PDA

View Full Version : Bills Claim WR Smith; Release Two

justasportsfan
07-23-2007, 10:25 AM
A familiar face will be lining up at wideout when Bills training camp ensues next Thursday as the club claimed one of their former draft picks off waivers over the weekend. Former seventh-round pick (2004) Jonathan "Freddie" Smith was picked up by Buffalo a day after being waived by New England.

The wide receiver appeared in 16 games with the Bills in 2004 and 2005 before being released by the club in 2006 prior to the conclusion of training camp. Smith, who is tight with the majority of the receivers still on the roster is likely pleased to be returning to familiar surroundings.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=4936

Dozerdog
07-23-2007, 10:27 AM
Good!

I liked the kid-

gr8slayer
07-23-2007, 10:27 AM
I think this was already posted. Good news though.

OpIv37
07-23-2007, 10:34 AM
SUPER BOWL HERE WE COME!

Actually, I'm not sure that Jonathan Smith is the answer but we do need someone to challenge at WR.

In addition, I seem to remember that he can return kicks and punts, which is good because McGee is now our #1 corner and hence may not be on return duty. And while Parrish is flashy returning punts, he's also bone-headed at times, so having a challenger behind him may help keep his head in the game.

gr8slayer
07-23-2007, 10:37 AM
SUPER BOWL HERE WE COME!

Actually, I'm not sure that Jonathan Smith is the answer but we do need someone to challenge at WR.

In addition, I seem to remember that he can return kicks and punts, which is good because McGee is now our #1 corner and hence may not be on return duty. And while Parrish is flashy returning punts, he's also bone-headed at times, so having a challenger behind him may help keep his head in the game.
ST's can never be good enough. Smith is a hell of an asset as a return guy.

justasportsfan
07-23-2007, 10:38 AM
Good!

I liked the kid-

So did I but I'm not expecting much

justasportsfan
07-23-2007, 10:40 AM
SUPER BOWL HERE WE COME!

Don't get too excited.

Smith = Andre Davis. Both signed signed by the bills after the Pats cut them.

gr8slayer
07-23-2007, 10:41 AM
Don't get too excited.

Yeah but we've seen with our own eyes what Smith can bring to the table. Davis just sucked.

OpIv37
07-23-2007, 10:43 AM
Don't get too excited.

well Smith isn't great at WR, but I can tell you from his first stint here that he's a much better ST player than Davis.

justasportsfan
07-23-2007, 10:44 AM
well Smith isn't great at WR, but I can tell you from his first stint here that he's a much better ST player than Davis.
Davis was our best gunner last year. The only thing I agree with Moran about.

gr8slayer
07-23-2007, 10:44 AM
Davis was our best gunner last year. The only thing I agree with Moran about.
That he was.

Meathead
07-23-2007, 11:11 AM
Jonathan
freddie

OpIv37
07-23-2007, 11:23 AM
freddie

If he plays well, he can call himself Muhammed Jesus Ganesh Buddha Smith for all I care.

njsue
07-23-2007, 11:25 AM
Speed Kills! :snicker:

Luisito23
07-23-2007, 11:26 AM
SUPER BOWL HERE WE COME!!!!

Finally something we can all agree on!.....:beers:....

GO BILLS!!!!!