• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

Vick reportedly contrite; sources say NFL to let him play for now

Vick apologize's so I guess everything is OK?? Not.

some of the most critical dialogue of all might have been between Vick and the man who could ultimately determine his future with the team.

Several league sources told ESPN.com on Wednesday night that Vick spoke by phone with Falcons owner Arthur Blank earlier in the day. The call was initiated by Vick, who Tuesday was indicted by federal authorities on charges related to an illegal dogfighting ring.

None of the sources knew or would divulge the exact wording of what is said to have been a fairly brief conversation. But Vick, who was said by one associate to have been "devastated" by the indictment, is believed to have been contrite, apologized for the distractions the case has created, and thanked Blank for his support.

Michael Vick is said to be "devastated" by his indictment by the federal government and apologized to Falcons owner Arthur Blank for the distractions his case has created.
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

Re: Vick reportedly contrite; sources say NFL to let him play for now

Does this make any sense to you, expect the fact that less big-ticket names that we're speeding and being charged with things we're suspended but Vick's actions are deemed OK for him to play?? Can you say double standards?

The Associated Press reported that after consulting with the Falcons, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell and top league officials agreed Wednesday to let Vick play as the legal process determines the facts.

Comment

• TigerJ
      • Jul 2002

I'm humbled and deeply sorry. I apologize to fans of the Atlanta Falcons and the American people that I got caught.
      I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• M
        • Aug 2006

He's only contrite because he got caught. What an A$$.
        Let's Go Bills ... B B B B B B Bills!

Comment

• Jan Reimers
          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
          • May 2003

Vick's apology neither exonerates him nor makes his actions any less despicable. Perhaps God will forgive him, but Goodell should not.
          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• M
            • Aug 2006

A person with knowledge of the meeting, who requested anonymity so the case would not be influenced, said the NFL would stick to that position for the foreseeable future, despite its new personal conduct policy, the AP reported.

Michael Vick is said to be "devastated" by his indictment by the federal government and apologized to Falcons owner Arthur Blank for the distractions his case has created.

Let's Go Bills ... B B B B B B Bills!

Comment

• Mad Bomber
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TigerJ
              I'm humbled and deeply sorry. I apologize to fans of the Atlanta Falcons and the American people that I got caught.
              EXACTLY what I was thinking.

Comment

• bflojohn
                • Aug 2005

This is the tip of the iceberg in the respect that sponcers are going to be the driving force behind Michael Vick's year! When the firestorm of protests occur, (YES, it will be scorcing!!) the people who prop up the NFL will demand a pound of flesh here!! Many groups will chime in and selling tires, cars, deodorant and the such will take on a different face in this particular case. I think the NFL will be FORCED to deal with MV harshly, as a result!! In my mind, you can bank on it.....

Comment

• Michael82
                  • Jul 2002

Well I was right. Goodell just proved to me that he has no balls and his policy is a joke!

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                    Zero for Zero!
                    • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Mikey82
                    Well I was right. Goodell just proved to me that he has no balls and his policy is a joke!

Calm down Mikey.

Remember the Duke rape case? Remember the problems created by over zealousness?
                    Originally posted by mysticsoto
                    Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                      Zero for Zero!
                      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Skooby
                      Does this make any sense to you, expect the fact that less big-ticket names that we're speeding and being charged with things we're suspended but Vick's actions are deemed OK for him to play?? Can you say double standards?

The Associated Press reported that after consulting with the Falcons, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell and top league officials agreed Wednesday to let Vick play as the legal process determines the facts.
                      The big difference is that Tank and Pacman each had doubel digit arrests/incidents.
                      Originally posted by mysticsoto
                      Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

Working...
                      X