PDA

View Full Version : Peters/Dockery

Marshawn=TD's
07-19-2007, 01:38 PM
A few years ago it was Jones/Hutchinson far away the best guard/tackle duo. Hutch is now in Minnesota. I can't think of a clear cut winner now. Honestly, this year, do you expect Peters/Dockery to be at the top?

PECKERWOOD
07-19-2007, 01:45 PM
I think it's way too early to tell but it sure does look pretty good on paper and at the very minimum our OL will be upgraded from last years line up.

TacklingDummy
07-19-2007, 01:52 PM
No. Because of chemistry

Jones/Hutchinson played together for 5 years. Jones is a 7 time Pro-Bowler and Hutchinson 3 times.

Peters/Dockery haven't played a down yet together. And neither have made a Pro-Bowl.

Maybe in the future Dockery/Peters will become like Jones/Hucthinson. But not this year.

Wys Guy
07-20-2007, 07:36 AM
No. Because of chemistry

Jones/Hutchinson played together for 5 years. Jones is a 7 time Pro-Bowler and Hutchinson 3 times.

Peters/Dockery haven't played a down yet together. And neither have made a Pro-Bowl.

Maybe in the future Dockery/Peters will become like Jones/Hucthinson. But not this year.

Good point Dummy, but consider too the garbage that Peters has been lined up next to in recent seasons. While I agree that it won't be a Pro Bowl tandem right from the get-go, there should be a noticeable improvement immmediately and they should have at least a very noted improvement in the chemistry between them by midseason.

The problem for Lynch will be after he hits the hole. Dockery is not at all noted for second level blocking. Should be very interesting to see Lynch this year. The opinions are so varied on him that it will make him one of the more intriguing draftees.

gr8slayer
07-20-2007, 08:26 AM
No. Because of chemistry

Pro Bowls are just as over rated as QB ratings.

Wys Guy
07-20-2007, 08:39 AM
Pro Bowls are just as over rated as QB ratings.
Agreed, they are somewhat overrated, but the fact remains that schleps don't make Pro Bowls.

Hall of Fame inductions can be overrated too given the seemingly myteriously delineated criteria, yet most of those in it deserve to be there. Ditto for the Pro Bowl.

IMO they ought to simply do away with it. The players should also have a huge say in who gets the nod there. They know best.

gr8slayer
07-20-2007, 08:49 AM
Agreed, they are somewhat overrated, but the fact remains that schleps don't make Pro Bowls.

Hall of Fame inductions can be overrated too given the seemingly myteriously delineated criteria, yet most of those in it deserve to be there. Ditto for the Pro Bowl.

IMO they ought to simply do away with it. The players should also have a huge say in who gets the nod there. They know best.
I agree, the fans and media are far too biased.

Meathead
07-20-2007, 09:02 AM
peters blocks down while dockery pulls ...

http://bermangraphics.com/coolpix/4500/4500images/5005700-DSCN5122.jpg