PDA

View Full Version : Atlanta zoners/fans

Bill Brasky
07-23-2007, 11:01 PM
I'm curious to know what people are saying about the Vick situation on local tv/sports radio/message boards?

What is the general consensus on this guy, coming from the ATL fanbase?

DraftBoy
07-23-2007, 11:22 PM
Really depends we have two afternoon drive time stations that do sports Buck and Kinkade on 680 and The Stu's on 790. The Stu's do an hour of their show nationally and are also on First Take doing 1st and 10 sometimes. Kinkade has his own Sunday show on ESPN radio. Buck and Kinkade seem to want to string this guy up and hang him out to dry, while The Stu's have taken the racial angle on it, and are really sad to listen to. They continue to portray it and wont take calls to question it. I know because Ive called up there.

gr8slayer
07-24-2007, 09:02 AM
I'm curious to know what people are saying about the Vick situation on local tv/sports radio/message boards?

What is the general consensus on this guy, coming from the ATL fanbase?
I know a handful of people who are from ATL and are Falcon fans (poor bastards.) According to them the fan base is pretty split on the situation.

Bill Brasky
07-24-2007, 04:42 PM
unreal! how could anyone condone this? unless of course they are blinded by racial motivation?

The last buffalo fan
07-24-2007, 04:44 PM
unreal! how could anyone condone this? unless of course they are blinded by racial motivation?

Why, is he white?

RedEyE
07-24-2007, 04:45 PM
All of the fans I've talked to here in Atlanta pretty much think he's a piece of **** and are ready to give Shockley a shot. The UGA fan base in Atlanta far exceeds the Falcons fan base.

RedEyE
07-24-2007, 04:46 PM
Fans were split on him last year. This just sent some stragglers deep over the edge.

Bill Brasky
07-24-2007, 04:51 PM
water bottle incident - which i think was far too easily forgotten and swept under the rug

ron mexico - though it wasn't illegal still raises character issues on his part

and now this?

how anybody can still be on the guy's bandwagon is beyond me.

his younger brother is a rotten apple too... and those don't fall too far from the tree.

RedEyE
07-24-2007, 04:54 PM
Not to mention the delivery of the league's demand that he remain away from camp. I heard on the radio today that the league has received word that some of the accusations filed against Vick are "extremly disturbing". I think this is just the icing on the cake. This story has yet to really break wide open.

casdhf
07-24-2007, 04:55 PM
Prison time will do him good.

RedEyE
07-24-2007, 04:57 PM
Aurthur Blank held a confrence with the media today and basically felt that the charges against Vick were serios enough that 'Mike should take his advice and focus on the legal battle ahead of him'.

The last buffalo fan
07-24-2007, 04:59 PM
he can be one of the football's great athletes, but he always will be an *******.

Bill Brasky
07-24-2007, 05:05 PM
on one hand i feel it's really bad that they have all but convicted him before a trial, but my god the evidence is unbelievable and some of the stuff i have read is just disgusting.

i feel that a person should be able to go about their business until proven guilty, but in this case they might have done the right thing in telling him to just stay away. it would have caused a mad frenzy in the least...

don137
07-24-2007, 05:24 PM
The NFL did not have much choice. The more Vick is around a football field the bigger the black eye it givesthe NFL. While Vick is warranted due process the NFL realizes a publicty nightmare if Vick plays until after the trial or until more facts are known that shows he's innocent (if their are facts that prove he is innocent).

HHURRICANE
07-24-2007, 11:15 PM
Really depends we have two afternoon drive time stations that do sports Buck and Kinkade on 680 and The Stu's on 790. The Stu's do an hour of their show nationally and are also on First Take doing 1st and 10 sometimes. Kinkade has his own Sunday show on ESPN radio. Buck and Kinkade seem to want to string this guy up and hang him out to dry, while The Stu's have taken the racial angle on it, and are really sad to listen to. They continue to portray it and wont take calls to question it. I know because Ive called up there.

This sums it up. Good post. "Stu-Live-Crew" were the first to defend Vick on the water bottle incident saying it was nothing and the media wanted to condemn Vick. Now he's a victim.

Most fans in Atlanta knew we couldn't win a Super Bowl with Vick just based on his talent.

HAMMER
07-24-2007, 11:22 PM
water bottle incident - which i think was far too easily forgotten and swept under the rug

ron mexico - though it wasn't illegal still raises character issues on his part

and now this?

how anybody can still be on the guy's bandwagon is beyond me.

his younger brother is a rotten apple too... and those don't fall too far from the tree.

...and let's not forget flippin the bird to his home fans.

lordofgun
07-24-2007, 11:48 PM
OMG are the stu's the most boring talk show hosts ever or what?

Michael82
07-25-2007, 12:47 AM
...and let's not forget flippin the bird to his home fans.
Exactly! If I was a Falcon fan, I would be pissed at the team for giving up Matt Schaub, especially when I already knew that Vick was a piece of **** and was never going to be a great Quarterback.