The Bills "K-Gun" Offense Reborn in 2007?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blackonyx89
    HI I AM A FREAKING LIONS FAN
    • Mar 2005

The Bills "K-Gun" Offense Reborn in 2007?

If this is true,I pray our defense can hold up. Let it rip!!! Look down the screen to find the Bills article and post your thoughts.

Let's Go Bills, make it happen!!!
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: The Bills "K-Gun" Offense Reborn in 2007?

I was thinking about this when I watched the video on BB.com featuring Wright this AM. They seem to be very high on him as well. We have rb's that can catch. We have speedy wr's and most importantly a qb with an arm and very mobile. If and IF the OL lives up to potential the sky is the limit with this O.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• CJW
      • Jul 2007

We've only been talking about that the last 4 ****ing months!!!!!!!

Comment

• njsue
        Jersey Girl!!!!!!
        • Sep 2003

Can't wait to see this Offense light it up 30 + points!

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by CJW
          We've only been talking about that the last 4 ****ing months!!!!!!!
          How's that?it's showing you joined Jul 07.
          sacrifice1

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

The K in the K Gun was Keith McKellar, and later the role was played by Pete Metzelaars. Unfortunately, we don't have any TE's anywhere close to their level. So we're still missing a key ingredient of the K Gun.

Also, the K Gun was not particularly adept at ball control- they usually scored very quickly. With our lack of talent on D, the idea needs to be keeping the D off the field as much as possible. I'd rather see a run oriented attack and I definitely don't want to see a no-huddle as part of the base offense.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mudflap1
              Next Question!
              • Nov 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37
              The K in the K Gun was Keith McKellar, and later the role was played by Pete Metzelaars. Unfortunately, we don't have any TE's anywhere close to their level. So we're still missing a key ingredient of the K Gun.

Also, the K Gun was not particularly adept at ball control- they usually scored very quickly. With our lack of talent on D, the idea needs to be keeping the D off the field as much as possible. I'd rather see a run oriented attack and I definitely don't want to see a no-huddle as part of the base offense.
              Are you sure the K wasn't Kelly? Keith McKellar sucked by the way, I wouldn't say he's leaps and bounds better than Royal, if at all.

Metzelaars was alright, he could make good possession catches.

Jon

Comment

• blackonyx89
                HI I AM A FREAKING LIONS FAN
                • Mar 2005

So next year we should get decent tight end,WR and tighten up the D-Line even more. We don't need a lot. But first things first. Let's see what this season holds!!!
                Last edited by blackonyx89; 07-16-2007, 01:06 PM.
                Let's Go Bills, make it happen!!!

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

that's your opinion. I can see Royals with the same stats given the same supporting cast both Keith and Pete had. Don't forget that in the K-Gun, both of them didn't have to block as much because Kelly had one hell of an OL.
                  sacrifice1

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                    that's your opinion. I can see Royals with the same stats given the same supporting cast both Keith and Pete had. Don't forget that in the K-Gun, both of them didn't have to block as much because Kelly had one hell of an OL.
                    well that's another key difference- the supporting cast. While our OL is improved, we're not even close to what it was in the days when we had House Ballard, Will Wolford, Jim Richter, etc. And also, we had 2 solid receivers in Reed and Lofton with Beebe backing them up. After Evans, we don't even have anyone who's Beebe's equal at the moment.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Mudflap1
                      Are you sure the K wasn't Kelly? Keith McKellar sucked by the way, I wouldn't say he's leaps and bounds better than Royal, if at all.

Jon

I know wikipedia isn't the greatest source, but I've seen ex-Bills from that era say that McKellar was the "K" in interviews.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                        Pinkerton's son
                        • Feb 2006

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffalo_Bills

I know wikipedia isn't the greatest source, but I've seen ex-Bills from that era say that McKellar was the "K" in interviews.
                        ya ive definitely heard that it was named bc of McKellar.

I wish i knew first hand, but I'm just a young gun learning as I go.

Comment

• madness
                          • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Mudflap1

Jon
                          Op is right. McKeller also far from sucked since he was a just basketball player who played only one year of college football before he was drafted in the 9th round. Talk about exceeding expectations!

from Marv's book..

We didn't pick another offensive player until we chose a basketball player from another small school (Jacksonville State in Alabama) in the ninth round (there were 12 rounds in the draft in those days). His name was Keith McKeller, and it was after Keith, a tight end, that we would name the quick-striking "K-Gun" attack that we featured during the Super Bowl years that lay ahead.
                          It's also way too early to call out Royal who was stuck back in pass protection most of last year. Let's see what he does this year before we lay down the verdict on him.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

well that's another key difference- the supporting cast. While our OL is improved, we're not even close to what it was in the days when we had House Ballard, Will Wolford, Jim Richter, etc. And also, we had 2 solid receivers in Reed and Lofton with Beebe backing them up. After Evans, we don't even have anyone who's Beebe's equal at the moment.
                            I am not disagreeing with you on this quote, just saying that I can see Roayls making the same numbers.

Of course we can't run the exact Kgun because we will never have the exact players you mentioned but we can still run a different version of the KGun with the players we have . It'll be different being that the mentallity of our HC is to rotate players as well.
                            sacrifice1

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                              I am not disagreeing with you on this quote, just saying that I can see Roayls making the same numbers.

Of course we can't run the exact Kgun because we will never have the exact players you mentioned but we can still run a different version of the KGun with the players we have . It'll be different being that the mentallity of our HC is to rotate players.
                              all I'm saying is that we need an offense that is predicated on ball control to keep pressure off the D. If it's a modified K gun that's not no-huddle, that could work, but we need to win the TOP battle to win games more than ever.
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                              X