X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bling
    • Jul 2004

So what finally happened to Walker?

Did they get a new contract? Ship him back to Philly? What?
  • Goobylal
    • Jan 2004

Re: So what finally happened to Walker?

The deadline is August 5th.

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

The Bills have until August 4 to sign him before he reverts to Philly.

However, the Bills aren't going to sign him. There hasn't been any news on contract talks in over a month and the last news was not good. It's pretty safe to assume he'll never play a game in a Bills uni. He'll go back to Philly and they'll just cut him.

Of course, it would be the ultimate coup if we got the sixth round pick, Philly cut him, and Marv signed him, but I doubt that will happen- if we can't get him to show up when he's already under contract he sure as hell isn't going to show up when 30 other NFL teams have the opportunity to give him a job.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• gr8slayer
        • Feb 2005

Who cares. I'd rather have the draft pick.

Comment

• Goobylal
          • Jan 2004

It wouldn't surprise me if he's looking for what Tripplett got last year. If that's the case, see ya! And he's seriously deluded if he thinks that any team will give him that post-August 5th, after training camps have started and there's less than a week until the first pre-season game.

He might find retiring and working for his engineering firm his best option.

Comment

• YardRat
            Well, lookie here...
            • Dec 2004

My inside source tells me the front office has pretty much washed their hands of Walker. He doesn't want to be here, and they don't want him here either. They're happy with the draft picks, and even happier to let him be some other team's problem and not Buffalo's.
            YardRat Wall of Fame
            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• ServoBillieves
              The Voice of Reason
              • Jul 2007

Sure miss TKO though...
              Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• gr8slayer
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by HargroveforMVP
                Sure miss TKO though...
                Not after last year.

Comment

• Uncle Jesse
                  • Sep 2004

We just gotta hope McCargo is good to go, and can step in and be a force, and we'll be fine without Walker, if not, then were going to need help from somewhere. Who knows though, maybe we'll pick up someone after teams rosters slim down.

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by gr8slayer
                    Who cares. I'd rather have the draft pick.
                    I'd rather have anyone who can help us get Tim Anderson off the roster than a draft pick that won't help this year.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Scumbag College
                      • Oct 2002

I would try to trade the rights to Walker to the Giants, Redskins, or Cowboys for a 6th or 7th round pick. I think one of those teams from the NFC East would do that (especially Jerry Jones or Snyder) to screw over a division rival. I would have no idea about the rules if Walker still held out. Would he go back to the Bills? The Eagles? The other team? By the time the league sorts all of it out, it's 2008 and Walker sat out the year.

If Philly wants to play dirty pool, so should we.
                      Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• CJW
                        • Jul 2007

Originally posted by YardRat
                        My inside source tells me the front office has pretty much washed their hands of Walker. He doesn't want to be here, and they don't want him here either. They're happy with the draft picks, and even happier to let him be some other team's problem and not Buffalo's.
                        Your "inside source" can blow me!

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                          • Jul 2003

According to John Clayton he will return be Philly in August, be released, and sign with Miami:

ESPN's John Clayton reports apparently, DT Darwin Walker is waiting for the chance join the Miami Dolphins and he is willing to wait until August to make that happen. Renegotiating talks broke down last month between the Bills and Walker. If Walker doesn't report to the Bills by Aug. 5, his rights return to the Eagles and the Bills get a sixth-round pick. The Eagles obviously don't want him so he will either be cut or traded. The Dolphins are down three defensive tackles from a year ago and would seem to be the prime team interested in him.
                          Clayton could be speculating, but it does make some sense. It is pretty certain that Walker is willing to wait until August and have his rights revert back to Philadelphia. It also seems the Bills aren't interested in offering him anything other than taking the last year of his current deal.

I imagine the Eagles will try to trade him again before outright releasing him, but given their commitment to younger players at DT they might just release him. It makes sense Miami would make a hard push for him, given they have a real need there.

Comment

• Michael82
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by NE39
                            According to John Clayton he will return be Philly in August, be released, and sign with Miami:

Clayton could be speculating, but it does make some sense. It is pretty certain that Walker is willing to wait until August and have his rights revert back to Philadelphia. It also seems the Bills aren't interested in offering him anything other than taking the last year of his current deal.

I imagine the Eagles will try to trade him again before outright releasing him, but given their commitment to younger players at DT they might just release him. It makes sense Miami would make a hard push for him, given they have a real need there.
                            If that's the case, I hope the Bills try to deal him before the deadline.

They gotta find some way to get a 5th rounder out of it.

Comment

• ddaryl
                              Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                              • Jan 2005

Unless it's a sign and trade deal there ain't gonna be no deal.

We're getting a 6th rd pick and that is fine. I don't want Walker on this team. Walker would turninto a locker room cancer real quick IMO. Any player who is about the money usually causes problems one way or another. I'd so much rather suffer some this year then to have to suffer this year and the years after.

Comment

Working...
                              X