PDA

View Full Version : Lynch is going to be a bad ass...

Tatonka
07-19-2007, 08:46 AM
have you ever just really really had a feeling about a player.. your gut tells you that the guy is going to be a great player.. i dont know that i have had that feeling about any recent player in particular.. the last few players i can remember feeling this way about were reed and henry when we drafted them...

everything about the way lynch has carried himself.. the way he looks when he runs and catches.. from highlights to OTAs.. the way he is so complimentary of the other running backs and players.. even back to when he was in college and talking about the other running backs that were behind him, he always spoke about them as if they were better but just havent had a chance.. he is doing it here as well.. in interviews, he doesnt talk about how good he is, but rather how good the guys around him are..

the guy has leader written all over him..

i was worried at first that he was just a thug with gold grills, but i can say that i cant think of another player i am more excited to see play this season, or in some time really.. i really think this guy is going to amaze us.

i dont know if he is going to be a ROY or not for alot of other reasons than skill, but i know that he is going to be a tremendous help to this team immediately and he is going to be a main player in the future of this franchise for the next 5 years at least.

there just seems to be something special about this kid.. his versatility, his attitude, his desire for the game. he just seems like a player. i am so happy we drafted this kid.

i dont have a ton of jerseys.. but i already have my lynch throwback ready to wear to the skins and philly games. lets hope my gut is right.

:bandwagon

LtBillsFan66
07-19-2007, 08:46 AM
I think so too.

Mitchy moo
07-19-2007, 08:50 AM
It's getting close to training camp and my mind is a racing, go LYNCH!!!!!!!!!!

Lynch em!!

Tatonka
07-19-2007, 08:50 AM
i just reread my post and it sounds like such a homer post, but i really think this kid is going to be awesome.. maybe it is homerism..

but i cant think of a single running back that has come out since LT that i would want right now over lynch. i think he is going to be in that class.. lt, faulk.. that kind of player.

justasportsfan
07-19-2007, 08:51 AM
Turner who?

NorthCarBills
07-19-2007, 08:52 AM
I totally agree, and well said. The funny part is that he had not played one game yet, has had limited time in the city of Buffalo, and he's seemingly already outclassed WM by a mile. I also have the feeling that his play will do the same in comparison.

cocamide
07-19-2007, 08:52 AM
As long as he stays healthy, he will impress everyone in the NFL and definitally be in all discussions for ROY. I can't wait.

justasportsfan
07-19-2007, 08:58 AM
As long as he stays healthy, he will impress everyone in the NFL and definitally be in all discussions for ROY. I can't wait.

I don't think he'll get it because I have a feeling he'll have stiff competition on the field. He'll be rotating with Wright especially on 3rd and short. I refuse to count out A-Train as well.

blackonyx89
07-19-2007, 09:02 AM
I predict that he's going to bust for 2 or 3 65+ Yard TD's. Mark my words!!!

:xtreme:

Saratoga Slim
07-19-2007, 09:11 AM

i was worried at first that he was just a thug with gold grills, but i can say that i cant think of another player i am more excited to see play this season, or in some time really.. i really think this guy is going to amaze us.

My thoughts exactly. I was very leery of him throughout the pre-draft process, cause I thought the same--that he's another thuggy, blingy, dumb RB. When we drafted him, I was OK with it, because Marv & Co. had obviously interviewed him, and with their emphasis on football character I assumed that they didn't see a major character problem or they wouldn't have gambled a 1st rounder on him. But I was still a little reserved.

However, now I'm really starting to like the guy. He's definately an inner city character, but he sure doesn't give off much of a "me" vibe. He seems like a pretty jovial, team-oriented kid who's really excited to be playing pro ball for the Bills.

I'm holding off on ROY predictions just yet, but I think he's going to be a lot of fun to watch.

Saratoga Slim
07-19-2007, 09:13 AM
I don't think he'll get it because I have a feeling he'll have stiff competition on the field. He'll be rotating with Wright especially on 3rd and short. I refuse to count out A-Train as well.

He may not get ROY for that very reason, but I'm hoping he gives us a season like Maroney gave the Pats last year.

I'd actually be stoked if Lynch's numbers are a bit muted because Wright is making big contributions. that would be an outstanding omen for the coming years.

gr8slayer
07-19-2007, 09:33 AM
Jones-Drew Part Two

TigerJ
07-19-2007, 09:38 AM
A little Bills homerism never hurt anyone on a Bills fan site.

justasportsfan
07-19-2007, 10:05 AM
He may not get ROY for that very reason, but I'm hoping he gives us a season like Maroney gave the Pats last year.

I'd actually be stoked if Lynch's numbers are a bit muted because Wright is making big contributions. that would be an outstanding omen for the coming years.
Michael Bush nos.

blotsfan
07-19-2007, 10:14 AM
I predict that he's going to bust for 2 or 3 65+ Yard TD's. Mark my words!!!

:xtreme: I was getting ready to lynch you for that (pun intended).

blackonyx89
07-19-2007, 10:22 AM
I was getting ready to lynch you for that (pun intended).

Hey if he can get more than 3 65+ Yard TD's and have solid stats at the same time, do it!!!

duhbilz
07-19-2007, 10:28 AM
have you ever just really really had a feeling about a player.. your gut tells you that the guy is going to be a great player.. i dont know that i have had that feeling about any recent player in particular.. the last few players i can remember feeling this way about were reed and henry when we drafted them...

everything about the way lynch has carried himself.. the way he looks when he runs and catches.. from highlights to OTAs.. the way he is so complimentary of the other running backs and players.. even back to when he was in college and talking about the other running backs that were behind him, he always spoke about them as if they were better but just havent had a chance.. he is doing it here as well.. in interviews, he doesnt talk about how good he is, but rather how good the guys around him are..

i dont know if he is going to be a ROY or not for alot of other reasons than skill, but i know that he is going to be a tremendous help to this team immediately and he is going to be a main player in the future of this franchise for the next 5 years at least.

there just seems to be something special about this kid.. his versatility, his attitude, his desire for the game. he just seems like a player. i am so happy we drafted this kid.

i dont have a ton of jerseys.. but i already have my lynch throwback ready to wear to the skins and philly games. lets hope my gut is right.

And your feeling about Willis when he was drafted was????

TheGhostofJimKelly
07-19-2007, 10:32 AM
I am with you man, I have been thinking of him in February as a possible pick. I think he can be a very special player.

RedEyE
07-19-2007, 12:02 PM
He definitly has all the tangibles in order to make it big in the NFL. I also think that his style of play and his demeanor compliments Losman well. If allowed to develop correctly the two of them might provide a 1-2 punch that this hasn't seen since the days of Kelly and Thurman. I can only hope that the warriors on the OL are ready to provide the holes necessary.

Jimbuktu
07-19-2007, 12:47 PM
Turner who?

Damn straight! I'm pumped as hell for the Lynch era to begin.

Mad Bomber
07-19-2007, 01:25 PM

I feel the same way about him. I was really happy to hear Bruce call his name at the draft. He has an elusive running style and is a great receiver. I think he's going to be the next Thurmal.

Like you, I don't have a ton of jerseys, but I also have a Lynch throwback that I will be wearing to the opener.

Mad Bomber
07-19-2007, 01:28 PM
Nice problem to have.

justasportsfan
07-19-2007, 02:24 PM
Nice problem to have. :up:

What was once an area of major concern became what promises to be an area of strength in 1 day (draft)

evol4276
07-19-2007, 03:20 PM
ive def been a huge lynch supporter since before the draft. liked him as soon as i saw clips of him, and defended him all throughout the pre-draft when everyone was wetting themselves over turner. i said it then and ill still say it now: lynch will be better than turner. both are unknowns but we have someone who wants to be here, wants to help the team succeed, even if he does look dopey. plus we didnt have to waste a huge draft pick on a backup to a team who already wins the majority of their games. i cant wait to see what he can do!

Tatonka
07-19-2007, 03:46 PM

i was very leary of the pick.. i was pissed because i liked henry alot.. i didnt know if he would be back in action soon, or if he would ever be the same..

i was never a big mcgahee fan.

i did like henry alot though, which was one reason i disliked mcgahee.

G. Host
07-19-2007, 03:50 PM

:up:

He seems like the anti-Willis. Lets hope he has the talent of Thurman early in his career and maturity of Thurman late in his career.

TigerJ
07-19-2007, 04:01 PM
I didn't mind the pick, but I've steadily warmed to it. He's not blazing fast,(my term for someone with sub 4.4 speed) but he's got enough speed to get separation from people, plus he's extremely slippery with a knack for making people miss and looking silly when they do. He's also big enough to hold up to the physical demands of being a three down back if the Bills want him to take that role. I think he has something of Chad Johnson's personality, fun and impulsive, but dedicated to the game and to his teammates. It's all good, man.

Calmatteye
07-19-2007, 06:33 PM
Check this interview out.

http://www.wkbw.com/sports/8496112.html

I can't wait to see him dragging defenders around all over the field. You guys (unless you watched a lot of Cal football) don't know how lucky you are to have Marshawn. He is harder to tackle than Advanced Calculus.

codabills
07-19-2007, 07:01 PM
Here are a couple of my observations of Lynch for what is worth.

He is actually pretty smart. I read a interview were his Cal coaches stated Lynch can read something once and understand it completely. In football terms that bodes well with the play book.

Seen him on the NFL network in pads a the guy looked like a beast. His legs look like tree trunks. It looks like Lynch has a lot of lower leg power and a smaller center a gravity.

PECKERWOOD
07-19-2007, 07:11 PM
Check this interview out.

http://www.wkbw.com/sports/8496112.html

I can't wait to see him dragging defenders around all over the field. You guys (unless you watched a lot of Cal football) don't know how lucky you are to have Marshawn. He is harder to tackle than Advanced Calculus.

Haha, Lynch is pimp!

YardRat
07-19-2007, 08:22 PM
The kid is definitely giving Bill's fans something to look forward to this season.

Goobylal
07-19-2007, 09:57 PM
The Bills have some real potential on offense, what with guys like JP, Lee, Marshawn, and Peters. Lee and Peters are virtually Pro Bowl talents, and JP and Marshawn can get there.

Mad Bomber
07-20-2007, 07:20 AM
Quote:
<table border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2" style="border: 1px inset ;"> Originally Posted by duhbilz
</td> </tr> </tbody></table>
<!-- END TEMPLATE: bbcode_quote -->

i was very leary of the pick.. i was pissed because i liked henry alot.. i didnt know if he would be back in action soon, or if he would ever be the same..

i was never a big mcgahee fan.

i did like henry alot though, which was one reason i disliked mcgahee.

I was also pissed at that pick. I thought we should have taken Dallas Clark (who went to the Colts with the very next pick). We had a good running back, and we wouldn't be in our current sad state of affairs at TE if we had taken Clark.

DraftBoy
07-20-2007, 11:20 AM
I didnt like this pick when it was made and I have a feeling about the kid in the oppositte end of the spectrum. I dont think he'll ever be the elite back that some here have pegged him to be just because he's now a Buffalo Bill. That being said however I will still be rooting for him every Sunday and hoping he proves me wrong.

gr8slayer
07-20-2007, 11:22 AM
I didnt like this pick when it was made and I have a feeling about the kid in the oppositte end of the spectrum. I dont think he'll ever be the elite back that some here have pegged him to be just because he's now a Buffalo Bill. That being said however I will still be rooting for him every Sunday and hoping he proves me wrong.
I pegged him as an elite back before he became a Bill :mad:

ublinkwescore
07-20-2007, 11:34 AM
I heard Marshawn Lynch once had sex with like 12 chicks in a freightliner - this Freightliner later became known as Optimus Prime.

CJW
07-20-2007, 12:10 PM
have you ever just really really had a feeling about a player.. your gut tells you that the guy is going to be a great player..Lee Evans

BillsPride12
07-20-2007, 09:14 PM
<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 2039323" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 align=middle width=125>CJW</TD><TD class=alt2><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: bbcode_quote -->Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by Tatonka
have you ever just really really had a feeling about a player.. your gut tells you that the guy is going to be a great player..
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<!-- END TEMPLATE: bbcode_quote -->Lee Evans</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

...Jason Peters