PDA

View Full Version : Chargers Are Very Close To Signing Craig Davis

gr8slayer
07-23-2007, 10:00 AM
The Chargers are close to signing first-round rookie WR Craig Davis.
The LSU product is expected to receive about $7.8 million over five years and the deal could be announced on Monday. Davis and incumbent Eric Parker are likely battling to start opposite Vincent Jackson.

Dammit Ralph and Marv, wake up from the afternoon nap and get 'er done.

ddaryl
07-23-2007, 10:06 AM
You're not really nervous are you.

the chips will start falling this week and I bet the farm we will have everyone signed. We may be a few days late but I still don't think it is anything to get hyper about IMO.

gr8slayer
07-23-2007, 10:08 AM
You're not really nervous are you.

the chips will start falling this week and I bet the farm we will have everyone signed. We may be a few days late but I still don't think it is anything to get hyper about IMO.
I just hate holdouts, last year with Whitner I thought I was going to go crazy. Also, I want to get Lynch into camp so we can see him play against NO on the 10th. I happen to think that he is the best RB in this class and has Marshall/Jones-Drew like skills. Now I want to be proven right!

gr8slayer
07-23-2007, 03:46 PM
Chargers signed first-round WR Craig Davis to a five-year contract.
His deal is expected to be worth roughly $7.8 million. Despite receiving far less fanfare than Dwayne Bowe, the LSU alum was considered the surest-handed wideout on the Tigers' roster. If the Bolts decide Eric Parker should focus on punt returns, Davis will have a good chance to start right away.