PDA

View Full Version : You Be the Swami: Vick Verdict

Meathead
07-18-2007, 06:10 AM
and please no sexually transmitted diseases

Night Train
07-18-2007, 06:29 AM
They take him to the Atlanta SPCA and put him down.

YardRat
07-18-2007, 06:33 AM
Plea bargain. Slap on the wrist. Maybe a fine from Goodell.

Meathead
07-18-2007, 06:39 AM
when will we step up and stop coddling these false heros when they commit serious crimes

i hope its now

im not holding my breath

Mitchy moo
07-18-2007, 07:52 AM
If he plea bargains he is done making millions a year, better off to fight it and try to get it dismissed. The feds have a 95% conviction rate on this type of activity, so when they charge you, you are done. Vick has obviously never gotten good advice, so I don't expect him to now. He'll be convicted and get sentenced to 1.5 years in jail and serve 9 months. He'll also apply for reinstatement at that point and get back into the league, after the year off.

Michael82
07-18-2007, 09:07 AM
Plea bargain and it will be the end of all his partnerships and sponsorships with other companies. Everyone who has Vick as a spokesperson will drop him like the piece of **** that he is! Hopefully Nike is the first one to act on it!

Gunzlingr
07-18-2007, 09:53 AM
I have read most of the indictment, and it sounds like he is pretty well ****ed. I hope they hang him out to dry.

Mitchy moo
07-18-2007, 10:09 AM
I have read most of the indictment, and it sounds like he is pretty well ****ed. I hope they hang him out to dry.

That A-hole player in Tampa that came out to defend him needs to get suspended as well for even piping in.

Meathead
07-18-2007, 02:32 PM
more votes *****es

Michael82
07-18-2007, 02:43 PM
That A-hole player in Tampa that came out to defend him needs to get suspended as well for even piping in.
it wasn't a Tampa player....it was that idiot, Clinton Portis from Washington.

Meathead
07-18-2007, 03:38 PM
heres the indictment:

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2007/0717072vick1.html

it says in there vick actually traveled with the dogs to some of the fights and was directly involved in the betting and paying off bets

i cant see how he could possibly get out of this but perhaps ten or twenty million in lawyer fees will show us how

TigerJ
07-18-2007, 03:47 PM
According to Mike Florio, the guy from Pro Football Talk that we all love to hate (he's a lawyer too) the Feds could issue further indictments against Vick because the have enough on him for additional charges relating to gambling, transporting fighting dogs across state lines, etc. The actual indictment they did issue is the conspiracy charge. I think if the feds are interested in plea bargaining, they will issue more indictments and let Vick out of a few of them as part of the negotiating process.

M
07-18-2007, 03:53 PM
i cant see how he could possibly get out of this but perhaps ten or twenty million in lawyer fees will show us how

All the $$ in the world isn't going to help if any of the others indicited turn on Vick to get a deal ...

Meathead
07-18-2007, 04:04 PM
one word: orenthal james

shelby
07-18-2007, 05:37 PM
:ill: The way those dogs are treated makes me sick. i had a red nosed pit bull, and he was the sweetest, most loyal dog.

i think he'll take a plea bargain.:mad:

dolphan117
07-18-2007, 05:57 PM
I'm saying guilty, I don't think they would have charged such a high profile sports guy unless they had a pretty solid case, and if they do I doubt they will let him plea bargain down.

That's my hope at least.

Bill Brasky
07-18-2007, 07:52 PM
Ron Mexico
Water Bottle Incident
Dog Murderer

What a great human being.

His brother is a POS too. Must be some great parenting goin on in that family...

TheGhostofJimKelly
07-19-2007, 07:15 AM
This isn't some county or town/city indictment. This is a federal indictment. I say he takes the best deal he can get and he prays it doesn't contain jail time, but I doubt that.

PECKERWOOD
07-19-2007, 11:39 PM
I'm not sure why anyone would want to own a Pitbull those dogs can kill a human being if they choose to. Dangerous, dangerous, dangerous.

Billz_fan
07-20-2007, 01:43 AM
:ill: The way those dogs are treated makes me sick. i had a red nosed pit bull, and he was the sweetest, most loyal dog.

i think he'll take a plea bargain.:mad:

I have one also, she is 4 years old and the most loyal dog I have ever owned. We do everything together. Im 48 years old and have have dogs all my life. I will probably own another Pit Bull after this. They are what you make them and she is wonderful. She loves children and cats also, lol

shelby
07-20-2007, 04:24 AM
I'm not sure why anyone would want to own a Pitbull those dogs can kill a human being if they choose to. Dangerous, dangerous, dangerous.

i live in Tampa. They are great guard dogs. Mine was not dangerous unless he felt his family was being threatened.
Right now i have a 120 lb. Akita. He's the same way.