PDA

View Full Version : Dolphins Expected To Have Ginn and Beck Signed Soon

gr8slayer
07-23-2007, 09:08 AM
It appears Dolphins’ rookies Ted Ginn Jr. and John Beck could be close to signing contracts, although they’ll be considered holdouts if they miss Monday’s orientation meetings.
Ginn’s deal seems to be the club’s No. 1 priority at the moment and owner Wayne Huizenga wants to get the deal done. Beck, who could agree to terms as early as Monday, is working out final details.

If they got them both signed today that would mean that they would have every single player signed before the players put on the pads. That's a damn good job by the front office and a horrible job by ours considering we only have a total of what? three players signed? Dolphins doing well makes me sick.

gr8slayer
07-23-2007, 09:09 AM
Dammit! Wrong forum! Would someone please move this.

Static
07-23-2007, 09:31 AM
It is good to see something going smoothly for a change.

DraftBoy
07-23-2007, 09:32 AM
Is Ginn healthy yet?

Michael82
07-23-2007, 09:39 AM
If they got them both signed today that would mean that they would have every single player signed before the players put on the pads. That's a damn good job by the front office and a horrible job by ours considering we only have a total of what? three players signed? Dolphins doing well makes me sick.
They have an early deadline. The Bills deadline for players to come to Rochester is Wednesday. I see the rookies who weren't drafted in the 1st or 2nd round signing today and tomorrow. I think Poz will be here by the weekend. Lynch will take a bit longer, because Peterson is not signed and either is any of the picks ahead of Lynch. i'm guessing that Lynch will be in Rochester and practicing sometime next week. :up:

The Spaz
07-23-2007, 10:16 AM
I mean yeah we are terrible so many other teams have there 1st rounder inked...:rolleyes:

gr8slayer
07-23-2007, 10:16 AM
It is good to see something going smoothly for a change.
We'll still beat you :D

Static
07-23-2007, 10:24 AM
We'll still beat you :D

maybe :couch:

gr8slayer
07-23-2007, 10:57 AM
Beck Signed:

Dolphins agreed to terms with second-round QB John Beck on a four-year contract. The deal includes $2.25 million in guarantees.
Beck, the fourth signal caller drafted in April, completed 69 percent of his passes as a senior at Brigham Young, where he started all four years. Beck seems likely to pass Cleo Lemon to become Trent Green's top backup by mid-season. The Dolphins will now turn their attention to No. 9 pick Ted Ginn.

duhbilz
07-23-2007, 11:03 AM
Beck Signed:

Wow, they had 10 picks.

gr8slayer
07-23-2007, 11:05 AM
Wow, they had 10 picks.
So now they've signed everyone but Ginn Jr.

Hell of a job by that FO.

gr8slayer
07-23-2007, 11:16 AM
The Redskins are expected to sign LaRon Landry by the end of the week.
This week will be filled with rookie signings. Contract talks between the 'Skins and Landry's representatives will heat up within the next 24 hours.

Static
07-23-2007, 11:26 AM

They had to get something right.

LtFinFan66
07-23-2007, 12:33 PM
I mean yeah we are terrible so many other teams have there 1st rounder inked...:rolleyes:We are talking all draft picks not just the 1st rounder

!Papacrunk!
07-23-2007, 05:49 PM

that or they're dealing with some positive easy going agents. One agent was quoted as saying we don't hold out. I was reading on a different forum (phinzmania) that they have the bulk of the Ginn contract done it may be the incentives that they're ironing out (no link).

I got this from the Sun Sentinel:

The team's top pick, receiver/returner Ted Ginn, is the only one of the Dolphins' 10 draft picks still unsigned, but he is registered at the team hotel and indications are that the ninth overall pick will sign in time to be at the first practice of rookie camp Tuesday morning.