PDA

View Full Version : Levy is doing it right

Pinkerton Security
07-20-2007, 09:05 AM
When the Buffalo Bills hired Marv Levy to be their general manager in January 2006, one of the major things he stressed was the importance of each player on his team having character. In order to truly be respected by fans, the on-field performers need to be good people off the field.

"Ability without character will lose," Levy, a Hall of Fame head coach, said.

(http://bills.realfootball365.com/)http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/articles/2007/07/post_4.html

Nice to hear about him not "caving in" and signing and/or drafting bad people, though it does seem sort of corny. I am glad he goes after good guys, can you imagine being the Bengals and having all of those players being arrested and suspended? I am sure we'd be pissed, I know I would be. One thing is for sure, Marv has his "Marv kinda guys", and whether or not they will lead us to success remains to be seen. However, I am happy with the way he is leading us.

OpIv37
07-20-2007, 09:06 AM
character without ability will lose too. Real life isn't the Mighty Ducks movie.

Jan Reimers
07-20-2007, 09:39 AM
Marv is doing it right from both a character and an ability standpoint. He is building a very good football team, on the field and off.

Some posters just need to give him a chance - he's only in his second year back.

OpIv37
07-20-2007, 09:42 AM
And some posters need to admit that he's made some mistakes and he doesn't get a pass because it's only his second year.

Dr. Lecter
07-20-2007, 09:44 AM
And some posters need to admit that he's made some mistakes and he doesn't get a pass because it's only his second year.

We all admit he has made some mistakes.

Howvere, not every single move has been horrible and some are actually unknown whether they are good or bad.

OpIv37
07-20-2007, 10:05 AM
We all admit he has made some mistakes.

Howvere, not every single move has been horrible and some are actually unknown whether they are good or bad.

that's true.

I just get frustrated how some people use the "it's his second year" excuse to deflect any and all criticism of Marv.

Pinkerton Security
07-20-2007, 10:08 AM
character without ability will lose too. Real life isn't the Mighty Ducks movie.

You're absolutely right. However, look at the talented Pacman, Chris Henry, Vick...wasted. I know he has made mistakes, I would never say that. You have to admit we have added some talented players, even though we have lost some.

jmb1099
07-20-2007, 10:24 AM
There does need to be a blend. There are plenty of talented players with decent character and the more of these guys we can add to the roster the better.
Marv doesn't get a pass because its his second year...a mistake is a mistake. However, he does appear to moving the team in a positive direction overall. I think its foolish to expect perfection, but not unreasonable to expect continued improvement.

HAMMER
07-20-2007, 11:33 AM
Newsflash Op, every single GM in every sports league makes mistakes.

ublinkwescore
07-20-2007, 11:37 AM

Point out some of these mistakes, will you Op?

Night Train
07-20-2007, 11:55 AM
I think the only real mistake in the last 18 months is not getting a bit more beef at DT, IMO. Marv can still correct that with a late move, prior to opening day.

I knew Clements would test FA and the Vets that are gone weren't big losses and not worth the big $$, relative to performance.

Jauron was a better hire than I thought he would be. I do like Fairchild as our OC. I do like these last 2 Drafts.

Our ability to stop the run will be the key this year to winning or losing 2-4 close games.

Go Bills !

OpIv37
07-20-2007, 12:35 PM
Point out some of these mistakes, will you Op?
For starters:

Huge contract to Chris Kelsay.
Getting NOTHING for Nate Clements.
The Darwin Walker trade.
Giving Price such a huge contract.
Giving Reed such a huge contact.
Robert Royal.
Spending so much attention on the DL with no results.
Matt Bowen
Tutan Reyes

Carlton Bailey
07-20-2007, 12:38 PM
For starters:

Huge contract to Chris Kelsay.
The Darwin Walker trade.
Giving Reed such a huge contact.
Robert Royal.
Spending so much attention on the DL with no results.
Matt Bowen
Tutan Reyes

Agreed, except for Royal.

Dr. Lecter
07-20-2007, 12:46 PM
Reed and Price were not huge contracts.

And the DL results are not known until McCargo plays and Williams has more than one season.

OpIv37
07-20-2007, 12:48 PM
Reed and Price were not huge contracts.

And the DL results are not known until McCargo plays and Williams has more than one season.

it's all relative.

You can't compare it to this year's huge contracts because they signed before last season. And given their contributions and their previous history, their contracts were way too big.

justasportsfan
07-20-2007, 12:58 PM
Although I'm not saying MArv is gonna be better that both Polian and BB , I'm not so quick to call him clueless or like some say is doing things the wrong way. You can't judge a GM after onlt one year. If so he's gonna have better success than both Polian and BB since they had a worse record than MArv.

justasportsfan
07-20-2007, 01:00 PM
Huge contract to Chris Kelsay. (ramains to be see)
The Darwin Walker trade.
Giving Reed such a huge contact. (remains to be seen)
Robert Royal. (remains to be seen)
Spending so much attention on the DL with no results. (remains to be seen)
Matt Bowen (same mistake everyt GM makes.)
Tutan Reyes (see Bowen)

OpIv37
07-20-2007, 01:06 PM

and every single GM should be held accountable for them.

justasportsfan
07-20-2007, 01:08 PM
and every single GM should be held accountable for them.

who says Marv isn't ?

OpIv37
07-20-2007, 01:08 PM
Huge contract to Chris Kelsay. (ramains to be see)
The Darwin Walker trade.
Giving Reed such a huge contact. (remains to be seen)
Robert Royal. (remains to be seen)
Spending so much attention on the DL with no results. (remains to be seen)
Matt Bowen (same mistake everyt GM makes.)
Tutan Reyes (see Bowen)

wtf is wrong with you people?

Why do you think mistakes don't count simply because someone else made the same one? That's horrible logic.

Kelsay, Reed and Royal did NOT start playing football last year. They played football last year the way they played football for their entire careers. It's not like it was hard to see that one coming.

justasportsfan
07-20-2007, 01:10 PM

Why do you think mistakes don't count simply because someone else made the same one? That's horrible logic.

Kelsay, Reed and Royal did NOT start playing football last year. They played football last year the way they played football for their entire careers. It's not like it was hard to see that one coming.
what is wrong with you, you are ready to throw Marv under the bus after doing what's a normal process that teven the greatest GM's make?

double standard , JP doesn't suck but Reed and Royal do when JP is the one throwing to them? Whatever. They all played in this system for the first time. Kelsay is playing better. Instead of giving it a chance, no YOU KNOW BETTER THAN MARV that Kelsay sucks. Whatever .

OpIv37
07-20-2007, 01:34 PM
what is wrong with you, you are ready to throw Marv under the bus after doing what's a normal process that teven the greatest GM's make?

double standard , JP doesn't suck but Reed and Royal do when JP is the one throwing to them? Whatever. They all played in this system for the first time. Kelsay is playing better. Instead of giving it a chance, no YOU KNOW BETTER THAN MARV that Kelsay sucks. Whatever .

First of all, I've been very critical of JP so I don't know why you keep saying that when it's NOT TRUE.

Second, I never said that I was willing to throw Marv under the bus. It's too early to judge his overall performance, but each decision can be taken on it's own merit and some of his decisions (the ones I already mentioned) were mistakes. Who cares if other people make the same mistakes? He still ****ed up -deal with it.

Why is it that you always bring up the "it's too early to judge" when someone criticizes Marv but you never say that when someone says that the team is headed in the right direction?

justasportsfan
07-20-2007, 01:36 PM
First of all, I've been very critical of JP so I don't know why you keep saying that when it's NOT TRUE.

Second, I never said that I was willing to throw Marv under the bus. It's too early to judge his overall performance, but each decision can be taken on it's own merit and some of his decisions (the ones I already mentioned) were mistakes. Who cares if other people make the same mistakes? He still ****ed up -deal with it.
you've been critical but you never say he sucks in the meantime the guys he's throwing to while he's struggling suck? Whatever.

You said Marv is not doing it right several times already. :rolleyes:

By saying he's made the same mistakes means he's made mistakes. I know my english sucks but at least I can understand that much.

OpIv37
07-20-2007, 01:37 PM
you've been critical but you never say he sucks in the meantime the guys he's throwing to while he's struggling suck? Whatever.

You said Marv is not doing it right several times already. :rolleyes:

the guys he's throwing to also sucked when other people were throwing to them. You always leave that part out.

Why is it that you always bring up the "it's too early to judge" when someone criticizes Marv but you never say that when someone says that the team is headed in the right direction?

justasportsfan
07-20-2007, 01:41 PM
the guys he's throwing to also sucked when other people were throwing to them. You always leave that part out.

who was throwing to them, please list the qb's that both the redskins and bills had.

Because I agree, even you said the team is headed the right direction. Their performance on the field showed that. :huh: It's not like people are saying we're going to the sb this year .

BTW, we're going to the sb this year. :up:

OpIv37
07-20-2007, 01:42 PM
I may have spoke too soon. Unlike you, I'm not afraid that I might be wrong from time to time. I guess we'll have to wait and see if I am.

OpIv37
07-20-2007, 01:44 PM
who was throwing to them, please list the qb's that both the redskins and bills had.

Because I agree, even you said the team is headed the right direction. Their performance on the field showed that. :huh: It's not like people are saying we're going to the sb this year .

BTW, we're going to the sb this year. :up:

Royal had Brunell and Ramsey. Ramsey sucks but certainly Brunell is established.

Reed had Bledsoe, Losman and Holcomb- Holcomb had a short arm which according to you should benefit Reed since he's the underneath check-down guy. And even Price did well under Bledsoe, so what's Reed's excuse?

justasportsfan
07-20-2007, 01:46 PM
I may have spoke too soon. Unlike you, I'm not afraid that I might be wrong from time to time. I guess we'll have to wait and see if I am.
what, flipflop. NO. I go what they did on the field. As the season went on they played better. You on the other hand go by what was done in the offseason even though there aren't any results yet

This simply means you think you know better about putting a team together than Marv. You already impled you know better than Fairchild and that every player here lies. Whatever.

Sorry if I'd rather wait and see for results on the field rather than TRUST YOU. :rolleyes:

OpIv37
07-20-2007, 01:49 PM
what, flipflop. NO. I go what they did on the field. As the season went on they played better. You on the other hand go by what was done in the offseason even though there aren't any results yet

This simply means you think you know better about putting a team together than Marv. You already impled you know better than Fairchild and that every player here lies. Whatever.

Sorry if I'd rather wait and see for results on the field rather than TRUST YOU. :rolleyes:

And you continue to assume that someone is competent just because they have a title in front of their name. Tom Donahoe, Mike Mularkey, Gregg Williams. You already admitted that Marv makes mistakes but then you say you trust where he's going with the team.

And there is a difference between flip flopping and being wrong. Oh wait, I forgot- you don't make distinctions.

justasportsfan
07-20-2007, 02:06 PM
Royal had Brunell and Ramsey. Ramsey sucks but certainly Brunell is established.

Reed had Bledsoe, Losman and Holcomb- Holcomb had a short arm which according to you should benefit Reed since he's the underneath check-down guy. And even Price did well under Bledsoe, so what's Reed's excuse?

Brunell was done.

Blesdoe was one of the worst short passing qb's. Ask Wys.

Holcomb, you gotta be kidding me. That is just stupid. No need for a response. that's stupid.

Btw, JP has had nothing but praises for Reed. I forget, JP is a LIar. :rolleyes:

I'm done for today with someone eho ythinks he knows it all. Anyone who thinks he knows bette than JP, Fairchild and Marv needs to have their head checked.

good day :up:

OpIv37
07-20-2007, 02:07 PM
Brunell was done.

Blesdoe was one of the worst short passing qb's. Ask Wys.

Holcomb, you gotta be kidding me. That is just stupid. No need for a response. that's stupid.

Btw, JP has had nothing but praises for Reed. I forget, JP is a LIar. :rolleyes:

I'm done for today with someone eho ythinks he knows it all. Anyone who thinks he knows bette than JP, Fairchild and Marv needs to have their head checked.

good day :up:

You'll see on the field.

justasportsfan
07-20-2007, 02:09 PM
And you continue to assume that someone is competent just because they have a title in front of their name. Tom Donahoe, Mike Mularkey, . Gregg Williams. .so I'm just suppose to trust you ,Okay

:roflmao:

You already admitted that Marv makes mistakes but then you say you trust where he's going with the team.. Oh my. BB makes mistakes too. How dare the pAts keep him. Polian mad a worse record than Marv in his first year, how stupid of the Colts. :rolleyes:

this is getting stupid.

OpIv37
07-20-2007, 02:32 PM
so I'm just suppose to trust you ,Okay

:roflmao:

you trusted them and look what happened.

John Doe
07-20-2007, 03:09 PM

Not mistakes in my book.

Maybe yours, but not mine.

justasportsfan
07-20-2007, 03:12 PM
you trusted them and look what happened.

yeah I trusted them and they surpassed my expectations and yours.

So now, we'll just trust you then? :roflmao:

OpIv37
07-20-2007, 03:12 PM
Not mistakes in my book.

Maybe yours, but not mine.

well people have different opinions but I fail to see how these guys helped last year. In Royal's case, I'd argue that he hurt us. There was one game where he had more penalty yards than reception yards, and of course not getting his foot down in the endzone (ultimately costing us a victory). He also gave up a sack to Freeney on a potential game-winning drive (although I partially blame Fairchild for that because Royal really shouldn't have been in that situation).

OpIv37
07-20-2007, 03:13 PM
they surpassed my expectations and yours.

So we'll just trust you then? :roflmao:

Donahoe, Williams and Mularkey surpassed your expectations? Well you just confirmed my theory that you set your expectations way too low.

John Doe
07-20-2007, 03:14 PM
well people have different opinions but I fail to see how these guys helped last year. In Royal's case, I'd argue that he hurt us. There was one game where he had more penalty yards than reception yards, and of course not getting his foot down in the endzone (ultimately costing us a victory). He also gave up a sack to Freeney on a potential game-winning drive (although I partially blame Fairchild for that because Royal really shouldn't have been in that situation).

You are entitled to your opinion - you have that right to express it.

All the players that you mention here have helped the team in one way or another.

Money well spent.

justasportsfan
07-20-2007, 03:15 PM
Donahoe, Williams and Mularkey surpassed your expectations? Well you just confirmed my theory that you set your expectations way too low.

I was talking about Marv, dude. Nice try and no. Just like TD and Marv, everyone get's a chance except you. That's sports. I have no control over who we pick. It's not my choice. My chopice is that I chose to cheer for the bills.

I'll never trust you though.You can't even watch a game right. :D

OpIv37
07-20-2007, 03:17 PM
I was talking about Marv, dude. Nice try and no. Just like TD and Marv, everyone get's a chance except you. I'll never trust you.You can't even watch a game right.

you watch Reed be mediocre for 4 years but find every excuse in the book to defend him, yet you say I can't watch a game right?

And one more thing- how do you know that JP's struggles are causing Price and Reed and Royal to struggle and not the other way around? Evans has no problem putting up numbers with JP so it can't be ALL on the QB. If they're not getting open he has no targets.

OpIv37
07-20-2007, 03:18 PM
You are entitled to your opinion - you have that right to express it.

All the players that you mention here have helped the team in one way or another.

Money well spent.

Your expectations are too low. None of them justify their salaries and they certainly never justifed the extensions they got.

John Doe
07-20-2007, 03:20 PM
Your expectations are too low. None of them justify their salaries and they certainly never justifed the extensions they got.

They justified their salaries because they helped the team win.

OpIv37
07-20-2007, 03:21 PM
They justified their salaries because they helped the team win.

I just gave you three examples from one season where Royal HURT the team but you're still insisting that he helped the team win? Please.

John Doe
07-20-2007, 03:22 PM
I just gave you three examples from one season where Royal HURT the team but you're still insisting that he helped the team win? Please.

Absolutely.

OpIv37
07-20-2007, 03:23 PM
Absolutely.

well I don't know what to say about that- you're just ignoring facts.

John Doe
07-20-2007, 03:24 PM
well I don't know what to say about that- you're just ignoring facts.

I am taking all facts into consideration.

Royal earned his pay.

OpIv37
07-20-2007, 03:26 PM
I am taking all facts into consideration.

Royal earned his pay.

no. He really didn't. He made one great play and a ton of bonehead ones.

justasportsfan
07-20-2007, 03:27 PM
you watch Reed be mediocre for 4 years but find every excuse in the book to defend him, yet you say I can't watch a game right? . I watch Reed be mediocre because the people around him sucked. I want to see him in a decent circumstance before I can judsge him. I trust my eyes before I'd trust your opinion.

I'm treating his situation the exact same thing Moulds went through. Crappy qb's/Ol and coaches. I am giving him this season since last year was meant for Jp to learn and develop

And one more thing- how do you know that JP's struggles are causing Price and Reed and Royal to struggle and not the other way around? Evans has no problem putting up numbers with JP so it can't be ALL on the QB. If they're not getting open he has no targets.

I have stats. You have nothing. I never claimed that Reed is in Evans' class. Evans is a monster. But wait, first Reed sucks and now he's mediocre. You changing your mind again?

When it comes to Reed I never said he was awsome, just that he doesn't suck like you make him out to be.

OpIv37
07-20-2007, 03:30 PM
I watch Reed be mediocre because the people around him sucked. I want to see him in a decent circumstance before I can judsge him. I trust my eyes before I'd trust your opinion.

I'm treating his situation the exact same thing Moulds went through. Crappy qb's/Ol and coaches. I am giving him this season since last year was meant for Jp to learn and develop

I have stats. You have nothing. I never claimed that Reed is in Evans' class. Evans is a monster. But wait, first Reed sucks and now he's mediocre. You changing your mind again?

When it comes to Reed I never said he was awsome, just that he doesn't suck like you make him out to be.

mediocre, sucks- it's splitting hairs. He never deserved an extension from Levy and he never lived up to his potential.

What stats? Reed's paltry stat line from last year? Or the year before? Or the year before? What exactly does that prove? Oh yeah- it proves Reed's mediocrity and that he never lived up to potential.

John Doe
07-20-2007, 03:31 PM
no. He really didn't. He made one great play and a ton of bonehead ones.

He was an excellant blocker, he caught passes - some for touchdowns, he stayed healthy and played hard, he was an ideal teammate.

Worth every penny.

No doubt in my mind.

OpIv37
07-20-2007, 03:35 PM
He was an excellant blocker, he caught passes - some for touchdowns, he stayed healthy and played hard, he was an ideal teammate.

Worth every penny.

No doubt in my mind.

he doesn't keep his head in the game- he proved that on multiple occasions. We don't need guys like that. You're ignoring all his penalties.

justasportsfan
07-20-2007, 03:36 PM
mediocre, sucks- it's splitting hairs. He never deserved an extension from Levy and he never lived up to his potential.

What stats? Reed's paltry stat line from last year? Or the year before? Or the year before? What exactly does that prove? Oh yeah- it proves Reed's mediocrity and that he never lived up to potential.

haha! typical OP. Get's amnesia . No the stats th\at show that Jp went to him on critical 3rd downs that went for 1st downs last year. It was 2nd to Evans.

Again , JP praising Reed says a lot. But hey, we know Jp is just blowing smoke up our arse about reed. Puhlease.

John Doe
07-20-2007, 03:38 PM
he doesn't keep his head in the game- he proved that on multiple occasions. We don't need guys like that. You're ignoring all his penalties.

He had some penalties and drops.

I have taken this into my account of Royal.

This was far out-weighed by his other contributions, many of which cannot be defined by statistics.

His type of hard work and character is what the team is being built around.

The Bills need more players like him

justasportsfan
07-20-2007, 03:40 PM

This was far out-weighed by his other contributions, many of which cannot be difined by statistics.

The Bills need more players like himOp can't watch a game right. Seriuosly, he implied Reed had tons of drops last year. :huh:

Typial . He's whining just to whine.

OpIv37
07-20-2007, 04:42 PM
Op can't watch a game right. Seriuosly, he implied Reed had tons of drops last year. :huh:

Typial . He's whining just to whine.

we've been over this before as well. Reed's issues transcend the drops.

OpIv37
07-20-2007, 04:43 PM

This was far out-weighed by his other contributions, many of which cannot be defined by statistics.

The Bills need more players like him

He's the type of guy who makes bonehead mistakes at inopportune times and the Bills need less players like him.

You're simply wrong.

John Doe
07-20-2007, 05:37 PM
He's the type of guy who makes bonehead mistakes at inopportune times and the Bills need less players like him.

You're simply wrong.

Sorry, but you are incorrect.

It is very obvious.

OpIv37
07-20-2007, 05:52 PM
Sorry, but you are incorrect.

It is very obvious.

not to anyone who actually watches the bills games. Royal was a liability far more often than he was an asset.

And if you asked any Skins fans about him at this time last year, they'll tell you exactly that- he's mediocre at receiving, mediocre at blocking and doesn't have his head in the game. I know because I live in Skins country and asked several fans about him.

But that's ok- just keep defending mediocrity. Just don't be surprised by another mediocre record in January.

ParanoidAndroid
07-20-2007, 05:59 PM

Dammit! Why isn't every move Marv makes absolutely perfect? Why do we have to put up with a human running things?

No player in the current NFL will earn their salary. They ALL get paid too much. Now there is something worth getting upset about.

John Doe
07-20-2007, 06:01 PM
not to anyone who actually watches the bills games. Royal was a liability far more often than he was an asset.

And if you asked any Skins fans about him at this time last year, they'll tell you exactly that- he's mediocre at receiving, mediocre at blocking and doesn't have his head in the game. I know because I live in Skins country and asked several fans about him.

But that's ok- just keep defending mediocrity. Just don't be surprised by another mediocre record in January.

I followed Royal's play last season.

He played well overall.

His play was not dependant on where you live.

OpIv37
07-20-2007, 06:09 PM
I followed Royal's play last season.

He played well overall.

His play was not dependant on where you live.

well either you're lying to agitate me or you just don't understand football. Royal was a liability.

OpIv37
07-20-2007, 06:10 PM
Dammit! Why isn't every move Marv makes absolutely perfect? Why do we have to put up with a human running things?

No player in the current NFL will earn their salary. They ALL get paid too much. Now there is something worth getting upset about.

If I make a mistake at my job I have to deal with the consequences. Why should Marv be any different?

The guy made mistakes and we as fans should not look away, but too many people here are willing to do that.

John Doe
07-20-2007, 06:13 PM
well either you're lying to agitate me or you just don't understand football. Royal was a liability.

I believe that I understand football.

Your statements indicate that you do not.

Please, do not become agitated.

OpIv37
07-20-2007, 06:18 PM
I believe that I understand football.

Your statements indicate that you do not.

Please, do not become agitated.

I'm done. You're defending a player who had more penalty yards than receiving yards in one game, dropped a game winning TD in another game and gave up a sack on the potential game winning drive in another game. If you think that's good enough, then you deserve all the losses this team puts up.

John Doe
07-20-2007, 06:24 PM
I'm done. You're defending a player who had more penalty yards than receiving yards in one game, dropped a game winning TD in another game and gave up a sack on the potential game winning drive in another game. If you think that's good enough, then you deserve all the losses this team puts up.

Thank you for taking part in this discussion.

I am sorry to see you leave since you are doing so without having gained insight.

Philagape
07-20-2007, 07:04 PM
Robert Royal is what he is: An average, workmanlike player who's adequate at some tasks but great at none of them. Nothing special. The epitome of mediocre. It doesn't say much for a career when his career high is 23 catches. He's much better suited to be a No. 2 TE.

And the QB excuse is lame. If a TE -- or any player, really -- is special, he'll rise above his surroundings and make others look better. Todd Heap's QBs have included Elvis Grbac, Chris Redman, Anthony Wright and Kyle Boller, but he's still had a pretty decent career.

Any player who's entirely dependent on others to succeed is a nobody.

John Doe
07-20-2007, 10:32 PM
Robert Royal is what he is: An average, workmanlike player who's adequate at some tasks but great at none of them.

Royal is a very good - sometimes spectacular blocker.

Everyone likes to mention the time he got beat by Freeney as an example of poor blocking. Well, Freeney has made a lot of players look bad in his day. I recall the Dolphin games last year when he got matched up against Jason Taylor on several occasions and he locked him up. You don't hear his name called when he does something like that.

One of the great plays of last year was a McGahee TD run where Royal sealed the inside allowing Willis to turn upfield and then he flew down the field and screened a couple more defenders away as well. One of the great hustle plays that you will ever see.

He spent a lot of last season helping out in pass protection because the team started a raw 7th round draft pick at right tackle when the line got re-shuffled after midseason. The Bills could not make that switch effectively without an experienced blocker like Royal. His blocking was one of the reasons that JP had time to hit some long passes on slow developing plays.

Royal is no all-star - there is no doubt about that. He is a selfless team player who works hard and leads by example. He adds to the synergy of the team and he was a solid addition last season.

OpIv37
07-21-2007, 12:47 AM
Royal is a very good - sometimes spectacular blocker.

Everyone likes to mention the time he got beat by Freeney as an example of poor blocking. Well, Freeney has made a lot of players look bad in his day. I recall the Dolphin games last year when he got matched up against Jason Taylor on several occasions and he locked him up. You don't hear his name called when he does something like that.

One of the great plays of last year was a McGahee TD run where Royal sealed the inside allowing Willis to turn upfield and then he flew down the field and screened a couple more defenders away as well. One of the great hustle plays that you will ever see.

He spent a lot of last season helping out in pass protection because the team started a raw 7th round draft pick at right tackle when the line got re-shuffled after midseason. The Bills could not make that switch effectively without an experienced blocker like Royal. His blocking was one of the reasons that JP had time to hit some long passes on slow developing plays.

Royal is no all-star - there is no doubt about that. He is a selfless team player who works hard and leads by example. He adds to the synergy of the team and he was a solid addition last season.

you lost me at synergy. BS buzz words don't impress me.

John Doe
07-21-2007, 05:54 AM
you lost me at synergy. BS buzz words don't impress me.

I was not trying to impress you. You stated that you were done.

I am sorry to hear that you are lost again. Being confused must be frustrating for you.

Please, do not become agitated as well.