PDA

View Full Version : Roy, Paetsch Arbitration dates

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
07-16-2007, 09:29 PM
The following NHL players, all restricted free agents, will go to salary arbitration. Hearings will be held starting July 20. Arbitrators can only hand out one or two-year awards. Arbitrator decisions must be made within 48 hours of the hearing, and teams then have 48 hours (or 48 hours after the team's last hearing is concluded if they have more than one) to accept the contract or walk away, immediately making the player an unrestricted free agent. Note that a team that requests arbitration does not have walk-away rights.

Buffalo Sabres
Player Hearing Date/Award
Nathan Paetsch August 2
Derek Roy July 27

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?fid=7545

there's some other good players on this list that the Sabres might be looking at if their teams decide to walk away. This is what the Sabres were waiting for by the way.

Garnet Exelby - ATL
D
Steve Montador FLA
D
Mike Cammalleri LA
C
Michael Ryder MTL
RW
Trent Hunter NYI
RW
Sean Avery NYR
LW
Marcel Hossa NYR
RW
(you take one of our players we take yours)
Chris Kelly OTT
C
Christoph Schubert OTT
D
Lee Stempniak STL from West Seneca, NY
RW

SkateZilla
07-17-2007, 05:19 AM
Avery,, Blah, Only Bonus would be Elisha In the Crowd

BlackMetalNinja
07-17-2007, 06:50 AM
I wouldn't mind having Michael Ryder... though we really need a center.

Michael82
07-17-2007, 08:16 AM
Avery can go to hell. :mad:

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
07-17-2007, 09:15 AM
I was just kidding about the Rangers players by the way. I don't want them. Avery is nothing but cancer in the locker-room and Hossa is over the hill. I just want to get back at the Rangers for stealing Drury away from us. I want Excelby from ATL then we can get rid of (Kalinin or Spacek). I hope the arbitrator gives him big bucks so that the Trashers can't afford to sign him and we pick him up. Like I said before this is what the Sabres were waiting for this is their plan B and Lee Stepniak would look good in a Sabres jersey he lives in West Seneca, NY a suburb of Buffalo and he grew up rooting for the Sabres. Bring him home

BlackMetalNinja
07-17-2007, 09:38 AM
I was just kidding about the Rangers players by the way. I don't want them. Avery is nothing but cancer in the locker-room and Hossa is over the hill. I just want to get back at the Rangers for stealing Drury away from us. I want Excelby from ATL then we can get rid of (Kalinin or Spacek). I hope the arbitrator gives him big bucks so that the Trashers can't afford to sign him and we pick him up. Like I said before this is what the Sabres were waiting for and Lee Stepniak would look good in a Sabres jersey he lives in West Seneca, NY a suburb of Buffalo and he grew up rooting for the Sabres. Bring him home

Man, if you had your way, the whole team would be nothing but Buffalo natives... I'd rather have the best players regardless of where they happen to be from.

Michael82
07-17-2007, 10:00 AM
Man, if you had your way, the whole team would be nothing but Buffalo natives... I'd rather have the best players regardless of where they happen to be from.
:bf1:

CuseJetsFan83
07-17-2007, 10:21 AM
i'd gladly take any player that is willing to not be a showboat or a primadonna.....
we need team players that when need be, can stepup.......... yeah the rochester sabres can only go so far, we do need outside help.......

and i wouldnt be surprised to see a makeup trade by seasons beginning either