PDA

View Full Version : OK MARV SIGN THOSE PICKS

djjimkelly
07-23-2007, 07:19 AM
there is now enough info from each round that the bills can easily sign all their picks.

the bears have signed the 31st player in the draft POZ is 3 picks later the INFO is there!!

TIMMONS HAS SIGNED WITH PITT and LYNCH WAS PICKED A COUPLE PICKS BEFORE HIM THE FINANCIAL HAVE BEEN DECIDED NOW STOP F$%#ING AROUND AND SIGN EVERYONE!!!!!

Night Train
07-23-2007, 07:27 AM
I'm in a complete state of panic ! This has NEVER happened before ! ( yawn..)

djjimkelly
07-23-2007, 07:46 AM
u know its not about a state of panic!!! to me its about no distractions guys being there from day 1 and for once hitting the ground running!!! its real sickening that the agents dont start their negotiations a week earlier. hell i dont care about any other team except the bills and their picks we just need to be super prepared this year compared to other years!

AND THIS YEAR OF ANY YEAR I CAN REMEMBER RECENTLY WE NEED 1st and 2nd round picks TO COME IN FROM DAY 1 AND BE THE MAN.

djjimkelly
07-23-2007, 07:48 AM
i dont think there is a person on this board who doesnt agree that MLB AND STARTING HB are as near important as it gets on young team like ours!!!!

Michael82
07-23-2007, 07:48 AM
Whitner missed 8 days last year and he didn't struggle. :::

:yawn:

djjimkelly
07-23-2007, 07:51 AM

sure mikey but whitner wasnt calling the D's the MLB does and im sure with respect to lynch any extra snap he gets in the early days of practice will help him learn just that extra bit more about blitz pickups and so on.

Dr. Lecter
07-23-2007, 07:51 AM
Lynch is RB, not a LB.

Often the financial side is the easy part; length of the deal is the hold-up.

Most 1st round picks are not signed yet, so not time to panic.

You are over-reacting more than Mikey! That shoudl tell you something. :D

djjimkelly
07-23-2007, 07:55 AM
Lynch is RB, not a LB.

Often the financial side is the easy part; length of the deal is the hold-up.

Most 1st round picks are not signed yet, so not time to panic.

You are over-reacting more than Mikey! That shoudl tell you something. :D

lol im not over reacting. i just think this year we do have something brewing a true sleeper and every bit will help. just think what its like when u miss a week at your job it takes a good while to catch up with the workload. the diff is we all have been probably doing our jobs for years. these rooks(WHO NEED TO BE THE MAN FROM DAY 1) are in seriously learning mode. i believe they need that extra 7 practices this year to be as prepared as possible week 1 when we blow up the overrated broncos!!!

codabills
07-23-2007, 08:05 AM
It would be nice to see these guys the First day of camp though.

gr8slayer
07-23-2007, 08:47 AM

I don't know about that. He didn't meet my expectations of him, granted he is a rookie and all.

Michael82
07-23-2007, 09:24 AM
I don't know about that. He didn't meet my expectations of him, granted he is a rookie and all.
He didn't meet your expectations?!?! :rofl:

what did you expect from him? Pro Bowl in the first year? Don't forget that Whitner went to Ohio State and had to go back to school after the mini-camp. He missed a bunch of the OTCs. I don't think that Poz or Lynch had that problem.

gr8slayer
07-23-2007, 09:25 AM
He didn't meet your expectations?!?! :rofl:

what did you expect from him? Pro Bowl in the first year? Don't forget that Whitner went to Ohio State and had to go back to school after the mini-camp. He missed a bunch of the OTCs. I don't think that Poz or Lynch had that problem.
So what will the excuses be this year if he doesn't turn in a Pro Bowl year?

ddaryl
07-23-2007, 09:25 AM
LMAO at silly impatient, untolerant and incapable of rational thought Bills fans

Michael82
07-23-2007, 09:26 AM
The rest of the defense blew.... :idunno:

The fact that they lost 3 starters could sway my mind that it's not really all his fault that he didn't get into the Pro Bowl. :::

gr8slayer
07-23-2007, 09:28 AM
LMAO at silly impatient, untolerant and incapable of rational thought Bills fans
LMAO at homers who make excuses for sub-par play.

Dr. Lecter
07-23-2007, 09:33 AM

How many 2dn year players go the Pro Bowl???

If you think he was sub-par, there is no sense discussing this with you. One can't make stupid expectations up and expect a player to reach themand then ***** when they don't.

Michael82
07-23-2007, 09:36 AM

If you think he was sub-par, there is no sense discussing this with you. One can't make stupid expectations up and expect a player to reach themand then ***** when they don't.
Excellent post! :bf1:

ddaryl
07-23-2007, 09:44 AM
LMAO at homers who make excuses for sub-par play.

I don't make excuses I just look forward and find the postives because I am a fan who chooses to be happy... not miserable.

If being a homer is enjoying the hobby of being a Bills fan that I am guilty !

Michael82
07-23-2007, 09:48 AM
I don't make excuses I just look forward and find the postives because I am a fan who chooses to be happy... not miserable.

If being a homer is enjoying the hobby of being a Bills fan that I am guilty !
You should wear my homer sig. It's a sign that we are proud to be a Bills fan, no matter what happens. And we will cheer them on even when they suck. :up:

gr8slayer
07-23-2007, 09:51 AM

If you are going to draft someone that high I just personally expect great things from that player. I'm by no means saying "he sucked," I just thought he was no where near as good as some people here are making him out to be. I'm willing to give him four years like I give all rookies before branding them but as a fan I want more out of our number eight pick.

gr8slayer
07-23-2007, 09:52 AM
You should wear my homer sig. It's a sign that we are proud to be a Bills fan, no matter what happens. And we will cheer them on even when they suck. :up:
Hey I'm a poor college kid living in Dallas that has saved up enough money (damn near $2,000) to go watch the Bills play live in Buffalo against Dallas. So I'm not going to buy this whole "your not much of a fan because you don't think all our draft picks are gods" crap.

gr8slayer
07-23-2007, 09:55 AM
Also, to me it's not about Pro-Bowls. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Pro-Bowls are the most overrated things next to QB Ratings. I don't need the media or other people, or meaningless Pro-Bowls to tell me when a player is good or is not good, I have played enough and studied the game enough to have a damn good idea of what is a good player and what is not a good player.

Last year Whitner looked like a sub-par player IN MY OPINION. I have nothing but high hopes for the guy and would love to see him simply dominate. I just personally think he needs to work on some stuff, that is all.

ddaryl
07-23-2007, 10:02 AM

Sure but the signatures have all dissappeared.

Dr. Lecter
07-23-2007, 10:11 AM
If you are going to draft someone that high I just personally expect great things from that player. I'm by no means saying "he sucked," I just thought he was no where near as good as some people here are making him out to be. I'm willing to give him four years like I give all rookies before branding them but as a fan I want more out of our number eight pick.

How many top ten picks did better?

And if you think he looked sub-par, you really were not watching closely.

gr8slayer
07-23-2007, 10:16 AM
How many top ten picks did better?

And if you think he looked sub-par, you really were not watching closely.
Reggie
Vince
A.J. Hawk
D'Brick
Sims
Leinart

Williams, Davis, and Huff all sucked.

Dr. Lecter
07-23-2007, 10:19 AM
D'Brick is questionable at best. He had problems and was roundly criticized in the NY Media.

Leinart had ups and downs.

gr8slayer
07-23-2007, 10:22 AM
D'Brick is questionable at best. He had problems and was roundly criticized in the NY Media.

Leinart had ups and downs.
As did Whitner which is why I'm not saying "he sucked." I think you all are taking "sub-par" the wrong way. He just wasn't spectacular, he didn't do anything that made me say "wow, now that is what I want out of my eighth over-all pick."

Sometimes he looked great, more times than not I thought he looked average or sub-par. He gets four years like everyone else, hopefully next year will be better than last year. That is all.

Put it this way, he didn't do anything that made me forget about Milloy.

Philagape
07-23-2007, 11:01 AM
This question must have been asked every year for a long time, but why do these things always happen at the proverbial last minute? Why aren't deals signed in May and June?

OpIv37
07-23-2007, 11:37 AM
This question must have been asked every year for a long time, but why do these things always happen at the proverbial last minute? Why aren't deals signed in May and June?

because everyone is always waiting for the players who were picked close to them and players of the same position drafted near them sign.

The players don't want to be underpaid, and the teams don't want to pay, so they wait until a baseline is set. The problem is every team ends up waiting on every other team and nothing gets done. Everyone is afraid of making a mistake so no one wants to step up.

I think this is huge for us. Like it or not, we've got a lot riding on Poz and Lynch and even a week out of camp may make a big difference.

justasportsfan
07-23-2007, 11:56 AM
Put it this way, he didn't do anything that made me forget about Milloy.

He did for me and to think he's a rookie who was thrown to the wolves.

PECKERWOOD
07-23-2007, 01:18 PM
Reggie
Vince
A.J. Hawk
D'Brick
Sims
Leinart

I thought Williams, Davis and Huff did pretty good as well. Williams started racking up sacks later in the year, he started slow though. Vernon Davis was amazing before he got injured, this year he is going to blow up into one of the best TE's in the NFL, right along with Antonio Gates. I'm glad Huff was taken a pic before we grabbed Whitner because Donte definately appears to be the better player atleast thus far.

Philagape
07-23-2007, 01:31 PM
Maybe there should be a rule that players can't show up at OTAs unless they're under contract. That would move up the baseline.

gr8slayer
07-23-2007, 01:41 PM
I'm glad Huff was taken a pic before we grabbed Whitner because Donte definately appears to be the better player atleast thus far.
I agree with you on that.

ScottLawrence
07-23-2007, 02:12 PM
Reggie
Vince
A.J. Hawk
D'Brick
Sims
Leinart

D'Brick never impressed me in the several games I saw of him, infact I thought he was pretty bad.

Schobel made him look a fool getting 3 sacks against him in the second meeting against the Jets.

RedEyE
07-23-2007, 03:28 PM
Oh fun... another pissing contest.

gr8slayer
07-24-2007, 09:07 AM
D'Brick never impressed me in the several games I saw of him, infact I thought he was pretty bad.

Schobel made him look a fool getting 3 sacks against him in the second meeting against the Jets.
Schobel made everyone look like a fool last year.