PDA

View Full Version : Will Peters Make The Pro Bowl?

justasportsfan
07-19-2007, 03:28 PM
It was the Monday before Buffalo's season finale with Baltimore to put a wrap on the Bills' 2006 season, and Ravens defensive coordinator Rex Ryan's mouth was hanging open.

Watching film of Buffalo's offensive line in preparation for the final Sunday game of the regular season Ryan had his eyes locked on number 71. Baltimore's defensive tactician didn't know who he was looking at, but he aimed to find out quick.

"I never knew him from anybody," said Ryan of Bills offensive tackle Jason Peters. "But I was watching the tape and I was like, 'Whoa who is this kid?' He really stood out."

http://buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=4930

cocamide
07-19-2007, 04:34 PM
If this doesn't make you feel good as a Bills fan then you need to get your head checked. I really hope we can lock him up long term. With him, JP, Lynch and Evans here for the long haul, we'll have quite a nucleus for our offense for a long time.

gr8slayer
07-19-2007, 04:38 PM
He should but he won't, no one on the national level even knows we exist no matter how good/bad we are.

B-DON
07-19-2007, 04:57 PM
i just got into a huge fight over peters cuz none of my friends know who he is. He better make the pro bowl this year. Tired of BSPN deciding who we should and shouldnt think is going to be good this year. Some people only watch BSPN and it sucks arguing with these chumps cuz that is all they know.

Stewie
07-19-2007, 05:30 PM
Guys like Jason Peters only serve to remind me what a crapshoot scouting and drafting really is.

Ed
07-19-2007, 05:41 PM
Forget the media and the fans. I think praise from an opposing coach is the best kind you can get. For Rex Ryan to speak so highly of Peters says a lot. It's not like Peters is a friend or he has anything invested in the guy. Hell, he didn't even know who he was before the last week of the season. The guy obviously knows football too.

Trying to get Peters locked up next year long term has to be a priority.

Devin
07-19-2007, 05:42 PM
I guess people are forgetting Peters signed like a 5 year extension a year ago I believe it was.

PECKERWOOD
07-19-2007, 06:45 PM
Forget the media and the fans. I think praise from an opposing coach is the best kind you can get. For Rex Ryan to speak so highly of Peters says a lot. It's not like Peters is a friend or he has anything invested in the guy. Hell, he didn't even know who he was before the last week of the season. The guy obviously knows football too.

Trying to get Peters locked up next year long term has to be a priority.

Well spoken, Ed.

Goobylal
07-19-2007, 09:51 PM
I guess people are forgetting Peters signed like a 5 year extension a year ago I believe it was.
Maybe he meant locking him up for the next decade?

!Papacrunk!
07-19-2007, 10:14 PM
this reminds me, when does The Simpsons movie come out

j/k

Stewie
07-19-2007, 10:22 PM
Maybe he meant locking him up for the next decade?

No such thing as a decade long contract in reality. Any contract signed for that period of time would be far too expensive for the team or too undervalued for the player after 4 or 5 years. Those 10 year deals Peyton and Vick others got are just selling points for their agents.

PECKERWOOD
07-19-2007, 11:22 PM
this reminds me, when does The Simpsons movie come out

j/k

NO! He isn't Spider Pig anymore he is Harry Pot Belly!

BillsFever21
07-20-2007, 02:07 AM
Rex is saying to Jason "After your contract is up we don't use cash to cap. We will show you the money"

That would be right about the time that Ogden would be retiring.

ublinkwescore
07-20-2007, 02:44 AM

I didn't forget - I was reminding people of this not too long ago in another thread.

I guess no one pays attention to me outside of Sab and TD.

Bulldog
07-20-2007, 07:37 AM
Rex is saying to Jason "After your contract is up we don't use cash to cap. We will show you the money"

That would be right about the time that Ogden would be retiring.

Ogden will be long retired by then. They had to plead with him to return for this season. And Baltimore just drafted the kid from Maryland in the supplemental draft to replace Ogden when he does retire. Peters will be a Bill for a long time.

Wys Guy
07-20-2007, 08:08 AM
He should but he won't, no one on the national level even knows we exist no matter how good/bad we are.

He might. I agree that he just doesn't get the exposure and that the woes of the rest of our team don't help him b/c we don't win, but he's getting much better known, even amongst analysts.

Pat Williams was one of the better overall DTs in the league for several years and never even got so much as a mention early on when he started. But Peters is getting more mentions and is at least being acknowledged by opposing DL-men.

There are also some very good LTs in the AFC to contend with.