PDA

View Full Version : Tim Couch comeback

DraftBoy
07-21-2007, 02:47 PM
NFL | Couch attempting final comeback
Fri, 20 Jul 2007 10:08:42 -0700

WKYT.com reports free-agent QB Tim Couch (Packers) says he is attempting a comeback and has contacted every NFL team looking for work. Couch says he has bulked up to 245 pounds and has lowered his body fat to 5 percent. Couch added he will attempt one final comeback and if he cannot land a job he will walk away from the game. Couch has been working with a personal trainer, rehabbing his surgically repaired shoulder in Miami. He says he has been throwing pain free for the better part of the past year.

Any interest here? Id take a flyer on him personally, he'd be a good development pick and could be worth something later on, and maybe help Edwards through some rookie ups and downs.

bills_7
07-21-2007, 03:23 PM
BRING HIM IN!!! LOL THIS IS GREAT NEWS

bills_7
07-21-2007, 03:25 PM
i wanted him to come here so bad when drew was playn lol im sure some will remember

evol4276
07-21-2007, 03:35 PM
one key word u mentioned in that: MIAMI! yea dunno bout this guy... they like to pick up old washed out guys tho :-P

THE END OF ALL DAYS
07-21-2007, 03:40 PM
why would we want him here? that makes absolutely no sense

DraftBoy
07-21-2007, 03:46 PM

You prefer Craig Nall? Who is going where? And a rookie to be our backup?

Hmmm?

Ill take a flyer on a guy that was a hell of a college QB, who had a rough start to his NFL Career, and give him TC and the preseason to show me he's got something left in the tank. If he blows no big deal, no money lost, if he does well, we have a more sure insurance option, instead of throwing a rookie to the wolves.

Meathead
07-21-2007, 04:19 PM
0 = career starts for nall
0 = career starts for edwards
62 = career starts for couch

id give him a training camp tryout

mikemac2001
07-21-2007, 04:41 PM
Feel bad for him kinda same thing that happened to carr...there confidence just got crushed along with there body. i hope some team brings him in he is way better then alot of 3rd stringers

djjimkelly
07-21-2007, 05:10 PM
id feel better about him then that bum NALL

evol4276
07-21-2007, 05:38 PM
if we were even thinking about this, then why did we rid of holcomb? he's better and less-bustlike than couch, and has been able to win games here and there. dunno he doesnt have to make a comeback either. granted he is a career back-up (or is treated as so) but we showed we apparently want no vet. teaching in the qb position right now. im not *****ing im jus sayin

dolphan117
07-21-2007, 07:26 PM
one key word u mentioned in that: MIAMI! yea dunno bout this guy... they like to pick up old washed out guys tho :-PHe has been training in Miami but is not a Dolphin, its a big state.

cocamide
07-21-2007, 07:41 PM
He has been training in Miami but is not a Dolphin, its a big state.

Miami is a city.

Maybe the Bucs will pick him up.

ibatiger
07-21-2007, 08:29 PM

Who would he replace? Losman. I doubt it. Nall. He already beat out Couch one time at Green Bay. Edwards? Third rounder ain't going nowhere anytime soon. We're set at 1-2-3. I don't doubt that there are some teams who would be smart to take a look at him though.

ibatiger
07-21-2007, 08:30 PM
id feel better about him then that bum NALL

You are so clueless it's not even funny.

PECKERWOOD
07-21-2007, 08:37 PM

Hmmm?

Ill take a flyer on a guy that was a hell of a college QB, who had a rough start to his NFL Career, and give him TC and the preseason to show me he's got something left in the tank. If he blows no big deal, no money lost, if he does well, we have a more sure insurance option, instead of throwing a rookie to the wolves.

Good point! Plus, Nall is getting paid a nice chunk for being a backup QB. Tim Couch would demand virtually no money.

John Doe
07-21-2007, 08:58 PM

I agree.

No need to bring in another QB to take valuable reps away from Nall and especially Edwards.

We made a big investment in Edwards - it would do nothing but ****** his development.

Joey Harrington has a lot of starts in the league too.

evol4276
07-21-2007, 09:34 PM
He has been training in Miami but is not a Dolphin, its a big state. ha i realize that i was merely attempting at humor.. which apparently failed :-P

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
07-23-2007, 08:22 AM
Ok, we know he won't be in Buffalo....that said....I think maybe Dallas would be a good possibility.

Now if only Eric Crouch will make another comeback.

DraftBoy
07-23-2007, 08:51 AM
Ok, we know he won't be in Buffalo....that said....I think maybe Dallas would be a good possibility.

Now if only Eric Crouch will make another comeback.

How do we know this?

duhbilz
07-23-2007, 09:04 AM

Hmmm?

I think Edwards is a better option, he's already signed and I think he will prove to be worthy of a 3rd round pick. Couch is what he was, a great college QB.