PDA

View Full Version : Barnaby hangs up the skates

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
07-18-2007, 09:15 AM
Matt Barnaby was a player that personified the expression "love to hate."

He made a living at getting under an opponent's skin.

At 6'1", 190-pounds, he was told by so many that he couldn't stick in the NHL - 14 seasons later, he's decided to hang up his skates.

Barnaby, who played this past season in Dallas, suffered a severe concussion January 9th. He told 2-on-your-side's Adam Benigni that his priorities have changed, and that it's time to call it a career.

"When you're younger, you're only responsible for yourself. Now I have a son and a daughter, and I want to enjoy them for the next 20 or 30 years. Given what happened to me, and the way I play, I think I had to make the decision that was best for me and my family."
http://www.wgrz.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=49590

watch video http://www.wgrz.com/video/vplayer.aspx?aid=30162&bw=

GThirst
07-20-2007, 11:37 AM
Good night, sweet prince :(

He was a funny guy, loved his play. I was at the Sabs VS Canadiens game were he scored a hat trick in the playoffs :D

tampabay25690
07-20-2007, 05:56 PM
GOOD LUCK to MAtt and his family. Great guy off the ice and I know him and his family!!! I know for sure 100%%% he loves Buffalo and will be living in the area for the rest of his life......

ENJOY RETIREMENT!!!!!

LABillsFan
07-21-2007, 12:21 AM
Good night, sweet prince :(

He was a funny guy, loved his play. I was at the Sabs VS Canadiens game were he scored a hat trick in the playoffs :D
I believe it was Mother's Day and his mom was in the stands.

GThirst
07-21-2007, 12:28 AM
I believe it was Mother's Day and his mom was in the stands.
Yup, I went with my Mom and Brother. Originally we were going to the Bisons game. Then it was rained out, so we went and found a scalper! 3 300 level tickets for $28! It was pretty awesome. The scalper was a really nice guy actually. He saw a mom with 2 kids, asked for $20 a tick, she said she only had $28 on her and he was all "Why not right?" The kind sir gave me one of my fondest childhood memories haha.

LABillsFan
07-21-2007, 12:30 AM
Yup, I went with my Mom and Brother. Originally we were going to the Bisons game. Then it was rained out, so we went and found a scalper! 3 300 level tickets for $28! It was pretty awesome. The scalper was a really nice guy actually. He saw a mom with 2 kids, asked for $20 a tick, she said she only had $28 on her and he was all "Why not right?" The kind sir gave me one of my fondest childhood memories haha.

That 's a great story. :up: