PDA

View Full Version : Vick option: Paid leave of absence

Philagape
07-20-2007, 06:42 PM
NFL, Falcons could ask Vick to focus energies in court
By Len Pasquarelli and Chris Mortensen

ATLANTA -- In what has quickly evolved into a collaborative effort that includes input of officials from the NFL, NFL Players Association and Atlanta Falcons, embattled quarterback Michael Vick could be urged to take a voluntary leave of absence to focus his energy on the legal challenges from a federal dogfighting indictment confronting him, sources said.

There are, however, two critical components that must be resolved: Falcons owner Arthur Blank must be on board with a plan that has generated considerable discussion at the league level the past two days. And Vick, who might be reluctant to accept even a paid hiatus from the game, might have to be convinced that the leave could be his best option.

Blank and the Falcons might also be considering other options.

Under the leave-of-absence scenario, and given the projected timeline of any trial that could ensue from the federal indictments brought against the quarterback Tuesday, all parties would enter into the agreement, if it is consummated, with the expectation that Vick would probably miss the entire 2007 season.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2943276

Mitchy moo
07-20-2007, 07:42 PM
This C-sucker needs to sit out.

DANMAN
07-20-2007, 08:32 PM
Vick is so screwed. I really think that he is done in the NFL.

Him not screaming that he is completely innocent to the public is very telling.

What a collosull waste. How monumentally stupid!

gr8slayer
07-20-2007, 08:34 PM
Why the **** should they reward him with a paid leave? They need to just suspend him completely until he is either convicted or found to be innocent, unpaid.

Mr. Miyagi
07-20-2007, 09:26 PM
I want it to be unpaid. **** that mother****er. :mad::mad:

Michael82
07-21-2007, 01:34 AM
I want it to be unpaid. **** that mother****er. :mad::mad:
:bf1:

Carlton Bailey
07-21-2007, 02:49 AM
I can't believe the cowardice and hypocrisy of the NFL.

Roger Goodell: "Gee, Pacman Jones wasn't technically found guilty of anything, but I'll still suspend him for the year. What? Michael Vick murders dogs every day? Well, he makes me money, so I can't possibly suspend him for a year or ban him for life. I suppose I'll be politically correct and have the Falcons pay him to sit out."

TigerJ
07-21-2007, 11:29 AM
Just what Michael Vick needs; lots of mullah and free time. Lets see what kind of trouble he can get into while awaiting trial.

blackonyx89
07-21-2007, 11:32 AM
No Way, Jose' !!!

RedEyE
07-21-2007, 11:49 AM
He's not been found guilty...yet.

Michael82
07-21-2007, 11:54 AM
I can't believe the cowardice and hypocrisy of the NFL.

Roger Goodell: "Gee, Pacman Jones wasn't technically found guilty of anything, but I'll still suspend him for the year. What? Michael Vick murders dogs every day? Well, he makes me money, so I can't possibly suspend him for a year or ban him for life. I suppose I'll be politically correct and have the Falcons pay him to sit out."
Excellent post! I really thought that Goodell was serious about cracking down, but I should have realized that he was only serious about cracking down on the pieces of **** that are average/good players and not that popular. The players like Vick have a free pass because they make the league a ton of money. It's sad and Goodell is a ****ing hypocrit. If I am Henry or Jones...I start a lawsuit against Goodell and sue him to get my suspension overturned.

Michael82
07-21-2007, 11:54 AM
He's not been found guilty...yet.
He's guilty as ****ing sin. The fact that the douchbag hasn't even came out on TV to defend himself makes me believe how guilty he really is.