PDA

View Full Version : VICK INDICTED

Philagape
07-17-2007, 04:37 PM
Just saw AP news alert at work: Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick has been indicted by a federal grand jury on charges related to illegal dogfighting.

Mitchy moo
07-17-2007, 04:37 PM
He is screwed..:birds:
RICHMOND, Va. - A federal grand jury in Virginia indicted Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick on Tuesday in its investigation of illegal dog fighting.
Vick and three others are charged with violating federal laws against competitive dog fighting, procuring and training pit bulls for it and conducting the enterprise across state lines.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19814494/

Mitchy moo
07-17-2007, 04:41 PM
Big problems for him now, bye bye.

Philagape
07-17-2007, 04:43 PM
The Joey Harrington era has begun (until they draft Brohm)

CJW
07-17-2007, 04:47 PM
Bye Bye Vick, he's bout to get ass raped for a few years!

Bling
07-17-2007, 04:50 PM
lol

CJW
07-17-2007, 04:51 PM
The Joey Harrington era has begun (until they draft Brohm)He'll still play!

Philagape
07-17-2007, 04:52 PM
He'll still play!

How can he play when he's getting raped for a few years?

Bling
07-17-2007, 04:54 PM
How can he play when he's getting raped for a few years?

I don't know either. This troll needs to be :banned:

Dr. Lecter
07-17-2007, 04:55 PM
They can sign Duante!

Bling
07-17-2007, 04:57 PM
They can sign Duante!

Now Daunte can invade on Joey's territory. :clap: That would seriously be hilarious.

ServoBillieves
07-17-2007, 05:09 PM
I just had the discussion with my father.

Would be VERY interesting to see Daunte and Joey, cut from the same team, would be rejoined on the same team.

Too bad we can't crush both of them :evil:

Bill Brasky
07-17-2007, 05:15 PM
does anybody really think he's gonna get severely punished?

X-Era
07-17-2007, 05:15 PM
lol

Culpepper will quickly find a new home...in ATL

JJamezz
07-17-2007, 05:19 PM

Legal system-wise, no...

But as far as the NFL and Goodell goes, it could be.. definitely going to be interesting.

Ebenezer
07-17-2007, 05:21 PM
nope...i bet he skates...

Bill Brasky
07-17-2007, 05:24 PM
yeah i really don't see him getting too much punishment. he's an athlete, so he has a free pass.

hell, pacman has broke the law several times and they are just now beginning to throw the book at him.

DraftBoy
07-17-2007, 05:37 PM
They indicted him on lesser charges then what they wanted, I expect his attorney to say the prosecution is being overly malicious in his case, ala Micheal Nifong with Duke.

Mitchy moo
07-17-2007, 05:39 PM
thx

HAMMER
07-17-2007, 05:53 PM
I am listening to Sirius and lots of people are calling in crying he is being targeted, that this is all racially motivated. Hilarious.

cocamide
07-17-2007, 06:00 PM
I hope he doesn't play one down this season. He's a huge blemish on the NFL right now so I think it might be possible. I think he'll be booed at every game this season if he does play.

mayotm
07-17-2007, 06:00 PM
I hope he gets the chair.

YardRat
07-17-2007, 06:04 PM
I'm not a big fan of Vick...he's the one of the most over-rated QB's in history, if not the most, but I still hope the process is fair and the punishment, if any, fits the crime.

Philagape
07-17-2007, 06:05 PM
"We are disappointed that Michael Vick has put himself in a position where a federal grand jury has returned an indictment against him," NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy said. -- AP

DraftBoy
07-17-2007, 06:15 PM
Early guess is a six week suspension

Bill Brasky
07-17-2007, 06:15 PM
I am listening to Sirius and lots of people are calling in crying he is being targeted, that this is all racially motivated. Hilarious.
Yep. Just like Ron Mexico, and his brother's countless chargers were racially motivated! Just a hunch, but maybe his entire bloodline is just no good - plain and simple - whether he's black, white, latino - it doesn't f'n matter!

Is it even remotely possible that when a black guy commits a crime and is caught, that it's actually because he's guilty... or are all black guys innocent?

I'm personally sick of the "racial motivation" excuse. It's so tired it carries no merit whatsoever anymore. It's like their get out of jail free card. It's not 1960 anymore, folks. Grow the F up and be prepared to pay the price for your actions.

Philagape
07-17-2007, 06:50 PM
The dogfighting operation was named "Bad Newz Kennels," according to the indictment -- AP

:rofl:

X-Era
07-17-2007, 07:03 PM
Just saw AP news alert at work: Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick has been indicted by a federal grand jury on charges related to illegal dogfighting.

These players are SO friggin stupid these days its ridiculous. Just friggin stupid.

IF the allegations are true, hes just plain an idiot. Hes out there purposely doing something highly illegal and knowing it the entire time.

He should give ALL his NFL made money back to needy children or something just because dumb people should never be rich....Paris Hilton too.

Better yet, give it to the United Negro College Fund, because the brain given to him was wasted, and minds are a terrible thing to waste.

hammerbillsfan
07-17-2007, 07:09 PM
good, vick and jones can share a jail cell with each other

HAMMER
07-17-2007, 07:12 PM
Word I'm hearing so far is if he plea bargains he won't likely get hard time but he would be admitting to a felony which surely will earn him an 8 or more game suspension from the NFL. Will Art Blank take any action independent of both the legal system and the NFL?

Saratoga Slim
07-17-2007, 07:19 PM
Word I'm hearing so far is if he plea bargains he won't likely get hard time but he would be admitting to a felony which surely will earn him an 8 or more game suspension from the NFL. Will Art Blank take any action independent of both the legal system and the NFL?

if he takes a plea it'll be to a misdemeanor. but nonetheless, you're right, if he pleas guilty to anything it's going to land him a big suspension

njsue
07-17-2007, 07:38 PM
Time to bring back the classy image of the NFL by preventing these losers from entering the league.

The NFL Commish has to lay down the law on this one!

Arthur Blank has to be shopping for Vick's replacement.

DynaPaul
07-17-2007, 07:49 PM
The people who say this is racially motivated should be forced to spend a night with the carcasses of all those dead dogs.

Philagape
07-17-2007, 09:00 PM
- In March 2003, after a pit bull from Bad Newz Kennels lost in a fight, it said (co-defendant) Peace consulted with Vick about the losing dog's condition, then executed it by wetting it with water and electrocuting it.

:whatthe:

dolphan117
07-17-2007, 09:03 PM
Props to the prosecutors, I was afraid they werent going to be able to find enough evidence to charge him even though everyone knew the whole "It was the people around me, I had no idea what was going on" line was a complete load of crap.

Bill Brasky
07-17-2007, 09:05 PM
i hope this scumbag rots in hell. what a POS. takes a lot of balls to kill man's best friend. pussy.

ServoBillieves
07-17-2007, 09:24 PM
Well this is a federal case now... I mean that's FBI.

He'll definitley do some time, and definitley won't be in the league this season.

dolphan117
07-17-2007, 09:27 PM

He'll definitley do some time, and definitley won't be in the league this season.I don't know that that's true, it will probably depend how long it takes for the case/trial to play out. I mean how stupid would the league look if they suspend Vick and later he is found not guilty? The league may well wait to hand down a suspension until after the verdict, which could take a while.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
07-17-2007, 09:30 PM
and yet millions of babies are butchered every year and no one gives a *****

ServoBillieves
07-17-2007, 09:33 PM
I don't know that that's true, it will probably depend how long it takes for the case/trial to play out. I mean how stupid would the league look if they suspend Vick and later he is found not guilty? The league may well wait to hand down a suspension until after the verdict, which could take a while.

True... but I think with the media hype and utter hatred he will face at opposing stadiums is enough to keep him out of uniform for a while.

I think "Who Let the Dogs Out" will rattle his skull if he gets it blasted in his ears a couple times every game :cus:

Carlton Bailey
07-17-2007, 10:55 PM
I hope a rottweiler eats his face.

Mitchy moo
07-18-2007, 12:00 AM
Here is some really sick **** I pulled from this article:

"Peace, after consulting with Vick about the losing female pit bull's condition, executed the dog by wetting the dog down with water and electrocuting the animal," the indictment reads.

"In or about April of 2007, Peace, Phillips and Vick executed approximately eight dogs that did not perform well in 'testing' sessions at 1915 Moonlight Road by various methods, including hanging, drowning and slamming at least one dog's body to the ground."

"If you want to kill a dog, why exert the energy to slam him into the ground or drown him? Why not just shoot him, which is the most common method?" says John Goodwin, dogfighting expert for the Humane Society of the United States. "That is insane. These guys, if they did that, have serious problems."

Vick is garbage, pure garbage. If the bears can get rid of Tank for speeding, Vick is a goner for this. I know Tank had a gun problem before but he wasn't drunk the night of his arrest, he was speeding.

This is also past hanging with the wrong crowd too, this is a career of sick games to amuse him and his friends. That A-hole in Tampa that opened his mouth about nothing wrong with this type of activity is a sick F-er as well and needs to be watched. Put the trash out back is the NFL's new policy, it will be enforced.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/nfl/07/17/dohrmann.vick/index.html

Dolphanzeke
07-18-2007, 01:04 AM
i hope this scumbag rots in hell. what a POS. takes a lot of balls to kill man's best friend. pussy.X100

Mitchy moo
07-18-2007, 01:17 AM
X100

Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by jfreeman
i hope this scumbag rots in hell. what a POS. takes a lot of balls to kill man's best friend. pussy

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

In prison, Vick will find out what it's like to be a man's best friend. He'll move from tossing salads in the ritz to tossing them for cell mates. It will serve him right as well that he sees little love himself, seeing the Ron Mexico / VD thingy.

Mitchy moo
07-18-2007, 01:31 AM
Anybody have a nice pic of vick in a headband they can do up?

It also said that after establishing Bad Newz Kennels in early 2002, Vick and the others obtained shirts and headbands promoting their affiliation with the kennel.

:birds:

Carlton Bailey
07-18-2007, 02:44 AM
Does wanting Vick dead make me a bad person? I just ****ing hate his guts at this point. I liked the guy when he was at Va. Tech; he seemed like a classy person. Man, was I wrong.

snow1989
07-18-2007, 05:12 AM
I think the judicial system needs to just run its course ( albeit it will be a very long one I'm sure with the lawyers he can afford ) and see if he pleads or even gets convicted. Until either, I don't see the Commish punishing him because frankly, until proven guilty ( or admitted guilt ) - you're considered innocent. ( Unless there is something in a moral clause of a contract he could use )

If he admits it or is convicted then he should just be banned from the league period. Same with Pacman in his case. The only way they will clean up the league image is by getting straight to the heart of it and making examples.

It's a sad day when people from any career path with money can 'buy' innocence or plea bargain it out to community service....the day has to finally come when they are simply held responsible and proper sentencing imposed no matter how much money or fame these people have.

Philagape
07-18-2007, 08:33 AM
Until either, I don't see the Commish punishing him because frankly, until proven guilty ( or admitted guilt ) - you're considered innocent.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but Pacman Jones is suspended for the year for nothing he's been convicted for.

Dr. Lecter
07-18-2007, 08:47 AM
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but Pacman Jones is suspended for the year for nothing he's been convicted for.

They talked about that last night on ESPN. Basically it was because Pacman has been in trouble approximately 1,763 times so Goodell said enough is enough, whereas this is Vick's first brush with the law.

Michael82
07-18-2007, 08:56 AM
Legal system-wise, no...

But as far as the NFL and Goodell goes, it could be.. definitely going to be interesting.
This is Goodell's test. This is the kind of thing that I have been waiting for. Now we can find out if he has the balls to suspend a "name" or "star" player. If he lets Vick skate or slaps him with a 2 or 4 game suspension...we will know his strong armed tactic is a joke.

Michael82
07-18-2007, 08:59 AM
- In March 2003, after a pit bull from Bad Newz Kennels lost in a fight, it said (co-defendant) Peace consulted with Vick about the losing dog's condition, then executed it by wetting it with water and electrocuting it.

:whatthe:
That's ****ed up! :ill:

Mitchy moo
07-18-2007, 09:02 AM
That's ****ed up! :ill:

Maybe they should try that with the guys that stand accused.. I bet that would be less likely to happen again as well.

Michael82
07-18-2007, 09:05 AM
I want to see this ****er tortured. I would love to see them do some of the same stuff that he and his buddies did to those dogs to him! Or better yet....put him inside of a room with one of the many pissed off pitbulls and let the dog do what he wants to him. Vick has to soak in a meat bath first so the dog smells it.

Michael82
07-18-2007, 09:05 AM
Maybe they shpuld try that with the guys that stand accused.. I bet that would be less likely to happen again as well.
EXACTLY! :hi5:

Jan Reimers
07-18-2007, 09:08 AM
Does wanting Vick dead make me a bad person?
No. I feel the same way. As the owner of 5 loving dogs - three greyhounds and two black labs - I can't even comprehend the things that Vick has done.

He belongs in the worst part of Hell.

Dr. Lecter
07-18-2007, 09:09 AM
I would hate to here how many other animals were killed. Generally these dogs are trained to kill by using smaller animals like rabbits and cats.

Vick and his buddies can rot in hell.

Michael82
07-18-2007, 09:17 AM
They talked about that last night on ESPN. Basically it was because Pacman has been in trouble approximately 1,763 times so Goodell said enough is enough, whereas this is Vick's first brush with the law.
true...but Vick's "first" brush with the law is a really bad one! :puke:

Mr. Miyagi
07-18-2007, 09:31 AM
Bring the troops home!

Gunzlingr
07-18-2007, 09:50 AM
sounds like Ron Mexico is pretty well ****ed.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/nfl/07/17/dohrmann.vick/index.html

Michael82
07-18-2007, 10:01 AM

:bf1:

Mitchy moo
07-18-2007, 10:03 AM

He spent like 6 years doing this, obviously multiple times. He'll see the walls of a cell for all of this, 9 months max w/ good behavior. Plenty of manhandling as well, it's time for him to do the :dishes:

HAMMER
07-18-2007, 10:27 AM
I want to see this ****er tortured. I would love to see them do some of the same stuff that he and his buddies did to those dogs to him! Or better yet....put him inside of a room with one of the many pissed off pitbulls and let the dog do what he wants to him. Vick has to soak in a meat bath first so the dog smells it.

That would be the perfect retribution. Vick in a cage with about four angry, hungry pitbulls, some peanut butter slathered on his sack, and a t-bone around his neck. I am a huge dog lover and would spit straight into this jerks face if I ever came across him.

Vick is going to need more security because I am quite sure there are more than a few animal rights activists that are willing to take a shot at him.

casdhf
07-18-2007, 11:12 AM
I would like to volunteer for jury duty.

Michael82
07-18-2007, 11:50 AM
Falcons will open camp with Vick in court

While his Falcons teammates step onto the field for the first practice of training camp next week, quarterback Michael Vick will be in a court in Richmond, Va., facing federal charges for dog fighting.

Vick is to make his initial court appearance July 26, according to a summons issued Wednesday, a day after Vick and three others were indicted by a federal grand jury.

Magistrate Judge Dennis Dohnal and a 4 p.m. arraignment before U.S. District Judge Henry Hudson, who will handle the case that has put his career in jeopardy.

The Falcons' first practice begins at 3 p.m. the same day — a coincidence that promises to fuel the media maelstrom swirling around the team.
Meanwhile, Falcons owner Arthur Blank told the AJC Wednesday that he was "greeted" by news of Vick's indictment just after arriving back in Atlanta from a trip to Africa. He said he planned to spend Wednesday gathering facts and talking with league and team officials.
Blank said the team could have a statement or an announcement later Wednesday. So far, its only comment was an unsigned statement Tuesday evening saying it was "disturbed" by the indictment.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/falcons/stories/2007/07/18/0718vicklegal.html

Valerie
07-18-2007, 02:02 PM
This is so disgusting! I would LOVE to throw water on Vick and electrocute him. BASTARD! How horrible for those poor dogs! Very sad. I hope all of the people involved in this go to jail for the FULL TERM! Bunch of deranged sickos!

njsue
07-18-2007, 04:00 PM

He'll definitley do some time, and definitley won't be in the league this season.

Arthur Blank has to be furious. This is an embarrassment to the Atlanta Falcon's organization.

TheGhostofJimKelly
07-18-2007, 04:29 PM
Federal + Indictment = up **** creek without a paddle.

HiHat31
07-18-2007, 05:01 PM
He should be suspended indefinitely (by NFL) and eliminated permanently (by Jury)

6 years in prison would be too good for this piece of ****.

Mitchy moo
07-18-2007, 05:04 PM
Federal + Indictment = up **** creek without a paddle.

Vick is rich but the Government has deeper pockets.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
07-18-2007, 05:30 PM

who ever neged me for saying this and told me to keep politics out can go ef yourself.

Its not politics you ahole it is life.

go neg yourself you coward.

Mitchy moo
07-18-2007, 06:30 PM
who ever neged me for saying this and told me to keep politics out can go ef yourself.

What are you trying to say?

njsue
07-18-2007, 07:58 PM
The San Diego Chargers must be patting themselves on the back for not drafting Michael Vick.

Michael82
07-18-2007, 09:06 PM
and for getting LaDainian Tomlinson. Don't ya think the Falcons are kicking themselves for that trade big time? :rofl:

Butler kicked them in the balls and laughed at them. :snicker:

njsue
07-18-2007, 10:08 PM
Playing for the NFL is a privlege. These bad kids are tearing down the once respectable image.

All these incidents prove is that "money is the root of all evil".

Mitchy moo
07-18-2007, 10:26 PM
Playing for the NFL is a privlege. These bad kids are tearing down the once respectable image.

Money is a vehicle which guides which way you can go.

Skooby

THE END OF ALL DAYS
07-18-2007, 10:51 PM

one of the most often MISQUOTED phrases in the world!

the qoute is from the bible and it is

1Ti 6:10 (http://cf.blb.org/search/getBible.cfm?b=1Ti&c=6&v=10&version=KJV#10) "For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows."

money is not evil it is the lust for money that is evil

TheGhostofJimKelly
07-19-2007, 07:13 AM

Negged.

Dr. Lecter
07-19-2007, 07:24 AM
OK, y'all - Back on topic. Let's talk about the slimeball named Vick, not various other topics.

Thx.

Dolphanzeke
07-19-2007, 08:10 AM
I wonder how many guys in the league are going to make sure to inflict a little extra pain on Mr. vick this year....I bet quite a few...I would even imagine a lineman or 2 letting their guy get a "free" shot once a game I know I would... I feel bad for guys like Warrick Dunn who have done so many good things for people and they have to be lumped in with that POS.

Saratoga Slim
07-19-2007, 09:25 AM
I hope a rottweiler eats his face. no, the dog might get herpes

Saratoga Slim
07-19-2007, 09:32 AM
Here is some really sick **** I pulled from this article:

"Peace, after consulting with Vick about the losing female pit bull's condition, executed the dog by wetting the dog down with water and electrocuting the animal," the indictment reads.

"In or about April of 2007, Peace, Phillips and Vick executed approximately eight dogs that did not perform well in 'testing' sessions at 1915 Moonlight Road by various methods, including hanging, drowning and slamming at least one dog's body to the ground."

"If you want to kill a dog, why exert the energy to slam him into the ground or drown him? Why not just shoot him, which is the most common method?" says John Goodwin, dogfighting expert for the Humane Society of the United States. "That is insane. These guys, if they did that, have serious problems."

I honestly think Vick, if guilty, could get a lifetime ban for this. it's sick sh**. The NFL does not want to be associated with someone who would drown, electrocute or body slam a dog. that's awful PR.

M
07-19-2007, 10:03 AM
I honestly think Vick, if guilty, could get a lifetime ban for this. it's sick sh**. The NFL does not want to be associated with someone who would drown, electrocute or body slam a dog. that's awful PR.

Don't forget the treatment the dogs get before they fight, the actual fight, the poor bait dogs that nobody is talking about, etc. I'm just disgusted by all of this. :mad:

helmetguy
07-19-2007, 04:19 PM
Hell, I'd pay good money to see what happened if my kid brother ever got ahold the vile bastard.

HAMMER
07-20-2007, 11:48 AM
If I were Art Blank I would just cut him outright, o more screwing around. Swallow the bonus, swallow the cap hit and move on. This is too much of a distraction and the Falcons would be better off moving on. If they hadn't traded Schaub.......