No Sam Adams for TD, he only likes the cheap stuff(sorry for the pun), so now what???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • venis2k1
    Youboty can hope
    • Jul 2002

No Sam Adams for TD, he only likes the cheap stuff(sorry for the pun), so now what???

Now we seem to be between a rock and a hard place...or are we??? Is it just me or was the contract offered to Sam Adams somewhat light(no pun intended). TD has to have a card up his sleeve, he is too good not to. Should we Draft a DT, wait untill June 1st...I dont think so, I am thinking Trade. I dont know why, but i got a feeling...One thing i know is TD has something up his sleeve to deal Adams such a crappy contract.
  • Earthquake Enyart
    Legendary Zoner
    • Jul 2002

I don't see a bidding war happening. TD should hold firm, or even lower the offer.

Comment

• Tatonka
      • Jul 2002

yeah.. cuz alot of good DTs are going to want to come play for buffalo for a pocket change signing bonus.. td is being an idiot right now.. if he is not going to offer anything to adams, why would he offer anything to anyone else? sam is better than anything that is left..

i bet he brings in henry ford.. which just discusts me.

and i cant think of one single DT that is worth a damn that would be on the trading block..
      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• venis2k1
        Youboty can hope
        • Jul 2002

Jesus, a week ago all of you were calling TD the smartest man on the planet, and today you are all calling him a Tight Wad Dumb Ass, have some faith in the man. He might just know what he is doing. I would think He would know a little bit more about what Adams is worth than we do.
        Last edited by venis2k1; 03-19-2003, 07:56 AM.

Comment

• jdbillsfan
          • Oct 2002

Less than 2mil signing bonus with an incentive laden contract, definitely sounds low.

He is a proven commodity and exactly what Buffalo needs, a big fat run stuffer. Guess we won't really know the details until we hear from TD, but it sounds like he didn't feel it was a big of a need as we did.

Like venis said, maybe he has something up his sleeve....

Comment

• don137
            • Jul 2002

I still have full faith in TD. We do not know the kind of incentives he offered Adams. I am disappointed but TD knows what he is doing. I won't sell him down the river. He knows talent and to him Adams was worth "X" amount and he won't budge. I only wish he went after another DT first because everyone knows Adams would want a nice signing bonus.

I wonder what teams are in good salary cap situation and need at DT besides Baltimore.

Comment

• venis2k1
              Youboty can hope
              • Jul 2002

All im saying is TD is a very smart guy, if Adams is the difference of us going to the SB or not, i dont think his "final offer" would be dirt cheap when we have so much cap room unless he did have something up his sleeve.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                Legendary Zoner
                • Jul 2002

Every team in the NFL could have had Adams last year. There are no other teams bidding now. You watch, this is the best offer he will get. If he doesn't take it, he'll get another 1 year deal somewhere else at the vet minimum.

Comment

• Tatonka
                  • Jul 2002

i reserve the right to think td is a god one day and feel like he is a complete jackass the next.. that is my right as a fan who puts enough time into being a bills fan that it could be considered a second job.

today.. i think td is a big frigging dumbass
                  "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• venis2k1
                    Youboty can hope
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
                    i reserve the right to think td is a god one day and feel like he is a complete jackass the next.. that is my right as a fan who puts enough time into being a bills fan that it could be considered a second job.

today.. i think td is a big frigging dumbass
                    Ohh Ye of little Faith

Comment

• Fairway To Green
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by venis2k1
                      Jesus, a week ago all of you were calling TD the smartest man on the planet, and today you are all calling him a Tight Wad Dumb Ass, have some faith in the man

Right on! My goodness, some people are so wishy washy it's a joke.

Comment

• Voltron
                        • Jul 2002

I'm upset becuae I think Sam is exactly what we need but at the same time I have a lot of faith that TD knows what he is doing. It said in that artical on the front page that Sam had an offer from the bungels with a 5 mill. signing bonus and he turned it down because he wanted to play here. Wonder if he is kicking him self now :).
                        Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything.
                        - Frank Dane

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
                        -Thomas Jefferson

The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane.
                        - Mark Twain

Comment

• jchild178
                          • Mar 2003

i cant believe you people are saying this about the best GM in the whole mother friggin league! look how many players he brought us last year and the drafts we've had because of him and now your bugging out because we didnt get one guy?!...please give me a break! TD is a genius he will get the job done, hands down!

Comment

• Tatonka
                            • Jul 2002

yeah i am freaking out because he didnt get one guy.. so the f what..

he just let the best option to cure our most OBVIOUS weak link walk away by offering dirt as a signing bonus.. that pisses me off..

like i said.. i have a right to trash him today if i want and love him tomorrow.. just like you guys have a right to worship the ground he walks on, no matter how many eddie robinson's he signs... or how many solid LBs like jay foreman he trades away for chump kick returners.

i may very well love him tomorrow.. if he pulls a rabbit out of his ass.. but you guys act like he has won a superbowl for any team.. he has made some teams that are good, but not good enough.. and without a DT, we are not good enough..

i am not wishy washy on my love for the bills.. but i can think whatever the hell i want about TD.. and change my mind tomorrow.

Comment

• Tatonka
                              • Jul 2002

and i would say the best gm in the league would be tampa's gm.. considering he won a superbowl for his team... until td does that.. he is no different that other gms that build good teams that have never won a superbowl... like polian

Comment

Working...
                              X