Watch out for the fake Bills Jerseys on Ebay...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BuffaloRanger
    WORK HARD. PLAY HARD. LIVE HARD.
    • Mar 2003

Watch out for the fake Bills Jerseys on Ebay...

So there I was, no sh1t, checking out Ebay yesterday for Bills jerseys. There were some nice looking (at first) Lynch, Whitner, and Poz "Throwback" or Alternate" jerseys for sale for under $25 - some as low as $10. Stitched and everything. They looked authentic (not replithentic). Another $25 in shipping was due because most of these were being shipped from Shanghai, China.

Upon further review, and after comparison with the Bills NFL shop the differences were obvious. The red and white rings on the sleeves do not go fully around. They stop under the arms. The numbers are too small also. I'm sure I'll see these at the Ralph this year and I'm sure fans will be surprised when I tell them I know they got there jersey from Ebay.

Some other Ebay users have obviously bought them too, and have turned around and put them up for $60+, to turn a bit of a profit . They fold the sleeves down in front of the jersey to hid the fact that the rings stop under the arms.

Now I'm not being a snob here. If you want a jersey that looks "close enough" by all means, buy away. But I'd rather have a real replica then an "authentic" chinese version that's not quite right.

Unfortunately, it's very difficult to find any jerseys on ebay that don't have these issues - even in the home and away jerseys.

So buyer beware. That is all.
    Buffalo Only and Always.
  • LtFinFan66
    • Mar 2005

Re: Watch out for the fake Bills Jerseys on Ebay...

I have some bought in Korea(via Ebay). They are GREAT jerseys fake or not for a great price. Perfect for those who don't want to drop $200 but still get a great jersey

Comment

• Michael82
      • Jul 2002

The jerseys that you are talking about, BuffaloRanger remind me of the jerseys that you can get from a military personnel in Korea.

Comment

• LtFinFan66
        • Mar 2005

DUH!! See my post Mikey

Comment

• lordofgun
          in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
          • Jul 2002

I wouldn't be caught dead in a Bills jersey - fake or real.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• LtFinFan66
            • Mar 2005

Comment

• BAM
              • Sep 2003

Close enough for me! I have two of those now. Unfortunately, one is a McGahee jersey.

Comment

• DaBillzAhDaShiznit
                • May 2004

So let me get this straight. You would rather pay $200 for an authentic Jersey just to be authentic (newsflash...the Bills aren't going to call you into action during the game), when there is a good chance that player will be gone in 2-3 years?
                I don't buy jerseys period, because I am not a woman whom happens to be dating the player whose jersey I bought. I have never seen the point.
                "Show me a good loser and I will show you an idiot"
                --Leo Durocher

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BuffaloRanger
                  So there I was, no sh1t, checking out Ebay yesterday for Bills jerseys. There were some nice looking (at first) Lynch, Whitner, and Poz "Throwback" or Alternate" jerseys for sale for under $25 - some as low as $10. Stitched and everything. They looked authentic (not replithentic). Another $25 in shipping was due because most of these were being shipped from Shanghai, China.

Upon further review, and after comparison with the Bills NFL shop the differences were obvious. The red and white rings on the sleeves do not go fully around. They stop under the arms. The numbers are too small also. I'm sure I'll see these at the Ralph this year and I'm sure fans will be surprised when I tell them I know they got there jersey from Ebay.

Some other Ebay users have obviously bought them too, and have turned around and put them up for $60+, to turn a bit of a profit . They fold the sleeves down in front of the jersey to hid the fact that the rings stop under the arms.

Now I'm not being a snob here. If you want a jersey that looks "close enough" by all means, buy away. But I'd rather have a real replica then an "authentic" chinese version that's not quite right.

Unfortunately, it's very difficult to find any jerseys on ebay that don't have these issues - even in the home and away jerseys.

So buyer beware. That is all.
                  I would be happy to pay 10 bucks for a Jersey that no one else would know the difference than 60 to 100 for a real one that looks exactly the same. WHO CARES?

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
                    • Jul 2002

You get what you pay for.

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                      • May 2003

My brother brought some Sabres jerseys from Korea a few years ago and they were like $10. They were pretty nice jerseys.

Comment

• Carlton Bailey

I have a Whitner throwback that I bought on eBay, made in Korea. It looks 100 percent authentic, except it doesn't have the long tail in the back. I'd much rather pay $30 for that than $75 for a lame screen-printed replica.

Comment

• Michael82
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
                          My brother brought some Sabres jerseys from Korea a few years ago and they were like $10. They were pretty nice jerseys.
                          yeah, I've seen some from there too. Very nice!

Speaking of which...does anyone here know anyone in korea right now? I could use another Sabres jersey and a Yankees jersey.

Comment

• G. Host
                            Banned
                            • Jul 2002

From what I understand those are genuine jerseys just those for sale in foreign countries. They are not "fake" but are different so that they can be distinguished from those made for sale in US in shops.

Whether they are 'genuine" or not depends on your point of view.

Comment

• Meathead
                              Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                              • Jul 2002

so youre saying theyre genuine replicas
                              One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

Working...
                              X