PDA

View Full Version : Bills Jersey question

northernbillfan
07-23-2007, 05:20 AM
It was mentioned a while ago that we should have a McGahee jersey burning ceremony at the Baltimore game.

As an owner of a McGahee jersey, I would never consider burning it. I don't think I could ever burn any Bills merchandise.

That said if you could burn one jersey without feeling guilty which one would it be and why?

For me I would burn my RJ jersey. He cost us a real shot at a Super Bowl with the Tennessee game, tho it was Philips who put him in the game. Flutie could have and probably would have won us that game and taken us deep into the playoffs. Therefore I would not feel guilty burning my RJ jersey.

(PS it was gift from a friend who didn't know better when they bought it for me)

Pride
07-23-2007, 07:01 AM
He cost us a real shot at a Super Bowl with the Tennessee game, tho it was Philips who put him in the game.

When RJ stepped off of the field for the last time... we were leading. If the special teams hadn't self destructed... we very easily could have won that game. To put that particular game on RJ is an injustice.

LtFinFan66
07-23-2007, 07:07 AM
I threw away a Ricky Williams jersey I got in Korea for $10 when he quit

Michael82
07-23-2007, 07:37 AM
McGahee is the only Bills jersey that I have and would consider burning. But I probably won't. I think I'm going to get a nameplate for it or something. Hopefully a good player will wear that number someday.

OpIv37
07-23-2007, 08:17 AM
Mike Williams. We gave up a lot to get him in terms of opportunity cost and paid him a ****load of money for nothing.

Billy Joe Hobert on principle.

Dr. Lecter
07-23-2007, 08:21 AM
For me I would burn my RJ jersey. He cost us a real shot at a Super Bowl with the Tennessee game, tho it was Philips who put him in the game. Flutie could have and probably would have won us that game and taken us deep into the playoffs. Therefore I would not feel guilty burning my RJ jersey.

Flutie was 0-2 in the playoffs and was more of the reason the Bills lost the year before vs Miami (6 TO's) than RJ was against Tennessee. While RJ is/was a popular whipping boy, that game was not his fault at all.

That being said, I would not burn the jersey of a player who gave his all and/or was a class act (i.e. RJ who did a ton of community work that was never publicized).

Now a guy like Hobart like Op mentioned or OJ are different stories.

mikemac2001
07-23-2007, 08:45 AM
It was mentioned a while ago that we should have a McGahee jersey burning ceremony at the Baltimore game.

As an owner of a McGahee jersey, I would never consider burning it. I don't think I could ever burn any Bills merchandise.

That said if you could burn one jersey without feeling guilty which one would it be and why?

(PS it was gift from a friend who didn't know better when they bought it for me)

You can only Clap for RJ that game ...he stepped up and ive always thought what if we won that game would RJ have gained confidence and would the team have came around him.

He got beat up that game and when he lost his shoe on that final drive idk he proved alot in that game and everything got messed up bc of our great special teams

gr8slayer
07-23-2007, 09:10 AM
Probably Mike Williams. It was the first jersey I bought with my own money, wore it proudly and I got pooped on.

mikemac2001
07-23-2007, 09:18 AM
I would either burn the vince young jersey i got from ESPN because i hate the titans

or it would be the vick jersey just bc he is scum

gr8slayer
07-23-2007, 09:20 AM
I would either burn the vince young jersey i got from ESPN because i hate the titans

or it would be the vick jersey just bc he is scum
As much as I hate the University of Texas (being a huge aTm fan) I actually like Vince Young, I dislike the Titans but I like and respect Vince, there isn't a harder working football player out there (if he is anything like he was in college.)

If I had a Vick jersey I would let my Pit-Bull have it for a new chew toy.

mikemac2001
07-23-2007, 09:22 AM
Young actually surprised me with his play...i like him as a player but hate the titans be more burning it bc i hate it touching my other jerseys

Michael82
07-23-2007, 09:32 AM
Mike Williams. We gave up a lot to get him in terms of opportunity cost and paid him a ****load of money for nothing.

Billy Joe Hobert on principle.
You bought a Mike Williams jersey?!?! :lmao:

:laughing:

Dr. Lecter
07-23-2007, 09:34 AM

Watch it Mikey.

Michael82
07-23-2007, 09:35 AM
Watch it Mikey.
You probably bought an Erik Flowers jersey too....didn't you? :rofl:

JJamezz
07-23-2007, 09:42 AM
I have a McGahee replica that I have no use for (thanks anyway Mikey!) - if you guys promise to film the 'ceremony' for me, its all yours..

gr8slayer
07-23-2007, 09:44 AM

I bought a Dockery jersey.

gr8slayer
07-23-2007, 09:46 AM
I have a McGahee replica that I have no use for (thanks anyway Mikey!) - if you guys promise to film the 'ceremony' for me, its all yours..
I'll promise to film it for you once you put out a freaking POTY video ass.

Michael82
07-23-2007, 09:47 AM
:rofl: I'm sorry I got you a jersey of that bum. At least you got SOME use out of it. :up:

That would be a fun thing to do. maybe we can put it in the grill and then on the ground and tape it burning. :snicker:

JJamezz
07-23-2007, 10:11 AM
:rofl: I'm sorry I got you a jersey of that bum. At least you got SOME use out of it. :up:

That would be a fun thing to do. maybe we can put it in the grill and then on the ground and tape it burning. :snicker:

Its not your fault.. I should've went with Spikes - even with him gone, I wouldn't be embarrassed to wear it.

I was thinking more along the lines of soaking it in gasoline, and hanging it up on a coatrack or something.. though I don't imagine you'd want to do that on Bills property.. lol.

OpIv37
07-23-2007, 10:11 AM

no, I don't have one. It's just the concept.

There is at least one poster on this board who has one though.

JJamezz
07-23-2007, 10:13 AM
I'll promise to film it for you once you put out a freaking POTY video ass.

How many times are you gonna call me an ass before I tell you to stfu and make your own video... Nevermind, answered my own question!

:D

Michael82
07-23-2007, 10:14 AM
Its not your fault.. I should've went with Spikes - even with him gone, I wouldn't be embarrassed to wear it.

I was thinking more along the lines of soaking it in gasoline, and hanging it up on a coatrack or something.. though I don't imagine you'd want to do that on Bills property.. lol.
maybe you should take care of the jersey and video tape it for all of us to see. :evil:

gr8slayer
07-23-2007, 10:18 AM
How many times are you gonna call me an ass before I tell you to stfu and make your own video... Nevermind, answered my own question!

:D
Where's my POTY video ass!

That's twice today lol.

JJamezz
07-23-2007, 10:19 AM
maybe you should take care of the jersey and video tape it for all of us to see. :evil:

I just think it'd be more interesting with a group of people / fans - not some lone lunatic in NJ burning articles of clothing in his backyard.. The neighbors are already afraid of me.. :snicker:

Ebenezer
07-23-2007, 10:23 AM
I can think of several through the years but to keep it current - Williams and Willis would top the list.

Ferragamo, Hobert, anybody from the 71 team except Robert James, with a few exceptions the entire 84 and 85 teams...

gr8slayer
07-23-2007, 10:25 AM
Ferragamo, Hobert, anybody from the 71 team except Robert James, with a few exceptions the entire 84 and 85 teams...
Who, who, and who?

JJamezz
07-23-2007, 10:26 AM
Where's my POTY video ass!

That's twice today lol.

Actually, three times.. WTF is a bilonker anyway?

gr8slayer
07-23-2007, 10:27 AM
Actually, three times.. WTF is a bilonker anyway?
Hell if I know. Something Beavis and Butthead used to say :rofl:

BuffaloBillsStampede
07-23-2007, 10:50 AM
I will for sure be lighting my McGahee jersey up becase I have no use for it at all, and he has become my most hated player in the league.

Michael82
07-23-2007, 10:52 AM
I will for sure be lighting my McGahee jersey up becase I have no use for it at all, and he has become my most hated player in the league.
I'd love to see this recorded. :up:

The last buffalo fan
07-23-2007, 11:00 AM
NONE. Bills merchandise is sacred to me!! Plus it is too hard, to get jerseys downhere. :ill:

Historian
07-23-2007, 11:02 AM
Rod Kush

gr8slayer
07-23-2007, 11:08 AM
Rod Kush
huh? Sounds like an STD.

Dr. Lecter
07-23-2007, 11:16 AM
huh? Sounds like an STD.

Learn your Bills history.

Jimbuktu
07-23-2007, 11:17 AM
You can only Clap for RJ that game ...he stepped up and ive always thought what if we won that game would RJ have gained confidence and would the team have came around him.

He got beat up that game and when he lost his shoe on that final drive idk he proved alot in that game and everything got messed up bc of our great special teams

I've always felt the same way about that performance. Could have been a career-changer if they held on. I remember they were wearing the white uniforms, and Johnson's was so ****ing dirty heading into the half. It looked like the Bills had no chance of getting back in, but they worked themselves back in and almost pulled out what would have been a GLORIOUS victory.

Shoeless Rob Johnson would have been talked about forever! It's like the same thing that happened to the Mets last year with Endy Chavez making that INCREDIBLE catch in a losing effort.

Oh god, the pain caused my teams (Knicks too).

gr8slayer
07-23-2007, 11:18 AM
Learn your Bills history.
Mine starts in 1990, I was too young to care about football before then old guy.

Dr. Lecter
07-23-2007, 11:21 AM
One cannot understand the present without an appreciation and understanding of the past.

gr8slayer
07-23-2007, 11:25 AM
One cannot understand the present without an appreciation and understanding of the past.
I have a fine understanding of the NFL's past as a whole, I'm not particularly interested in individual players before 1990 unless they were all-stars.

JJamezz
07-23-2007, 11:40 AM
NONE. Bills merchandise is sacred to me!! Plus it is too hard, to get jerseys downhere. :ill:

Want a McGahee away jersey? Muy barato!

The last buffalo fan
07-23-2007, 12:20 PM
Want a McGahee away jersey? Muy barato!

Si seņor!!!

Dr. Lecter
07-23-2007, 12:21 PM
Good luck getting it to him.

The last buffalo fan
07-23-2007, 01:12 PM
Good luck getting it to him.

:rofl:

Thanks, Secret Santa :ill:

northernbillfan
07-23-2007, 02:31 PM
Wow I didn't hink there would be this much disdain towards McGahee.

Perhaps we should have a big ceremony after all the Baltimore game. I'll bring mine too.

Michael82
07-23-2007, 02:32 PM
Wow I didn't hink there would be this much disdain towards McGahee.

Perhaps we should have a big ceremony after all the Baltimore game. I'll bring mine too.
I'm not burning my McGahee jersey...but I have a tshirt that I used to wear all the time. It's in my closet right now, I'll burn that. :up:

BlackMetalNinja
07-24-2007, 09:22 AM
The only one I'd even consider getting rid of is the McGahee... but it's an authentic and the only one I have. It won't get worn much if ever, but I still will hold on to it. Maybe someday another worthy #21 will come along and I'll get the name changed.