Atlanta Journal-Constitution: Falcons Could Release Vick This Week!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gr8slayer
    • Feb 2005

Atlanta Journal-Constitution: Falcons Could Release Vick This Week!

Speaking on ESPN, the Atlanta Journal-Constituion's Steve Wyche said that the Falcons could possibly release Michael Vick this week.
    There would be some nasty cap consequences, but its at least an option. Vick could also be suspended by the team or receive a leave of absence. With training camp looming, look for a decision to come down by Tuesday or Wednesday. Vick isn't likely to attend camp.
    To me this would show a lot of class by Blank. I'm all for it, show the fans that you are a family first organization.
  • Scumbag College
    • Oct 2002

Re: Stlanta Journal-Constitution: Falcons Could Release Vick This Week!

I would be shocked if the Falcons released him before he's convicted of anything.
    Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• mikemac2001
      is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
      • Mar 2003

Re: Atlanta Journal-Constitution: Falcons Could Release Vick This Week!

O no what about the vickers in madden

i hope they cut him it would be funny....

MUCK
      FIAMI

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
        Pinkerton's son
        • Feb 2006

Do it! show em what you're made of!

Comment

• gr8slayer
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Scumbag College
          I would be shocked if the Falcons released him before he's convicted of anything.
          I wouldn't be. Blank is a no-nonsense kind of guy who is a smart business man. I think he thinks that the fans will respect him more.

I think he also understands the back-lash that is about to come. I mean hell, P.E.T.A. is already protesting outside of NFL headquarters. Can you imagine having those psychos parading at the entrance to the stadium when you're trying to take your kids out for some good, clean family fun.

I would support this move 100%

Comment

• gr8slayer
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by mikemac2001
            O no what about the vickers in madden

i hope they cut him it would be funny....
            It would be getting what he deserves.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
              Lets GO BUFFALO!!
              • Jun 2005

I doubt it will happen. I think the Team and the NFL will give him a leave of absence with pay until its over. But heres to hoping they cut the no talent QB(should be a RB)

Comment

• mikemac2001
                • Mar 2003

Good point about peta

protestors are so annoying and it doesnt even matter the subject...there so obnoxious

MUCK
                FIAMI

Comment

• gr8slayer
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by mikemac2001
                  Good point about peta

protestors are so annoying and it doesnt even matter the subject...there so obnoxious
                  And P.E.T.A. are flat out extremists. I could see those protests getting real ugly with them.

Comment

• Michael82
                    • Jul 2002

That would be ****ing awesome! It would also help assure where Daunte Culpepper will go.

Comment

• billsburgh
                      • Jul 2003

I wonder if they would be able to recoup a portion of his signing bonus as well like the fins did with Ricky Williams

Comment

• gr8slayer
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Mikey82
                        That would be ****ing awesome! It would also help assure where Daunte Culpepper will go.
                        They said last week that they have absolutely no interest in Culpepper at all. I have a friend who is as big a Falcon fan as I am a Bills fan and according to him the Falcons have been looking for a reason to get rid of Vick because they are apparently very high on D.J. Shockley.

Comment

• mikemac2001
                          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by gr8slayer
                          They said last week that they have absolutely no interest in Culpepper at all. I have a friend who is as big a Falcon fan as I am a Bills fan and according to him the Falcons have been looking for a reason to get rid of Vick because they are apparently very high on D.J. Shockley.

Ya shockley is mobile to which is what patrino wants in his offense

MUCK
                          FIAMI

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                            Zero for Zero!
                            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by billsburgh
                            I wonder if they would be able to recoup a portion of his signing bonus as well like the fins did with Ricky Williams
                            That would one reason not to cut him. As I understand it a team can not go after partials signing bonus's if they cut the player, they can only do so if the league suspends the player or he leaves the team.
                            Originally posted by mysticsoto
                            Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Michael82
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by gr8slayer
                              Hmmm, that's just weird! Interesting tho.....

Comment

Working...
                              X