PDA

View Full Version : Just listening to ESPN Radio

DraftBoy
07-21-2007, 02:07 PM
Mel Kiper Jr was on doing his weekly show with John Stashour (sp?) which is actually a very good program imo, esp from JAN-APR. Anyways they had new Louisville Head Coach Steve Kragthorpe on, and as most of you probably know Kragthorpe worked here in Buffalo under Kevin Gilbride and they were talking about Brohm and Kiper made the comparison than Brohm is very similar to Kelly minus a little arm strength. Which I found interesting.

Now I like Brian Brohm alot and I think he'll be the #1 or #2 QB this next draft, but what do the rest of you think about him?

NOTE: I am not saying we should dump Losman and take Brohm, just wanted to make mention that Buffalo got a small pop from ESPN radio and Mel Kiper today since its been nothing but bash on ESPN for "hating" on Buffalo in here.

camelcowboy
07-21-2007, 02:32 PM
since kiper says he's like jim kelly he will be drafted in the 5th round.

Devin
07-21-2007, 03:18 PM
I only started watching him this year, I will be sure to watch him this upcoming season. I like the kid though, very gutsy. Id have probably not thought of the Kelly comparison but now that its been mentioned I can kinda see that.

I think staying was a great idea for him and he has the tools to be a very good pro.

Philagape
07-21-2007, 03:58 PM
Bobby Petrino and the Falcons gotta be the favorites to land him.

X-Era
07-21-2007, 06:25 PM
Mel Kiper Jr was on doing his weekly show with John Stashour (sp?) which is actually a very good program imo, esp from JAN-APR. Anyways they had new Louisville Head Coach Steve Kragthorpe on, and as most of you probably know Kragthorpe worked here in Buffalo under Kevin Gilbride and they were talking about Brohm and Kiper made the comparison than Brohm is very similar to Kelly minus a little arm strength. Which I found interesting.

Now I like Brian Brohm alot and I think he'll be the #1 or #2 QB this next draft, but what do the rest of you think about him?

NOTE: I am not saying we should dump Losman and take Brohm, just wanted to make mention that Buffalo got a small pop from ESPN radio and Mel Kiper today since its been nothing but bash on ESPN for "hating" on Buffalo in here.

I like him better than Quinn and Jamarcus. I think hes got better intangibles, decision making, and a very adequate arm

jamze132
07-21-2007, 06:28 PM
No offense to Brohm, but Kiper is a tool.

evol4276
07-21-2007, 06:32 PM
No offense to Brohm, but Kiper is a tool. i agree fully every time i see him i wanna punch him in his stupid head. ive never watched brohm so anything i know is from hear-say unfortunately. Kelly? who knows but i hear he's good haha

PECKERWOOD
07-21-2007, 08:16 PM

Pretty high praise for Brian Brohm. How I feel about him? I think if he would have entered in this years draft he would have been drafted way before Brady Quinn and probably in an Oakland or even worst a Miami uniform with my luck.

Mudflap1
07-22-2007, 12:26 AM
Actually, I thought the exact same thing watching Brohm - very Kelly-like with his mechanics, delivery, etc. I thought maybe I was just being a homer because Kelly is my favorite all-time player, but I guess there's really something to it.

Jon

Ingtar33
07-22-2007, 08:03 AM
he's got the same throwing motion. amusingly i thought the same thing watching him last year... "this dude looks like kelly"

i've not seen enough to make that type of prediction though.

Earthquake Enyart
07-22-2007, 01:27 PM
Brohm is a winner.

B-DON
07-22-2007, 03:57 PM
On mike and mike the other morning they had two guys replacing the mikes. They did the 5 burning questions and the second one was about surprise teams in the afc. The guy replied with Buffalo and i almost **** my pants. He said typical stuff about losman and evans and then he said Marshwan Lynch is everything and probably more then what he is hyped up to be. Said he was going to be a real playmaker in the league. So altleast somebody on BSPN is giving us some love.

jamze132
07-23-2007, 12:34 PM
i agree fully every time i see him i wanna punch him in his stupid head. ive never watched brohm so anything i know is from hear-say unfortunately. Kelly? who knows but i hear he's good haha
Every time I see Kiper I wanna kick him in the junk and put a cross face on him.

DraftBoy
07-23-2007, 12:38 PM
Re-reading this thread, there is alot of hate for Kiper