Ray Emery, Senators agree on new deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BlackMetalNinja
    I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
    • May 2005

Ray Emery, Senators agree on new deal

TORONTO -- Ray Emery and the Ottawa Senators avoided salary arbitration Tuesday by agreeing to a three-year deal worth $9.5 million that makes him one of the NHL's highest paid goalies.

Ray Emery

Goaltender
    Ottawa Senators

2007 Season Stats
    GM W L T SV% GAA
    58 33 16 0 .918 2.47

The 24-year-old was a restricted free agent. He will earn $2.75 million next season, $3.25 million in 2008-09 and $3.5 million in 2009-10 -- for an annual average of $3.16 million, a big raise over the $925,000 he made last season. He will be an unrestricted free agent at the end of the contract.
    Emery's average eclipses the $2.66 million average salaries earned by Buffalo goalie Ryan Miller (signed last summer) and Carolina's Cam Ward, and is less than the $4.25-million, one-year deal signed by New York Rangers starter Henrik Lundqvist.
    Ray Emery and the Ottawa Senators avoided salary arbitration Tuesday by agreeing to a three-year deal worth $9.5 million moments before the two sides began their hearing.
  • chernobylwraiths
    • Jan 2003

Re: Ray Emery, Senators agree on new deal

Highest paid goalies at 3.2 mil a year? I don't think so. I would think it would put him maybe around the middle in the league. Didn't Biron get a better contract?

Comment

Working...
    X