PDA

View Full Version : Vick reportedly contrite; sources say NFL to let him play for now

Mitchy moo
07-19-2007, 09:19 AM
Vick apologize's so I guess everything is OK?? Not.

some of the most critical dialogue of all might have been between Vick and the man who could ultimately determine his future with the team.

Several league sources told ESPN.com on Wednesday night that Vick spoke by phone with Falcons owner Arthur Blank earlier in the day. The call was initiated by Vick, who Tuesday was indicted by federal authorities on charges related to an illegal dogfighting ring.

None of the sources knew or would divulge the exact wording of what is said to have been a fairly brief conversation. But Vick, who was said by one associate to have been "devastated" by the indictment, is believed to have been contrite, apologized for the distractions the case has created, and thanked Blank for his support.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2941739

Mitchy moo
07-19-2007, 09:23 AM
Does this make any sense to you, expect the fact that less big-ticket names that we're speeding and being charged with things we're suspended but Vick's actions are deemed OK for him to play?? Can you say double standards?

The Associated Press reported that after consulting with the Falcons, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell and top league officials agreed Wednesday to let Vick play as the legal process determines the facts.

TigerJ
07-19-2007, 09:40 AM
I'm humbled and deeply sorry. I apologize to fans of the Atlanta Falcons and the American people that I got caught.

M
07-19-2007, 10:00 AM
:wtf:

He's only contrite because he got caught. What an A$$.

Jan Reimers
07-19-2007, 10:07 AM
Vick's apology neither exonerates him nor makes his actions any less despicable. Perhaps God will forgive him, but Goodell should not.

M
07-19-2007, 10:14 AM
A person with knowledge of the meeting, who requested anonymity so the case would not be influenced, said the NFL would stick to that position for the foreseeable future, despite its new personal conduct policy, the AP reported.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2941739

:bs:

Mad Bomber
07-19-2007, 01:13 PM
I'm humbled and deeply sorry. I apologize to fans of the Atlanta Falcons and the American people that I got caught.
EXACTLY what I was thinking.

bflojohn
07-19-2007, 01:44 PM
This is the tip of the iceberg in the respect that sponcers are going to be the driving force behind Michael Vick's year! When the firestorm of protests occur, (YES, it will be scorcing!!) the people who prop up the NFL will demand a pound of flesh here!! Many groups will chime in and selling tires, cars, deodorant and the such will take on a different face in this particular case. I think the NFL will be FORCED to deal with MV harshly, as a result!! In my mind, you can bank on it.....

Michael82
07-19-2007, 01:46 PM
Well I was right. Goodell just proved to me that he has no balls and his policy is a joke! :ill:

Dr. Lecter
07-19-2007, 01:49 PM
Well I was right. Goodell just proved to me that he has no balls and his policy is a joke! :ill:

Calm down Mikey.

Remember the Duke rape case? Remember the problems created by over zealousness?

Dr. Lecter
07-19-2007, 01:50 PM
Does this make any sense to you, expect the fact that less big-ticket names that we're speeding and being charged with things we're suspended but Vick's actions are deemed OK for him to play?? Can you say double standards?

The Associated Press reported that after consulting with the Falcons, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell and top league officials agreed Wednesday to let Vick play as the legal process determines the facts.

The big difference is that Tank and Pacman each had doubel digit arrests/incidents.