PDA

View Full Version : Darius Watts released

X-Era
07-23-2007, 06:13 AM
The kid can play.

I wouldnt mind crap canning Fast Freddie again and then grabbing this guy. Hes not even a #2 WR, but hes a better option than...say...Aiken

Jan Reimers
07-23-2007, 06:52 AM
If you're a 4th or 5th WR, you need to be a decent special teamer. Don't know if Watts is.

Night Train
07-23-2007, 06:56 AM
Can he play DT ? That's what we need.

Scumbag College
07-23-2007, 07:41 AM
I think the Bills aren't going to add anyone at WR for the 2007 season. I think the #2 receiver is going to be a platoon type situation, with Josh Reed in on alot of running plays for his blocking, and PP and Parrish mixed in there as well. I think Aiken stays again for 2007 for his special teams play only, and possibly Fast Freddy or a rookie free agent who catches on might make it as a 6th receiver/special teamer/utility player type.

Michael82
07-23-2007, 07:49 AM
Why does everybody always have to single out Aiken? :mad:

Jan Reimers
07-23-2007, 07:56 AM
Why does everybody always have to single out Aiken? :mad:
Some posters don't seem to understand the emphasis (and rightfully so) that the Bills put on special teams - and that backup position players often make the roster based on their ST ability.

That being said, Aiken is not a bad WR, either.

Michael82
07-23-2007, 07:59 AM
Some posters don't seem to understand the emphasis (and rightfully so) that the Bills put on special teams - and that backup position players often make the roster based on their ST ability.

That being said, Aiken is not a bad WR, either.
Aiken needs to get his chance and I believe he will surprise people. I love what I see from him each year in camp. Plus, he's one of our only receivers over 6 foot.

THATHURMANATOR
07-23-2007, 08:04 AM
We don't need another tiny receiver.

ParanoidAndroid
07-23-2007, 09:09 AM
I kept rooting for aiken to have a good reveiving year, too. I've accepted reality in his case, though. He's simply not good enough. With all the new, young guys we have (Wilson, Leonhard, Wendling, DiGiorgio, etc) and with the signing of Scobey, it might be time to move on. He's good on special teams, but he had zero catches last year and six total special teams tackles. I want to see what Justin Jenkins can do.

Michael82
07-23-2007, 09:27 AM
I kept rooting for aiken to have a good reveiving year, too. I've accepted reality in his case, though. He's simply not good enough. With all the new, young guys we have (Wilson, Leonhard, Wendling, DiGiorgio, etc) and with the signing of Scobey, it might be time to move on. He's good on special teams, but he had zero catches last year and six total special teams tackles. I want to see what Justin Jenkins can do.
Wilson has been doing defensive work. He doesn't impress me much at all for WR. :::

DraftBoy
07-23-2007, 09:31 AM
Wilson has been doing defensive work. He doesn't impress me much at all for WR. :::

So what has Aiken done at WR to impress you? And havent your camp reports in the past gushed over Wilson's ability to make plays in practice?

ParanoidAndroid
07-23-2007, 10:05 AM

I didn't mean to suggest Wilson as an option at receiver, but rather, on special teams.
I used to be impressed by Aiken because I was hopeful, but he's had his chance at receiver. He might still make the team because, unfortunately, our options at receiver might not be any better, but it's time to pin some opes on the younger guys like Jenkins, Morgan, Brown, Quinn, Denney, Mayle, Smith...

Michael82
07-23-2007, 10:12 AM
So what has Aiken done at WR to impress you? And havent your camp reports in the past gushed over Wilson's ability to make plays in practice?
I've always been :meh: about George Wilson. It is justasportsfan who loves the guy. :ill:

FlyingDutchman
07-23-2007, 10:22 AM
Wasnt Sammy Aiken leading the ST in tackles? I see him as a special teamer first and used for that primarily. Anything done at WR is bonus. Watts would just be another average receiver on the roster.