit, but I try use reason in my post. I know on a rival board one can't expect that all of the time, but I really respect it when I see it.

As far as Chambers, if he's guilty then he was a dumb ass for putting himself in that position, especially when others could've been in danger. I really hope it's a minor incident because Chambers has caused no problems since he's been on the team and (from what I've read) a real positive person in the locker room. On the other side if these charges are being blown out of proportion, then the media really needs to take another look at how they report things.

blotsfan
07-16-2007, 06:25 PM
Im glad this happened. I like chambers even though hes a Fish.

TigerJ
07-16-2007, 10:38 PM
Oh well, better luck next time. Just kidding.

Stewie
07-16-2007, 11:48 PM
was he arrested? what was he charged with?

why does the report say he was arrested?

!Papacrunk!
07-17-2007, 06:36 AM
here are more details (http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphins/content/sports/epaper/2007/07/17/a2c_dolphins_0717.html). It's odd, it seems like Chambers had all of the elements of intoxication, failing various sobriety tests, but his breathalizer was below the legal limit:

Dolphins wide receiver Chris Chambers was clocked driving 74 mph in a 45-mph zone and failed to adequately perform a series of field-sobriety tests after police pulled him over early Saturday in North Carolina, according to a police report.
Chambers, the team's No. 1 receiver, was arrested at 2:31 a.m. Saturday. He was charged by Charlotte-Mecklenburg police with driving while impaired, reckless driving and speeding....

...Chambers was unable to stand on one leg for more than a few seconds, twice could not recite the alphabet from J to W without missing letters and did not follow instructions when asked to count backward from a given number.

ummmm, maybe he was just nervous, yeah that's it. With more details it seems like he was intoxicated, but still below the legal limit???? On the other side the article does mention that a person's level will reduce over time so that would make sense to some extent in this situation. On the other side, maybe he's a lightweight when it comes to his alcohol??

Gunzlingr
07-17-2007, 10:05 AM
He was probably snorting coke off of Zach Thomas's nut sack.

don137
07-17-2007, 10:46 AM

Before you pass judgment you should truly know that breathalizers are not 100% reliable. Just because you pass a breathalizer test does not mean you are not drunk. Blood tests are far more accurate and I am sure they are waiting for those results. Plus he could be on an illegal drug that breathalizers won't pick up.

Thanks for pointing out the obvious of their is a difference being behind the wheel after a few drinks and being bombed. That is why I said we should wait until all the tests are in to see what are the official results. If he was hammered and driving that way then he is a dirtball. If he was sober and had two drinks and just driving like an ass then he is owed an apology, from myself and the other people who thought the worst when it was first reported. I don't have much sympathy for people that get behind the wheel after drinking too many. They put themselves and more importantly others at risk. Yes, if you are behind the wheel and drank too much you are scum.

The Ricky Williams thing was just a little joke. Lighten up Francis.

don137
07-17-2007, 10:51 AM
4 hours ago this was posted, and 5 replies? 1 of which was a Dolphin fan?

:rofl: and look at donny boy.

First he posts:

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=130280

Then some truth comes out, and he posts:

:rofl: @ the hypocrite

That is why I said he is owed an apology if he was not drunk, myself included. I admit I thought the worst when it was first reported. The fact that a breathalizer says he was not drunk does not mean he was sober and not impaired either with alcohol or an illegal drug. He could of had 2 drinks or 10 drinks. 2 drinks is OK. 10 drinks is not. More details are needed.

CJW
07-17-2007, 10:56 AM
So the fact that he wasn't drunk makes it ok? Since he want's to drive like a ****ing idot and gets pulled over there should still be a fine.

LtFinFan66
07-17-2007, 11:16 AM

the media is getting out of hand with these reports. they're so quick to jump the gun and prove these guys guilty before even half the facts come out... but as long as they get the first scoop i guess it's all good :rolleyes::goodpost:

don137
07-17-2007, 05:25 PM
Must be nice to pay your way out of trouble, pacman should do the same but he's to busy making it rain at clubs!

Very good point...I said, I and others owe him an apology if he was not drunk once the details come in about it and not rushing to a conclusion but if it was determined he was drunk he is a dirtbag. However, he was arrested for driving 30MPH over the speed limit and reckless driving while ability impaired...I didn't know having a few drinks and driving like an a$$hole while impaired is ok because he wasn't bombed like it was stated by another poster...