PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Morning News writer: Why The Bills Could Be Decent

Mitchy moo
07-18-2007, 06:32 PM
Since I'm not in the business of spreading false hope, let me caution Bills fans to temper their enthusiasm for the followng statement:
Your offensive line may not be awful (http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?NEWS_ID=4920).
Left tackle Jason Peters has become a consistent performer without anyone noticing and the addition of left guard Derrick Dockery in free agency should give the Bills a solid left side.
There's still an opening at right guard, but the signing of former Raiders right tackle Langston Walker should finally give the line some stability. Yes, I know the Raiders offensive line was pitiful last season, but I've talked to several pro scouts who said Walker actually performed well. For a 6-8 guy, he has excellent athletic ability, and he rarely makes mistakes.
It's been years since the Bills have been good up front, but I think they're headed in the right direction. And don't sleep on Marshawn Lynch in your fantasy draft.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/hashmarks/0-2-71/Why-The-Bills-Could-Be-Decent.html

Mitchy moo
07-18-2007, 06:35 PM
Real decent of him to pencil us in but we'll take care of our business this season, thanks.

GO BILLS!

Ed
07-18-2007, 06:53 PM
It's nice to see someone write something positive about Walker. Maybe he really didn't have anything to do with the Raiders O-line being so bad last season.

Mitchy moo
07-18-2007, 06:58 PM
It's nice to see someone write something positive about Walker. Maybe he really didn't have anything to do with the Raiders O-line being so bad last season.

Walker may rock!

streetkings01
07-18-2007, 08:12 PM
Walker may rock!Doubt it...sorry!
:monkeyp: Langston Walker

Goobylal
07-18-2007, 08:17 PM
Walker will be fine. The Raiders were a joke last year.

PcA125
07-18-2007, 08:26 PM
I dont know enough about him to make a judgement... but one person does not make an O line. YOu cant blame him for everything that went wrong w/ the Raiders

Meathead
07-18-2007, 09:39 PM
get used to seeing a lot of huge black ass pancaking defenders

the padonkadonk company

i just hope whittle doesnt win the rg job and mess up my whole color scheme

Goobylal
07-18-2007, 09:50 PM
Whittle won't Butler will.

Meathead
07-18-2007, 09:55 PM
bite your cracker tongue

Goobylal
07-18-2007, 09:57 PM
Excuse me?

Meathead
07-18-2007, 09:58 PM
btw looking at the bills depth chart (http://www.buffalobills.com/depth_chart/index.html) who the hell is zac tubbs (http://www.buffalobills.com/team/player.jsp?player_id=122738)

i musta missed that signing

Meathead
07-18-2007, 09:58 PM
you heard me honky

streetkings01
07-18-2007, 10:48 PM
I dont know enough about him to make a judgement... but one person does not make an O line. YOu cant blame him for everything that went wrong w/ the RaidersThat may be true...but 1 person can make a oline look bad! See Reyes, see Gandy, see Teague....etc...

Pinkerton Security
07-19-2007, 07:22 AM
That may be true...but 1 person can make a oline look bad! See Reyes, see Gandy, see Teague....etc...

Yes, but did you watch the Raiders at all last year? I admittedly watched only a couple of their games since they are on the west coast, but from what I saw, they were worse than just bad. They were atrocious, like they could barely contain a 4 man rush, let alone pick up any blitzes. Our line COULD be terrible, no one knows. I just dont think it can be that bad. Pennington played pretty admirably for a rook last year, so if it comes down to it and our line is struggling, put him back at RT because it seemed to at least function like that last year.

ParanoidAndroid
07-19-2007, 07:47 AM
btw looking at the bills depth chart (http://www.buffalobills.com/depth_chart/index.html) who the hell is zac tubbs (http://www.buffalobills.com/team/player.jsp?player_id=122738)

i musta missed that signing

He was the heir apparent to Shawn Andrews, but that did not come to pass because of injuries. He was gonna be good, too. Losing his last 2 college seasons kinda messed up his career.
Here's a little video... http://marquette.rivals.com/video.asp?pkey=4784&section=fbrecruit&vidtype=prospect&vidid=44

madness
07-19-2007, 07:59 AM
but I've talked to several pro scouts who said Walker actually performed well. For a 6-8 guy, he has excellent athletic ability, and he rarely makes mistakes.

Hmmm... Professionals like pro scouts and McNally (who said the same thing) obviously don't know jack compared to some of our message board's great minds. (most who based their opinions from the great minds on the Raiders' message boards without studying a lick of game film).

Who knows, maybe the pro scouts and McNally get lucky on this one. :idunno:

TacklingDummy
07-19-2007, 08:08 AM
Walker will be fine. The Raiders were a joke last year.

From what I heard, Walker was the biggest joke on the line.

madness
07-19-2007, 08:13 AM
I rest my case. :snicker:

Goobylal
07-19-2007, 11:30 AM
From what I heard, Walker was the biggest joke on the line.
Find new sources. Your current ones stink.

streetkings01
07-19-2007, 11:40 AM
Hmmm... Professionals like pro scouts and McNally (who said the same thing) obviously don't know jack compared to some of our message board's great minds. (most who based their opinions from the great minds on the Raiders' message boards without studying a lick of game film).

Who knows, maybe the pro scouts and McNally get lucky on this one. :idunno:Those same message boards that told us the Bennie Anderson was garbage and we all said it was sour grapes? McNally has been a poor judge of talent on the oline since he came to Buffalo...see Villarreal, Anderson, Reyes, McFarland, Gessinger, etc....

They only credibility that McNally can hang his hat on is Munoz going to the HOF and the Giants 2000 oline and thats it! Sorry if I'm not as high on McNally and Walker as some of you guys, but their track records speak for themselves IMO!

casdhf
07-19-2007, 11:59 AM
He's done fairly well with Peters, I'd say.

streetkings01
07-19-2007, 12:35 PM
He's done fairly well with Peters, I'd say.So he has 1 good lineman every 5-6 years....PLEEEEEAAAAASSSSEEEE!!!!

madness
07-19-2007, 12:56 PM
Those same message boards that told us the Bennie Anderson was garbage and we all said it was sour grapes? McNally has been a poor judge of talent on the oline since he came to Buffalo...see Villarreal, Anderson, Reyes, McFarland, Gessinger, etc....

They only credibility that McNally can hang his hat on is Munoz going to the HOF and the Giants 2000 oline and thats it! Sorry if I'm not as high on McNally and Walker as some of you guys, but their track records speak for themselves IMO!

I didn't need a message board to tell me Anderson was garbage. The scouting report on him was out way before some nobody starting pushing his biased opinion on everybody else. McNally could only work with what he has been given.

"I think he's at a Pro Bowl level right now," said Ryan. "He's terrific. It's just a matter of time. Hell the tape doesn't lie. Jim McNally is one of the best offensive line coaches in the league so he's got a chance to be successful learning from a great coach. This kid has tons of ability."

Oh great, another NFL professional that doesn't have a clue. Somebody better tell Ryan and the loads of people in this league that say the same thing about McNally.

Thank goodness Peters is so talented that his talent eclipses McNally's poor coaching. Dockery said he signed because one of the perks was that he would be able to work with a great like McNally. I guess he's a fool also.

justasportsfan
07-19-2007, 12:59 PM
Those same message boards that told us the Bennie Anderson was garbage and we all said it was sour grapes? McNally has been a poor judge of talent on the oline since he came to Buffalo...see Villarreal, Anderson, Reyes, McFarland, Gessinger, etc....
!McNally or TD being cheap w/ the OL ?

ublinkwescore
07-19-2007, 02:01 PM
you heard me honky

Shut up White Bread.

madness
07-19-2007, 02:25 PM
Shut up White Bread.

Actually, isn't it Red Bread?

Meathead
07-19-2007, 04:37 PM
one shade short of clear bread

mchurchfie
07-19-2007, 05:03 PM
Yes, but did you watch the Raiders at all last year? I admittedly watched only a couple of their games since they are on the west coast, but from what I saw, they were worse than just bad. They were atrocious, like they could barely contain a 4 man rush, let alone pick up any blitzes. Our line COULD be terrible, no one knows. I just dont think it can be that bad. Pennington played pretty admirably for a rook last year, so if it comes down to it and our line is struggling, put him back at RT because it seemed to at least function like that last year.
Who was the Olinecoach, Carl Mauk??:ill: