PDA

View Full Version : Kelly Campbell Was Arrested While Still A Dolphin

gr8slayer
07-24-2007, 08:36 AM
Kelly Campbell was arrested on drug charges on July 3, two days prior to being waived by the Dolphins, reports the South Florida Sun-Sentinel.
Campbell was the fourth Dolphins player to be arrested this year, a list that includes Joey Porter and Chris Chambers. Like Campbell, defensive lineman Fred Evans was also waived by the team following his arrest.No wonder they are leading the PFT.com Turd Watch. Miami now leads all teams by a HUGE MARGIN with 68 Turd Watch Points. Behind them is Jacksonville with 42 followed by Tennessee with 31.

User Manuel
07-24-2007, 08:53 AM
No wonder they are leading the PFT.com Turd Watch. Miami now leads all teams by a HUGE MARGIN with 68 Turd Watch Points. Behind them is Jacksonville with 42 followed by Tennessee with 31.

Wonder why Evans and Campbell were cut, but Porter and Chambers were not?

Can anyone help me with this?:sigh:

Seventeen&0
07-24-2007, 01:32 PM

Chamber's was not above the legal limit
Porter was fined by the league and according to Cam, handled the situation like a professional, was upfront and forthright.

Evans and Campbell were drug related...Cam "will not condone this type of behavior"

In other words, Chambers and Porter are starters and Evans and Campbell are not. Just to keep it real:)
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

PECKERWOOD
07-24-2007, 01:35 PM
The Miami Bengals, I mean Dolphins.

LtFinFan66
07-24-2007, 02:00 PM
You guys must be bored in the off-season. At least Cam is doing the right thing and not putting up with it. That's a step further away from a Bengal like organization

gr8slayer
07-24-2007, 02:00 PM
You guys must be bored in the off-season. At least Cam is doing the right thing and not putting up with it. That's a step further away from a Bengal like organization
This year the Dolphins lead the Bengals in the turd watch.

LtFinFan66
07-24-2007, 02:02 PM
I disagree with that. Their issues from last year should carry over.

Seventeen&0
07-24-2007, 02:03 PM
Miami Bengals...that's funny.

However, I will back up my boys a little by saying that our new staff has gotten rid of some talent based on behavior...ie: Randy McMichael.
So he's not just letting go of non-starters.

But, ya, it's been a little embarrassing this off season to be a Fin fan.

gr8slayer
07-24-2007, 02:03 PM
I disagree with that. Their issues from last year should carry over.
I don't know how they are doing it, I just know that the Dolphins are ahead :idunno:

gr8slayer
07-24-2007, 02:04 PM

However, I will back up my boys a little by saying that our new staff has gotten rid of some talent based on behavior...ie: Randy McMichael.

Was McMichael really that big of a loss?

LtFinFan66
07-24-2007, 02:06 PM
No

gr8slayer
07-24-2007, 02:08 PM
No
That's what I was thinking. Bad example.

Voltron
At least Cam has the stones to do something. *cough* Mike Summers *cough*

Seventeen&0
Was McMichael really that big of a loss?

Mmm, ya, I think he could have done well in our new system with Cam. Antonio Gates benefited from it. Not saying McMichaels is Gates, but it is a TE friendly system.

justasportsfan
07-24-2007, 02:09 PM

can't wait to see what Cam will do once Porter or any other starters gets into trouble with the law down there.

Voltron
07-24-2007, 02:11 PM
Mmm, ya, I think he could have done well in our new system with Cam. Antonio Gates benefited from it. Not saying McMichaels is Gates, but it is a TE friendly system.
I tend to agree. His talents were wasted last year. I picked him up on my fantasy team last year very late round and thought I got a steal. :ill:

gr8slayer
07-24-2007, 02:12 PM
Well, McMichael can't catch so the system might not have helped at all.

Seventeen&0
07-24-2007, 02:14 PM
I tend to agree. His talents were wasted last year. I picked him up on my fantasy team last year very late round and thought I got a steal. :ill:

He may be a good pick up this year, now that he's with St. Louis under Linehan. But, wasted talent is a good description of McMichael while with the fins.

Voltron
07-24-2007, 02:20 PM
Well, McMichael can't catch so the system might not have helped at all.

Sorry gr8slayer but McMichael had no problems catching 73 passes for 791 yards in 2004 and 60 passes for 582 yards in 2005.

Heck his entire 2004 season he got more yards than all of our TEs in the last 4 years!

Voltron
07-24-2007, 02:22 PM
Well at least I didn't get as screwed as the guy who used his 2nd rnd pick on Culpep :evil:

gr8slayer
07-24-2007, 02:23 PM
Sorry gr8slayer but McMichael had no problems catching 73 passes for 791 yards in 2004 and 60 passes for 582 yards in 2005.

Heck his entire 2004 season he got more yards than all of our TEs in the last 4 years!
2004 was his only good season. He sucked the rest of the way.

Voltron
07-24-2007, 02:25 PM
2004 was his only good season. He sucked the rest of the way.
Yeah his 5 TDs in 2005 were worthless. :;

I am not bashing you at all. But this is the Billszone forum not the smackzone.

gr8slayer
07-24-2007, 02:27 PM
Yeah his 5 TDs in 2005 were worthless. :;

I am not bashing you at all. But this is the Billszone forum not the smackzone.
I tell it like I see it, I don't care what forum I'm in. After 2004 I thought he was a top tier TE, after that he looked like Robert Royal.

Voltron
07-24-2007, 02:27 PM
I tell it like I see it, I don't care what forum I'm in. After 2004 I thought he was a top tier TE, after that he looked like Robert Royal.
Now that's just mean :rofl:

don137
07-24-2007, 02:31 PM

Yea, protecting his star players and dumping the bad ones is honorable...I am not saying most teams wouldn't do the same thing however I wouldn't say it is the "right" thing

LtFinFan66
07-24-2007, 02:40 PM
Porter got in a fight. No big deal

Chambers- his issue is somewhat fishy

You guys can think what you want as I know you will since we are rivals

don137
07-24-2007, 03:12 PM

DWAI, going 75 in a 45 and reckless driving...couldn't say the alphabet at sobriety point....yet it is fishy? Poor Chambers. He's must be the victim of an overzealous media.

gr8slayer
07-24-2007, 03:14 PM
DWAI, going 75 in a 45 and reckless driving...couldn't say the alphabet at sobriety point....yet it is fishy? Poor Chambers. He's must be the victim of an overzealous media.
Or racial profiling .

gr8slayer
07-24-2007, 03:15 PM

How ironic.

dolphan117
07-24-2007, 04:54 PM
I kinda figured it was something like this. You don't re-sign a guy and then cut him a couple months later before TC has even started unless the guy screwed up somehow.

!Papacrunk!
07-24-2007, 06:36 PM
outside of his off the field problems I was/am a McMichael fan. He seems to bring some great attitude to the offense, but after having the dropsies it seems like the high energy gets to be a lot of hot air. On the one side it seems like he may have been hurt by not so good QB play, but on the other side Harrington really seems to lean on his TEs and McMichael's production still went down. I really think (going off of my gut)that McMichael will really bounce back w/ a reunion w/ Linehan and having a guy like Bulger throwing to him.

In regards to Campbell, the guy hasn't played a game since '04 (off the top of my head) because of injuriesand with a glut of receivers w/ a majority of them being young, I really didn't see Campbell making the 53 player roster in the 1st place. The arrest just put him over the release hump.

PECKERWOOD
07-24-2007, 07:28 PM

I thought every offseason would be embarrassing to be a phins fan. :D

Seventeen&0
07-25-2007, 10:59 AM
I thought every offseason would be embarrassing to be a phins fan. :D

No,no...just the last few. Usually they're pretty good. Now if I were a Texan fan, that would be embarrassing.