PDA

View Full Version : Everybody loves Drew!

Kevikid
03-18-2003, 05:01 PM
Here's a nice Mortensen article on this year's quarterback class. We prob won't be in the market for any, but a lot of the personnel guys keep making references to Bledsoe:

" 'He's the best no-risk guy among the quarterbacks,' said one scout of Palmer. 'He might not be instant potatoes, but give him a couple of years and you have a guy. You might even get Drew Bledsoe.' "

" 'Forget Palmer, Leftwich is Drew Bledsoe,' said one top-10 guy. 'He's real big (6-5½, 245 pounds) like Bledsoe. He'll stand real tall in the pocket and make all the throws.' "

http://espn.go.com/chrismortensen/s/2003/0318/1525546.html

Just shows how lucky we are to have made it out with Bledsoe for the 14th pick. I think Drew did a lot last year, at least during the first half, to bring back demand for a true pocket passer.

venis2k1
03-18-2003, 05:08 PM
Leftwich can move though....Reminds me more of Dante Culpepper than Drew.

Ingtar33
03-18-2003, 05:17 PM
you know... its funny... its almost as if the one quote is something I said... hmmm (the Leftwich quote) but I'm positive I wasn't blabbing to Mort.

I agree with that guy though... Leftwich is just like Drew, he's about the same size... got about the same arm... he likes to run a bit too much for his speed.

The Spaz
03-18-2003, 08:00 PM
Leftwich isn't fast at all! In fact if you check the scouting combine results Carson Palmer palmer was faster. Leftwich is a bull though. Go Bills!

Stewie
03-18-2003, 09:56 PM
Bledsoe is the man, Leftwich is a> injured b> gonna be a has been/never really was