PDA

View Full Version : Potentially More legal Troubles for Vick

Mitchy moo
07-19-2007, 09:08 AM
A day after a federal indictment of Michael Vick (http://fantasyfootball.usatoday.com/content/player.asp?sport=NFL&id=2107), Surry County, Va., Sheriff Harold Brown and Commonwealth Attorney Gerald Poindexter said they are continuing their investigation and could present evidence at a Surry County Grand Jury on July 24.
"We are not surprised that Vick and his three associates were indicted," Brown and Poindexter said in a joint statement.
"All four of the defendants named in the indictment are names of persons familiar to us as a result of our investigation, the results of which have been shared from the beginning with Federal authorities.
"It should be noted that the Federal interests and the State's interests are different, even though resting upon similar and sometimes the very same facts.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/falcons/2007-07-18-vick-local-charges_N.htm

Mitchy moo
07-19-2007, 09:11 AM
I wasn't really thinking about it but state and federal charges are 2 completely different things. If they try him on the state level he may incur additional jail time, which if it's cut and dry obvious he is done.

I'll call it now, this guy is out of the league by the end of this 2007.

Saratoga Slim
07-19-2007, 12:22 PM
I wasn't really thinking about it but state and federal charges are 2 completely different things. If they try him on the state level he may incur additional jail time, which if it's cut and dry obvious he is done.

I'll call it now, this guy is out of the league by the end of this 2007.

i'd be very suprised if there's a trial on either federal or state charges before spring or summer of 2008. if he's out of the league by the end of 2007 it'll be because of suspension.

Mitchy moo
07-19-2007, 12:48 PM
i'd be very suprised if there's a trial on either federal or state charges before spring or summer of 2008. if he's out of the league by the end of 2007 it'll be because of suspension.

VA = Rocket docket, that's their nickname.