PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo's MLB team?

Billscusey
07-19-2007, 04:26 PM
This post may be a little off topic, but which MLB team does Buffalo most closely associate with? Up here in Canada (Southern Ontario especially) we are connected to the Jays (like it or not), but there are those in western Canada who also call the Mariners their team. I just wondered where most of Buffalo's hearts are? With the Yankees because of the whole New York State thing, or possibly Cleveland because of the Bisons connection, or some other team?

gr8slayer
07-19-2007, 04:28 PM
Though I don't follow baseball AT ALL I would assume that Buffalonians follow the Yankees.

TheGhostofJimKelly
07-19-2007, 04:38 PM
I find that there is a mixture of Red Sox, Yankee, Indian, Pirate, and Mets fans. It is then littered with different teams here and there.

TigerJ
07-19-2007, 05:43 PM
The Bisons are affiliaqtes of the Cleveland Indians and have been for a number of years. I would say it is somewhat split between the Bluejays, Yankees and Indians. The Pirates have been mired in mediocrity too long to have too much of a following.

PECKERWOOD
07-19-2007, 06:41 PM
I can't speak for everyone but me and my father are both Bills fans yet I root for the Yankees and he roots for the Red Sox.

TheGhostofJimKelly
07-20-2007, 07:37 AM
The Bisons are affiliaqtes of the Cleveland Indians and have been for a number of years. I would say it is somewhat split between the Bluejays, Yankees and Indians. The Pirates have been mired in mediocrity too long to have too much of a following.

Of all the people I know, I do not know one person around here that is a Blue Jay fan.

blotsfan
07-20-2007, 07:46 AM
Buffalo is a pretty big MLBless market so a ton of teams try to make it their own. I think right now we are the home market of both NY teams, the Pirates, the Indians and the Blue Jays.

Pinkerton Security
07-20-2007, 07:46 AM
Arent the rochester red wings a farm team for the Twins?? My cousin attends lots of their games and saw Francisco Liriano pitch and he had like 16 K's. He is kindof a Twins fan bc he watches them a lot.

DraftBoy
07-20-2007, 02:51 PM
There is a small contingent of Braves fans up there too, but then again that is like everywhere since TBS shows mostly Braves games.

hydro
07-20-2007, 03:47 PM
Me and my brother are set on the Indians. I enjoy seeing potential Indians players playing for the Bisons for cheap.

SquishDaFish
07-20-2007, 04:01 PM
Yankees SUCK

Historian
07-21-2007, 08:45 AM
God's Team:

The New York Yankees!

PECKERWOOD
07-21-2007, 01:06 PM
I notice alot of Red Sox fans in Buffalo as well. Many people in Buffalo became Red Sox fans to rival God's team: the Yankees. =)