PDA

View Full Version : Reminder For Sunday Ticket Subscribers

gr8slayer
07-19-2007, 09:59 AM
If you want to watch the games in HD you HAVE TO HAVE Super Fan as well .

eyedog
07-19-2007, 10:28 AM
Really ?

Do I also need a different box ? I still have the same box from 7-8 years ago.

gr8slayer
07-19-2007, 10:30 AM
Really ?

Do I also need a different box ? I still have the same box from 7-8 years ago.
I think it depends on the dish not the box, you have an HD receiver from 7 years ago?

NorthCarBills
07-19-2007, 10:37 AM
I learned that lesson last year when I got my first HD TV late into the season....they charged me half price for the Superfan but it's not cheap. But oh man it looks incredible when on. I just wish they would air more Bills games on the HD week to week. It's not always for sure.

You'll probably need the following to get max benefit:

DIRECTV HD receiver— model HR20 or H20
5-LNB satellite dish
B-Band Converter modulehttp://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/global/contentPage.jsp?assetId=900036

eyedog
07-19-2007, 11:00 AM
I have the same dish and receiver from my initial signup.

I think I better give them a call.

JJamezz
07-19-2007, 12:22 PM
I learned that lesson last year when I got my first HD TV late into the season....they charged me half price for the Superfan but it's not cheap. But oh man it looks incredible when on. I just wish they would air more Bills games on the HD week to week. It's not always for sure.

You'll probably need the following to get max benefit:

DIRECTV HD receiver— model HR20 or H20
5-LNB satellite dish
B-Band Converter modulehttp://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/global/contentPage.jsp?assetId=900036

I don't think you need that equipment, but its probably the best way to go (albeit expensive). It will have you ready for when they start transitioning over from mpeg-2 to mpeg-4.

While I haven't yet been able to justify the extra money for SuperFan, for what has amounted to 4-5 Bills games in HD per season, I did end up buying the equipment - mainly so I can get the major networks 'over the air' in HD.

I bought a triple lnb, a switch, and a Samsung Directv HD receiver on ebay, for about a total of $50. I don't have any DTV programming besides Sunday Ticket though (which they don't allow new customers to even do anymore), so I didn't want to invest too much $$$ into it.