PDA

View Full Version : So heres my take on contracts for Lynch and Puz

X-Era
07-20-2007, 05:41 AM
I think Puz is signed before camp but Lynch takes until the next week. I hope Im wrong.

Why?

I think Pitt's deal with Lawrence Timmons is very close, next few days. I think Jon Beason signs after Puz even. The Timmons deal is going to end up being very close to what Puz can ask for, the market is set at that point, we will then sign him mid next week.

Lynch however has to wait until Adrian Peterson and/or Chris Henry or Kenny Irons is signed. So far theres no real contract parameters set.

Come on Marv GET-ER-DID!

TheGhostofJimKelly
07-20-2007, 07:36 AM
Lynch will sign right after Okoye and Willis sign.

Wys Guy
07-20-2007, 08:19 AM
I'm very nervous right now. One week remaining and so few players, from all teams, have been signed.

Seems much slower this year than last. Lynch cannot really afford to miss a week given the expectations for him.

jmb1099
07-20-2007, 10:25 AM
I'm very nervous right now. One week remaining and so few players, from all teams, have been signed.

Seems much slower this year than last. Lynch cannot really afford to miss a week given the expectations for him.
It does some a bit strange, should be an exciting next few days.

Saratoga Slim
07-20-2007, 11:50 AM

i agree. you hate to ever see rookies missing camp, and here we need Lynch to be able to offer some production from game 1.

Michael82
07-20-2007, 12:13 PM
I still can't believe we only have 2 freaking picks signed with 6 days left. We usually have more than that.... :ill:

BillsFever21
07-21-2007, 08:41 PM
I hope Puz isn't going to get close to the same money as Timmons. Timmons was a middle first round pick and Puz wasn't drafted until the 2nd round. Timmons' signing won't have much to do with Puz at all. Once some players towards the end of the first get signed Puz should have his parameters set.

It's pretty sad the Drew Rosenhaus has the only player from the first round signed. Them other players towards the end of the first/early 2nd round should be signed by now. Chicago's TE was at the end of the 1st round. 2nd round players doesn't get a ton of money. Once the other one went off the board them ones should've been signed right behind him.

These contracts could be done right now in the NFL. Chicago had all of their picks signed in no time and we only have 2 picks signed and the rest of the NFL still has a ton more to go. Chicago proves that it can be done. There is going to be a ton of holdouts all around the NFL this year.

The NBA doesn't have this problem. Their draft picks have basically a set limit that they are going to get going into the draft and that is what they get. With the NFL being the biggest sport in the USA right now there shouldn't be any reason for all of these rookies still unsigned.

The NFL is about the only sport too where the most of the players make mega millions before ever proving themselves on an NFL field.

In MLB and the NHL your higher draft picks gets a few million dollar bonus at the most and have to make their way up through the minor leagues before they ever see the big show and see another dime. In the NBA even your guys like Greg Oden and Kevin Durant doesn't get half of the money that the NFL players do with their rookie contracts.

The NFL needs to do something because this is not good for the game that most of these guys will be multi millionaires without proving anything on an NFL field and teams still can't get them signed before training camp starts. Every season it takes longer and longer for players to start signing and there are more and more holduts into training camp.

I mean what is the holdup for most of these contracts. Each year the players get a little more. And as far as the 2nd round picks go they will only see about 5-7 million total. Not even to mention the 3rd through 7th round picks. They don't get squat compared to NFL standards and there are still hardly any of them signed.

Carlton Bailey
07-22-2007, 12:26 AM
Who the hell is "Puz"?

Michael82
07-22-2007, 12:47 AM
Who the hell is "Puz"?
:bf1:

X-Era
07-22-2007, 06:14 AM
:bf1:

Pos....Lusz = Puz

You know that already. Sounds a helluva lot better than Pos or P.O.S., Puss really stinks.

Puz works and sounds decent.

YardRat
07-22-2007, 07:36 AM
I think both Lynch and Poz will be in camp when it starts, or only a day or two after, and neither will miss much time. Unless I'm mis-reading their comments, they both really want to be here and feel they can contribute right away.

gr8slayer
07-22-2007, 08:47 AM
Pos....Lusz = Puz

You know that already. Sounds a helluva lot better than Pos or P.O.S., Puss really stinks.

Puz works and sounds decent.
How about we just call him by his real name? Posluszny.