PDA

View Full Version : Needs for 2008 Bills

jpdex12
07-20-2007, 09:45 PM
Before you go shouting let's get through this year first, I was just thinking about next year's roster and what it might look like and where our areas of need will be.

As for now I'm assuming that we don't have any problems with keeping JP and Evans on the team with new contracts. I wonder what will happen with Schobel if he puts up another solid season he might be looking for more cash taking into consideration the rediculous DL contracts that have been seen this year.

Regardless, I say barring any major injuries and without relying on free agency, in the first three rounds of next year's draft we will be in need of a WR in one of the first two rounds that will be able to team up with Evans. We may be in need of a stud DE in either of the first two rounds if we have trouble with Schobel in the off season and we could very well be in need of a clogger in the middle at DT if McCargo doesn't take shape.

Yasgur's Farm
07-21-2007, 08:27 AM
Round 1... WR. We need a legit #2 and insurance if Evans wants to walk. (We already have our insurance for JP).
Round 2... DE. Schobel's not getting any younger and insurance if he's not happy.
Round 3a... CB. We need to build up with talent and size.
Round 3b... LB. We'll need depth. (Our DT's are set).

Jan Reimers
07-21-2007, 08:56 AM
A place to display the 2007 Lombardi Trophy.

Yasgur's Farm
07-21-2007, 09:04 AM
Way to think H U G E-A JR!

DraftBoy
07-21-2007, 11:24 AM
#2 WR
RT
RG
OC
DT
DE
LB depth
CB
K

PECKERWOOD
07-21-2007, 12:51 PM
WR We need someone who can consistently divert attention from Lee Evans. We don't need an insurance policy though to replace Lee in case he walks because the Bills staff oughta do whatever is necessary to keep him in Buffalo for atleast through his prime and his best years.

CB This position really depends on Youboty and whether or not he emerges as a starting CB. If Ashton doesn't step up to the plate this year, it's obvious from my standpoint that a CB in the 1st round next year is necessary.

LB We are very weak at this position and you can't help but expect a drop off from this unit in comparison to last years line up. If Paul Posluszny gets injured, that would make DiGorgio our starting MLB. That to me is enough to make me cringe. More depth behind Crowell would be nice as well, seeing how he has yet to play through a full season as a starter. I really like Keith Ellison but some competition and depth wouldn't hurt at the WSLB position as well.

RG I'm not even sure who will be our starter at RG this season. This is a positional battle that we need to keep our eyes on this training camp. I'm really pulling for Duke Preston to make an impact. I know he is a really cerebral player but he lacks the lower body strength needed to be a true road grader. This is definately a position that we could use more talent at.

TE Robert Royal may be one hell of a blocker but I'm not sold on him as a reciever yet. I know Fairchild likes to run alot of Twin TE sets so I think we are ideally lacking a solid recieving TE. - This is where Kevin Everrett comes in. This is a make or break year for him imo. So we'll see if this position remains a ? at the end of the season.

DraftBoy
07-21-2007, 02:03 PM
I forgot TE, good call Fever

ParanoidAndroid
07-22-2007, 01:13 AM
WR
DT
CB
LB
TE
G
DE

AS for guard, I'm hoping Butler wins the job in camp. I've seen enough of Preston to know we can do better. If Preston wins the position with the same level of play, we'll definately need a guard.

jpdex12
07-22-2007, 07:39 AM
Looks like the consensus is that we all think we should grab a WR in the first round.

Possible first round WR's for next year are???

DraftBoy
07-22-2007, 11:57 AM
Wide Receivers
1. Limas Sweed, Texas
2. DeSean Jackson, California*
3. Mario Manningham, Michigan*
4. Early Doucet, Louisiana State
5. Adarius Bowman, Oklahoma State
6. D.J. Hall, Alabama
7. Malcolm Kelly, Oklahoma*
8. Earl Bennett, Vanderbilt*
9. Marcus Monk, Arkansas
10. James Hardy, Indiana*

DraftBoy
07-22-2007, 12:02 PM
Also WR Harry Douglas from Louisville and Mario Urutia also from Louisville

OpIv37
07-22-2007, 08:09 PM
I think the biggest priority will be #2 WR. Both Reed and Price have heavily backloaded contracts and will be expensive to keep next year, so unless one or both step it up, they will most likely be cap casualties.

CB could be a problem- Webster and K Thomas are up there in years, so it depends on Youboty's development.

DT is still a huge issue. We basically have the same load of crap we had last year.

After that DE and a receiving TE would be my biggest priorities. The right side of the OL could use some help as well, but we have some youth in Pennington and Butler so hopefully one or both of them will step up.

It's tough to do this so early-the only obvious problem for next year at the moment is WR because of the contracts issue. Too many guys on this team are young and inexperienced, so our needs for next year are highly dependent on who steps it up this year and who doesn't.

ParanoidAndroid
07-22-2007, 09:49 PM
Also WR Harry Douglas from Louisville and Mario Urutia also from Louisville

Keenan Burton, Kentucky
Jarett Dillard, Rice (might need to wait 'til 2009...he's a bit too lanky)

PECKERWOOD
07-22-2007, 10:53 PM
WR
DT
CB
LB
TE
G
DE

AS for guard, I'm hoping Butler wins the job in camp. I've seen enough of Preston to know we can do better. If Preston wins the position with the same level of play, we'll definately need a guard.

I heard Preston has been hitting the gym hard and he's added some weight.

DraftBoy
07-22-2007, 10:56 PM
Keenan Burton, Kentucky
Jarett Dillard, Rice (might need to wait 'til 2009...he's a bit too lanky)

Burton is going to be a benefit on the continued production of QB Andre Woodson who could be the best QB in this years class that nobody has really heard of.

PECKERWOOD
07-23-2007, 12:49 AM
Wide Receivers
1. Limas Sweed, Texas
2. DeSean Jackson, California*
3. Mario Manningham, Michigan*
4. Early Doucet, Louisiana State
5. Adarius Bowman, Oklahoma State
6. D.J. Hall, Alabama
7. Malcolm Kelly, Oklahoma*
8. Earl Bennett, Vanderbilt*
9. Marcus Monk, Arkansas