PDA

View Full Version : Sabres shopping Afinogenov?

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
07-17-2007, 12:13 PM
July 15th, 2007
- Canucks are talking to Buffalo about Afinoganov

http://www.hockeyleaks.com/rumours.html

doesn't say who for though?

Michael82
07-17-2007, 12:39 PM
If they lose Drury, Briere and Max all in one season...I'm going to cry. :ill:

THATHURMANATOR
07-17-2007, 12:40 PM
If they lose Drury, Briere and Max all in one season...I'm going to cry. :ill:
We wouldn't be losing Max to free agency. I am assuming a player would be brought back Mike. Think before posting.

BlackMetalNinja
07-17-2007, 12:41 PM
Regardless... we see where the post and the info come from... why would anybody even want to pretend to believe it at this point?

Michael82
07-17-2007, 12:42 PM
Regardless... we see where the post and the info come from... why would anybody even want to pretend to believe it at this point?
Good point.

TheGhostofJimKelly
07-17-2007, 04:16 PM
For fun, if that deal were to take place, I wouldn't mind it involving Luc Bourdon.

YardRat
07-17-2007, 06:42 PM
I've been critical of Max in the past, but with the loss of Drury and Briere we need to keep him unless Darcy can really rape the other team.

camelcowboy
07-17-2007, 11:07 PM
Bieska or Bourdon, maybe ohlund other then that i'd hang up the phone.

Carlton Bailey
07-19-2007, 03:08 AM
Afinogenov and Kalinin for Ohlund and Morrison would work. Ohlund would give us a No. 1 D-man and Morrison would fill a void at center.

GThirst
07-20-2007, 11:35 AM
Afinogenov and Kalinin for Ohlund and Morrison would work. Ohlund would give us a No. 1 D-man and Morrison would fill a void at center.
No just no, for both teams.

Ohlund has been in Van City for quite a long time, and has a no trade clause. Plus, things are looking good for the Canucks.

Morrison is decent, but at his price may not be worth it. The years he had plenty of points he was with Naslund and Bertuzzi.

The Canucks are desperate for a 2nd line Right Winger. They also don't want Kalinin, who is worse than pretty much everyone on their current defense, barring depth d-man Rory Fitzpatrick (who I think is gone now).

That is just a bad trade.

It would be AWESOME for Max to skate with Nassy, but I just don't see it happening. The Canucks lack offensive talent, but don't kid yourselves: the Sabres lack everything outside of Goaltending. The Sabres have enough depth for maybe 3- 2nd line quality lines, and a really mediocre grind line. The D is soft and overall bad (not for the eastern conference, though).

The Sabres need to pick people out of arbitration, or free agents (yea, right).

Night Train
07-20-2007, 11:58 AM
I wish we would have moved Max more than a year ago and kept Grier, who is far more valuable.

Typ0
07-20-2007, 09:51 PM
I wish we would have moved Max more than a year ago and kept Grier, who is far more valuable.

we could have had both if Grier wasn't itching to high tail it out of town.

Ebenezer
07-20-2007, 10:58 PM
they might have to move Max if the rumors are true about Roy's contract.

YardRat
07-21-2007, 12:30 AM
they might have to move Max if the rumors are true about Roy's contract.

And Pomminville, and Stafford, and Connelly, and just about everybody else who didn't split time with Rochester this year.