PDA

View Full Version : DANIEL PAILLE AGREES TO QUALIFYING OFFER

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
07-19-2007, 05:33 PM
Buffalo Sabres General Manager Darcy Regier announced Thursday forward Daniel Paille has agreed to his qualifying offer set forth by the team.

Paille, the 6-1, 197-pound native of Welland, Ontario, appeared in 29 games last season with the Sabres, collecting 11 points (3+8). The most productive game for the 23-year-old last year was his two-goal performance against the Boston Bruins on January 17. Paille missed 15 regular season games after suffering a broken finger on February 20 against the Philadelphia Flyers.

http://sabres.nhl.com/team/app/?service=page&page=NewsPage&articleid=334786

So we will have a Daniel in Buffalo this yr. now get Roy and Paetsch locked up. According to the Buffalo News it's a one-year deal for $585,200

G Wolly
07-19-2007, 10:13 PM
Woo way to go get em boys. 1 year is the best they could do?

Ebenezer
07-19-2007, 11:39 PM
:rolleyes:

All teams are required to put one year qualifying offers on players who are RFA. The player has the option to accept it. The Sabres are still free to negotiate a real contract with him. They haven't done anything wrong in this case.

clumping platelets
07-19-2007, 11:58 PM
Actually, I'm not sure that's correct. Sabres may have to wait until after the season to negotiate a long term deal after a player accepts a qualifying offer.

SabreEleven
07-20-2007, 12:57 AM

All teams are required to put one year qualifying offers on players who are RFA. The player has the option to accept it. The Sabres are still free to negotiate a real contract with him. They haven't done anything wrong in this case.

YET

Ebenezer
07-20-2007, 01:00 AM
Actually, I'm not sure that's correct. Sabres may have to wait until after the season to negotiate a long term deal after a player accepts a qualifying offer.
I thought that was part of the Jan. 1 first thing? :idunno:

clumping platelets
07-20-2007, 01:36 AM
For arbitration awards, yes.........not sure about acception of qualifying offers

TheGhostofJimKelly
07-20-2007, 07:30 AM
I believe that you can negotiate at any time for a qualifying award. It is only an arbitration award where you are limited to what you can do.

TheGhostofJimKelly
07-20-2007, 07:32 AM

I'm just wondering, but are we all going to have to complain about every deal this FO makes from now on (not that they made this deal, it is a qualifying offer so they don't lose the player by league rules)?

THATHURMANATOR
07-20-2007, 09:48 AM

:shakeno: What is with these guys?

THATHURMANATOR
07-20-2007, 09:49 AM
I'm just wondering, but are we all going to have to complain about every deal this FO makes from now on (not that they made this deal, it is a qualifying offer so they don't lose the player by league rules)?
I am pretty sure that is what is going to happen.