PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Evans Extension coming?

Devin
07-24-2007, 10:30 AM
I hate when people post these things so I will start by saying this is a rumor and nothing is confirmed. But while on the road today I heard a short blurb on Sirius that Buffalo is working on a long term deal for Lee Evans. They didnt say anything about terms but as expected they did mention to expect it to be along similar terms as Andre Johnson.

If I hear anything else it will be posted. Take it for what its worth.

Luisito23
07-24-2007, 10:33 AM
:drool:...

GO BILLS!!!!!

Night Train
07-24-2007, 10:33 AM
He's our best player and priority #1 for a new contract, IMO.

justasportsfan
07-24-2007, 10:35 AM

gr8slayer
07-24-2007, 10:36 AM
I normally would call BS but I believe you Devin.

The last buffalo fan
07-24-2007, 10:42 AM
:beers: :pray:

Devin
07-24-2007, 10:43 AM
Yeah I mean I dont like posting rumors, and normally only do if ive heard it from some sort of news outlet myself. It was a quick hit type thing and I have no idea how far along things are.

OpIv37
07-24-2007, 10:44 AM
this would be great news.

now, wtf is going on with Lynch and Poz? I haven't even heard any rumors about them yet.

gr8slayer
07-24-2007, 10:46 AM
Yeah I mean I dont like posting rumors, and normally only do if ive heard it from some sort of news outlet myself. It was a quick hit type thing and I have no idea how far along things are.
I don't see why they wouldn't strike up a deal. We have a ton of cash just laying around.

Michael82
07-24-2007, 10:47 AM
That would be ****ing awesome!!! :drool:

:pray:

gr8slayer
07-24-2007, 10:52 AM

There'd still be people that would complain.

gil
07-24-2007, 10:52 AM
this would be great news.

now, wtf is going on with Lynch and Poz? I haven't even heard any rumors about them yet.

I'm hoping no news is good news when it comes to those two and am at least happy that we haven't had any posturing by either side - I think they'll get done by camp.

Philagape
07-24-2007, 10:53 AM

Michael82
07-24-2007, 10:55 AM
I'm hoping no news is good news when it comes to those two and am at least happy that we haven't had any posturing by either side - I think they'll get done by camp.
I don't share the same views as you. I believe that Poz will be here by the weekend. Lynch will be here in the middle of next week.

gr8slayer
07-24-2007, 10:55 AM
I don't.

madness
07-24-2007, 10:56 AM

I can even put into words how ****ing awesome that would be!

:gobills:

gr8slayer
07-24-2007, 10:56 AM
I don't share the same views as you. I believe that Poz will be here by the weekend. Lynch will be here in the middle of next week.
Which will suck, I want to see Lynch play vs. the Saints and he won't if he gets here middle of next week.

Saratoga Slim
07-24-2007, 11:05 AM
I don't.

I don't either. I expect that both are going to be a little late. But who knows, we certainly haven't heard any indication that talks are stalled

gr8slayer
07-24-2007, 11:06 AM
I don't either. I expect that both are going to be a little late. But who knows, we certainly haven't heard any indication that talks are stalledTrue and I'd like to think that both guys WANT TO be here and we can get it done quick.

Michael82
07-24-2007, 11:08 AM
Which will suck, I want to see Lynch play vs. the Saints and he won't if he gets here middle of next week.
I don't know...the Saints game isn't until August 10th. If he gets here next week, he will play in the Saints game. He may not see a ton of time, but he will get a few reps in the game.

justasportsfan
07-24-2007, 11:09 AM
I have a feeling Corto will hold out.

gr8slayer
07-24-2007, 11:09 AM
I have a feeling Corto will hold out.
And that would be a bad thing?

justasportsfan
07-24-2007, 11:18 AM
And that would be a bad thing?
yes.

gr8slayer
07-24-2007, 11:19 AM
yes.
Why because he's a local guy? Explain.

justasportsfan
07-24-2007, 11:24 AM
Why because he's a local guy? Explain.No!

Bulldog
07-24-2007, 11:28 AM
I know justa is just messing around. But I have a feeling Marv would tell Corto to lick his hairy beanbag if he said he was holding out.

Bulldog
07-24-2007, 11:52 AM
What does Davis's contract extension look like?

Carlton Bailey
07-24-2007, 11:55 AM
An Evans extension would make my offseason. He truly is the next Marvin Harrison, except more outgoing.

gr8slayer
07-24-2007, 11:56 AM
An Evans extension would make my offseason. He truly is the next Marvin Harrison, except more outgoing.
And faster.

mikemac2001
07-24-2007, 12:05 PM
Look what evans has done with this shaky offense we have had, he needs to be signed long term or we made a huge mistake....I love JP but evans is more important imo

Stewie
07-24-2007, 01:25 PM
There'd still be people that would complain.

Ironically enough, some people already did before you posted that.

PECKERWOOD
07-24-2007, 01:56 PM
Damn, same kind of money that Andre Johnson is getting? I love Lee but AJ lead the NFL in receptions last year.

Philagape
07-24-2007, 02:02 PM
Damn, same kind of money that Andre Johnson is getting? I love Lee but AJ lead the NFL in receptions last year.

Evans had more yards, TDs and a much better average per catch. He deserves it.

Bulldog
07-24-2007, 02:13 PM
Johnson's deal is 8 years, $60 million, with $15 million in guranteed money. Evans would be a steal at that price. I for one don't think Evans agent would advise him to aceept a deal like that. I think he could demand much more than that in the open market. But, you take the chance of risking injury the longer you wait. What a tough situation to be in. Do I sign for $60 million now, or should I wait and possibly make even more? Decisions, decisions.

jamze132
07-24-2007, 04:04 PM
I think it's smart to re-sign Evans now before he catches 100 passes thisd year.

And for everyone who is freaking out because our top 2 draft picks are yet to be signed, they will sign when the guys behind them sign. It will all fall into place very soon. Obviously some guys throughout the NFL will be absent for the first couple of days, but I am not too worried.

PECKERWOOD
07-24-2007, 07:42 PM
Evans had more yards, TDs and a much better average per catch. He deserves it.

I'm not saying he doesn't deserve it but at this point Johnson has been a much more consistent player than Lee Evans, look at the previous 4 years instead of just ONE season. See the bigger picture. Evans had a GREAT year but he needs to repeat it before I'm convinced that he is an elite WR.

Lee Evans:
<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg1 align=middle><TD>G</TD><TD>GS</TD><TD>Rec</TD><TD>Yds</TD><TD>Avg</TD><TD>Lg</TD><TD>TD</TD><TD>20+</TD><TD>40+</TD><TD>1st</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg2 id=total_CAREER_RECEIVER vAlign=center align=right height=15><TD class=bg4>48</TD><TD class=bg4>41</TD><TD class=bg4>178</TD><TD class=bg4>2878</TD><TD class=bg4>16.2</TD><TD class=bg4>83</TD><TD class=bg4>24</TD><TD class=bg4>37</TD><TD class=bg4>19</TD><TD class=bg4>120</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Andre Johnson:
<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg1 align=middle><TD>G</TD><TD>GS</TD><TD>Rec</TD><TD>Yds</TD><TD>Avg</TD><TD>Lg</TD><TD>TD</TD><TD>20+</TD><TD>40+</TD><TD>1st</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg3 id=total_CAREER_RECEIVER vAlign=center align=right height=15><TD class=bg4>61</TD><TD class=bg4>61</TD><TD class=bg4>311</TD><TD class=bg4>3953</TD><TD class=bg4>12.7</TD><TD class=bg4>54</TD><TD class=bg4>17</TD><TD class=bg4>51</TD><TD class=bg4>11</TD><TD class=bg4>193</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Now I'm not saying Lee isn't as good as Johnson, he has the potential of being even better, but AJ has proved year in and year out that he is a force to be reckoned with, Evans has yet to do that.

gr8slayer
07-24-2007, 07:47 PM
I'm not saying he doesn't deserve it but at this point Johnson has been a much more consistent player than Lee Evans, look at the previous 4 years instead of just ONE season. See the bigger picture. Evans had a GREAT year but he needs to repeat it before I'm convinced that he is an elite WR.

Lee Evans:
<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg2 id=total_CAREER_RECEIVER vAlign=center align=right height=15><TD class=bg4>48</TD><TD class=bg4>41</TD><TD class=bg4>178</TD><TD class=bg4>2878</TD><TD class=bg4>16.2</TD><TD class=bg4>83</TD><TD class=bg4>24</TD><TD class=bg4>37</TD><TD class=bg4>19</TD><TD class=bg4>120</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Andre Johnson:
<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg3 id=total_CAREER_RECEIVER vAlign=center align=right height=15><TD class=bg4>61</TD><TD class=bg4>61</TD><TD class=bg4>311</TD><TD class=bg4>3953</TD><TD class=bg4>12.7</TD><TD class=bg4>54</TD><TD class=bg4>17</TD><TD class=bg4>51</TD><TD class=bg4>11</TD><TD class=bg4>193</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Now I'm not saying Lee isn't as good as Johnson, he has the potential of being even better, but AJ has proved year in and year out that he is a force to be reckoned with, Evans has yet to do that.
Evans will get the same or better money because the cap has gone up. Johnson would get a lot more if he did his deal after the increase.

Bling
07-24-2007, 07:50 PM
I bet it was a lowball offer. He'll eventually become a FA, and land in Miami where we can trade Chambers to the Bills for a 1st.

PECKERWOOD
07-24-2007, 08:09 PM
Groan me all you want, but my point is made.

Philagape
07-24-2007, 08:30 PM

I have no doubt. It's about upside, and he's showed enough to make past years irrelevant

Philagape
07-24-2007, 08:33 PM
and those stats show Evans is 3.5 yards better in YPC and has seven more TDs in significantly fewer games

Bling
07-24-2007, 08:52 PM
Groan me all you want, but my point is made.

You made a legit point. I don't buy Evans won't have more great years, but old man Marv should bring that to the negotiation table.

PECKERWOOD
07-24-2007, 09:22 PM
and those stats show Evans is 3.5 yards better in YPC and has seven more TDs in significantly fewer games

They also show that Johnson has stepped up to the plate more consistently and he has been their #1 WR since his rookie season! Last year was Lee Evans first year as a starter, you can't tell me that he didn't benefit from having Eric Moulds taking double coverage from Lee consistently! Seriously, I can go on if you want.

PECKERWOOD
07-24-2007, 09:28 PM
I have no doubt. It's about upside, and he's showed enough to make past years irrelevant

There is simply a difference in philosophy. You would rather pay for potential, while I would rather pay for the proven. Lee Evans had a fantastic year but you guys are hoisting this guy on such a pedestal that it isn't even funny. The homerism is so thick in this thread that I could cut it with a knife. Let's be realistic here, when you compare Lee to AJ, there is alot for Lee to prove. How many 100 reception seasons does Lee Evans have? 0-3. How many does AJ have? 2-4. You're also forgetting that Houston has an OL worst than ours and a QB that was worst than ours as well. Lee Evans has ALOT to prove. One good season isn't enough for me to crown somebody, sorry, he must earn it.

Goobylal
07-24-2007, 09:34 PM
Last year was Lee Evans first year as a starter, you can't tell me that he didn't benefit from having Eric Moulds taking double coverage from Lee consistently!
Funny. Moulds wasn't on the Bills last year, when Evans had a great season, but he WAS on the Texans and AJ had his Pro Bowl year (actually, he had a better season in 2004, and neither was Pro Bowl worthy IMHO, but they gave it to him because of his 100+ catches). And Evans hasn't averaged less than 15.5 YPC while Johnson has never averaged more than 14.8 YPC. Not to mention the TD totals.

Philagape
07-24-2007, 09:35 PM
They also show that Johnson has stepped up to the plate more consistently and he has been their #1 WR since his rookie season! Last year was Lee Evans first year as a starter, you can't tell me that he didn't benefit from having Eric Moulds taking double coverage from Lee consistently! Seriously, I can go on if you want.

And look what Evans did in his first year as a No.1 (I think that's what you meant)... had a better year than Johnson ever has. With a young QB and double coverage on a generally crappy offense.
Have them trade careers and I'll bet anything the results would be similar.

BillsPride12
07-24-2007, 09:38 PM
Forget looking at stats, all you have to do is watch the games and realize Evans is the real deal. He can burn you with the deep routes, has speed, great hands, he can make the tough catches where JP has to thread the needle, I remember a couple of passes where the db was in Lee's face and had him screened where he couldn't see anything but he still made the catch, if you are going to wear #83 as a WR in Buffalo you better bring your A game, luckily for us this guy has lived up to all expectations. I wish we had someone to complement him though so we could really open up our passing game:pray:

Philagape
07-24-2007, 09:39 PM
There is simply a difference in philosophy. You would rather pay for potential, while I would rather pay for the proven. Lee Evans had a fantastic year but you guys are hoisting this guy on such a pedestal that it isn't even funny. The homerism is so thick in this thread that I could cut it with a knife. Let's be realistic here, when you compare Lee to AJ, there is alot for Lee to prove. How many 100 reception seasons does Lee Evans have? 0-3. How many does AJ have? 2-4. You're also forgetting that Houston has an OL worst than ours and a QB that was worst than ours as well. Lee Evans has ALOT to prove. One good season isn't enough for me to crown somebody, sorry, he must earn it.

If receptions is all you have, that's the least relevant stat there is for a WR. You know who was second in catches last year in the whole NFL? Mike Furrey. Does that make him the second-best WR in the league?

And Evans has had three good seasons in his respective role each season.

And ask around to see if I'm a homer. :funny:

Generalissimus Gibby
07-24-2007, 09:41 PM
And now Pat Moran will tell us why this is bad, seriously Pat other than proving that you are sort of clueless why is this a bad thing?

PECKERWOOD
07-24-2007, 09:43 PM
And look what Evans did in his first year as a No.1 (I think that's what you meant)... had a better year than Johnson ever has. With a young QB and double coverage on a generally crappy offense.
Have them trade careers and I'll bet anything the results would be similar.

My point is that AJ has been getting double covered since his freaking rookie season. He has proven that he is an elite #1 for four years in a row. Lee can't scathe that at this point in his career. I was wrong about one thing though, Andre has 1-100 reception season out of 4. Still my assertion remains the same. Lee has tons of potential and ability but I want to see him produce again this year before he gets that type of money. If you're going to have to pay a player that much to keep him anyways, you might as well wait a year to see if you can get him cheaper next year. Let's see how he does with an ENTIRE season of defenses scheming against him. That's all.

mikemac2001
07-24-2007, 09:44 PM
And now Pat Moran will tell us why this is bad, seriously Pat other than proving that you are sort of clueless why is this a bad thing?

whats pats new username?

raphael120
07-24-2007, 09:44 PM
Kelsay was signed huge numbers not based on anything other than the fact that he's been around for awhile. Evans on the other hand has proven he's a player, he's a game breaker, and if Kelsay derserves good money, then Evans sure as crapola does too. But if we do resign Evans, i doubt we'll have enough money for both JP and Schobel next season. But we'll see

Philagape
07-24-2007, 09:45 PM
Let's see how he does with an ENTIRE season of defenses scheming against him. That's all.

Like last year? Who else were they going to double cover from week 1?

Generalissimus Gibby
07-24-2007, 09:46 PM
whats pats new username? He has a new user name? :dunno::

PECKERWOOD
07-24-2007, 09:47 PM
If receptions is all you have, that's the least relevant stat there is for a WR. You know who was second in catches last year in the whole NFL? Mike Furrey. Does that make him the second-best WR in the league?

And ask around to see if I'm a homer. :funny:

Receptions aren't underrated. Ever hear of moving the chains? Even with 100 receptions at 10 yards per catch that means you have a first down every catch.

Did I even say Andre Johnson was the best WR in the league? Plus, just because Mike Furrey isn't a house hold name yet doesn't mean that he won't ever be. He tore up the AFL before he signed with Detroit.

Duh. He had one good year at #1 and two good years as a #2. I'm just saying that Andre Johnson has had 4 good years as the #1 WR. Where are you getting confused at? It's obvious Lee has to prove that he can do it again. Consistency is HUGE.

Philagape
07-24-2007, 09:49 PM
Receptions aren't underrated. Ever hear of moving the chains? Even with 100 receptions at 10 yards per catch that means you have a first down every catch.

Did I even say Andre Johnson was the best WR in the league? Plus, just because Mike Furrey isn't a house hold name yet doesn't mean that he won't ever be. He tore up the AFL before he signed with Detroit.

Duh. He had a good year at #1. I'm just saying that Andre Johnson has had 4 good years as the #1 WR. Where are you getting confused at?

I'm not confused at all. And someone needs to teach you the concept of an average.

PECKERWOOD
07-24-2007, 09:51 PM

Funny, I would be insulted if you had the intelligence to understand a new perspective.

Goobylal
07-24-2007, 09:51 PM
Sorry but 2005 wasn't a good year for Johnson. He had fewer yards than Evans has had in any season in his career.

PECKERWOOD
07-24-2007, 09:52 PM
I'm not confused at all. And someone needs to teach you the concept of an average.

Crown away, make him king.

PECKERWOOD
07-24-2007, 09:57 PM
Sorry but 2005 wasn't a good year for Johnson. He had fewer yards than Evans has had in any season in his career.

He had more receptions that season than Lee has had in 2/3 of his seasons in the league and only 9 receptions less than Lee's best year. Plus, if I recall correctly Johnson had some lingering injuries bothering him during his 05 campaign.

Let me point something out as well, Johnson can be a speed burner, he actually has elite speed (4.3 40yd dash..). The difference is, Johnson is also big enough to be a possession WR as well. So not only can he burn, he can make catches consistently to move the chain. Imagine what he would have done, having the luxury of Eric Moulds taking coverage away from him his first 2 seasons in the league..

Goobylal
07-24-2007, 10:06 PM
I don't know what stats you're using, but AJ had 19 fewer that year than Lee had last year. And you seem to value receptions more than YPC and TD's. I don't. And it looks to me that Carr locked-onto AJ a lot whereas JP spread it around more.

But I'd rather lock-up Evans at AJ's contract numbers NOW, since he's just scratching the surface and will be cheaper now than at the end of the season.

Bling
07-24-2007, 10:12 PM
I don't know what stats you're using, but AJ had 19 fewer that year than Lee had last year. And you seem to value receptions more than YPC and TD's. I don't. And it looks to me that Carr locked-onto AJ a lot whereas JP spread it around more.

Carr locked onto AJ whereas JP spread it around? I'm really worried about you Goob.

PECKERWOOD
07-24-2007, 10:14 PM

But I'd rather lock-up Evans at AJ's contract numbers NOW, since he's just scratching the surface and will be cheaper now than at the end of the season.

I don't know what stats you're using, but AJ had 19 fewer that year than Lee had last year.

Sorry, I was doing it off the top of my head hence the reason why it was off a little bit but still close enough to make my point.

And you seem to value receptions more than YPC and TD's. I don't.

Possession recievers aren't going to have the best YAC in the league. Lee Evans is an elite burner but he isn't going to make the same type of possession catches that Andre Johnson is capable of, which ultimately dilutes AJ's yac in the end. Think about it, when your major role on an offense is to go deep, ofcourse you're going to have a higher YAC.

How many 1,000 yard seasons has Lee had? Andre Johnson has had 2 and one year he was only 24 yards short of a thousand. If you want to talk about gross yardage than Andre Johnson is SUPERIOR in that sense.

gr8slayer
07-24-2007, 10:14 PM
Carr locked onto AJ whereas JP spread it around? I'm really worried about you Goob.
There is some truth to that statement. Not as much as he might want to believe but he isn't 100% wrong. Carr did lock onto Johnson A LOT, last year he finally got a second target and started going for Daniels a bit.

gr8slayer
07-24-2007, 10:16 PM
Sorry, I was doing it off the top of my head hence the reason why it was off a little bit but still close enough to make my point.

Possession recievers aren't going to have the best YAC in the league. Lee Evans is an elite burner but he isn't going to make the same type of possession catches that Andre Johnson is capable of, which ultimately dilutes AJ's yac in the end. Think about it, when your major role on an offense is to go deep, ofcourse you're going to have a higher YAC.

How many 1,000 yard seasons has Lee had? Andre Johnson has had 2 and one year he was only 24 yards short of a thousand. If you want to talk about gross yardage than Andre Johnson is SUPERIOR in that sense.
I'm pretty sure Johnson has played more games than Evans too though if you want to talk about over-all stats.

PECKERWOOD
07-24-2007, 10:21 PM
I'm pretty sure Johnson has played more games than Evans too though if you want to talk about over-all stats.

Precisely the point. More games played, more production and even more time and experience as a #1 WR. I'm not against using AJ's cap figures to establish somewhat of a price range for Lee Evans but I feel that Lee Evans doesn't deserve as much money as AJ, not yet anyways.

People are acting like Lee Evans is a bonafide hof or something, let's try to keep things in perspective here. He still has alot to prove this year. If he has a moderate or mediocre season this year, he will fall off the maps and he wont be in the talks anymore.

gr8slayer
07-24-2007, 10:23 PM
Precisely the point. More games played, more production and even more time and experience as a #1 WR. I'm not against using AJ's cap figures to establish somewhat of a price range for Lee Evans but I feel that Lee Evans doesn't deserve as much money as AJ, not yet anyways.
Well whether he does or doesn't won't matter anymore when you consider that Johnson signed his contract before the cap went up and Evans will be signing his after the cap increase, naturally this will make Evans just as much if not more than Johnson and as a Bill I don't mind overpaying a bit to keep some of our own guys on our team.

Goobylal
07-24-2007, 10:24 PM
Moulds should have been the possession receiver, not AJ. He should have been using his speed to stretch defenses AND catch more TD's. And according to snap.stats.com, AJ was targeted 27 more times than Evans was, which accounts for the 21 more receptions.

Philagape
07-24-2007, 10:30 PM
People are acting like Evans is one of the top WRs in the league, which he is.

Bling
07-24-2007, 10:32 PM
There is some truth to that statement. Not as much as he might want to believe but he isn't 100% wrong. Carr did lock onto Johnson A LOT, last year he finally got a second target and started going for Daniels a bit.

Hmm... interesting.

PECKERWOOD
07-24-2007, 10:32 PM
Well whether he does or doesn't won't matter anymore when you consider that Johnson signed his contract before the cap went up and Evans will be signing his after the cap increase, naturally this will make Evans just as much if not more than Johnson and as a Bill I don't mind overpaying a bit to keep some of our own guys on our team.

I'm not saying that I don't want him in a Bills uni. Lee Evans is my favorite player on offense, but we need to be real on how much money he should make. Why sign a guy for 60 mil when you could possibly talk him down to a 7yr-49 million dollar deal? In my minds eye, that would be a very fair offer.

Moulds should have been the possession receiver, not AJ. He should have been using his speed to stretch defenses AND catch more TD's. And according to snap.stats.com, AJ was targeted 27 more times than Evans was, which accounts for the 21 more receptions.

You can't use that stat against my argument. If John Doe was targeted 100 times more than Lee and AJ he would have more yards and receptions as well! Who cares? A WR can't determine how many times he will be targeted each game. You can only judge on what they did with their opportunities and thus far AJ and Lee both have done a fine job at taking advantage of them but AJ has done it longer and more consistently.

Bling
07-24-2007, 10:33 PM
I'm not saying that I don't want him in a Bills uni. Lee Evans is my favorite player on offense, but we need to be real on how much money he should make. Why sign a guy for 60 mil when you could possibly talk him down to a 7yr-49 million dollar deal? In my minds eye, that would be a very fair offer.

You can't use that stat against my argument. If John Doe was targeted 100 times more than Lee and AJ he would have more yards and receptions as well! Who cares? A WR can't determine how many times he will be targeted each game. You can only judge on what they did with their opportunities and thus far AJ and Lee both have done a fine job at taking advantage of them but AJ has done it longer and more consistently.

Hey aren't you the dickhead :D that called out kini? What happened to you? You disappeared for a while.

PECKERWOOD
07-24-2007, 10:33 PM
People are acting like Evans is one of the top WRs in the league, which he is.

Point out where I said Lee Evans isn't a fine WR. In fact, I've said just the opposite and will do so again, Lee Evans is an elite WR, he just doesn't deserve Andre Johnson type money until he proves it further.

PECKERWOOD
07-24-2007, 10:35 PM
Hey aren't you the dickhead :D that called out kini? What happened to you? You disappeared for a while.

That's me!
Hello to you as well Bling and the offseason is what happened to me.

Bling
07-24-2007, 10:40 PM
That's me!
Hello to you as well Bling and the offseason is what happened to me.

Offseason for work, or offseason for football?

PECKERWOOD
07-24-2007, 10:42 PM
Offseason for work, or offseason for football?
The latter.

Goobylal
07-24-2007, 10:49 PM
Whaddya mean I can't use that stat? It's the heart of the reason why there was such a discrepancy in receptions. Carr threw to AJ 27 more times than JP threw to Evans, and as a result AJ caught 21 more passes. It's not like Evans could throw himself the ball more than he saw it.

PECKERWOOD
07-24-2007, 11:00 PM
Whaddya mean I can't use that stat? It's the heart of the reason why there was such a discrepancy in receptions. Carr threw to AJ 27 more times than JP threw to Evans, and as a result AJ caught 21 more passes. It's not like Evans could throw himself the ball more than he saw it.

You cannot see the obvious flaw in that stat? That logic is self defeating. Do you know why Lee Evans had more receptions than Roscoe Parrish? It's because JP threw the ball to him more! DURRRRR!

Michael82
07-25-2007, 12:39 AM
I don't know how the hell any Bills fan or any NFL could say Andre Johnson is a better receiver than Lee Evans. That's the dumbest thing I have ever heard! :crazy:

PECKERWOOD
07-25-2007, 01:02 AM
I don't know how the hell any Bills fan or any NFL could say Andre Johnson is a better receiver than Lee Evans. That's the dumbest thing I have ever heard! :crazy:

I never said Lee Evans was any worse or better than Andre Johnson Mikey82. I'm talking contract matters and how much I think he should be paid. There is a difference there, you dig?

Philagape
07-25-2007, 08:20 AM
I never said Lee Evans was any worse or better than Andre Johnson Mikey82. I'm talking contract matters and how much I think he should be paid. There is a difference there, you dig?

Don't be such a Darcy

justasportsfan
07-25-2007, 09:11 AM
He had more receptions that season than Lee has had in 2/3 of his seasons in the league and only 9 receptions less than Lee's best year. Plus, if I recall correctly Johnson had some lingering injuries bothering him during his 05 campaign.

Let me point something out as well, Johnson can be a speed burner, he actually has elite speed (4.3 40yd dash..). The difference is, Johnson is also big enough to be a possession WR as well. So not only can he burn, he can make catches consistently to move the chain. Imagine what he would have done, having the luxury of Eric Moulds taking coverage away from him his first 2 seasons in the league..
What are you talking about ? Evans had close to 1300 yards as a no. 1 and MOulds wasn't around. :huh:

Let's not forget that his qb wasrunning for his life 1/2 of that season in a new system.

Michael82
07-25-2007, 01:16 PM
Don't be such a Darcy
:rofl: Good one.

PECKERWOOD
07-25-2007, 02:06 PM
I'm done explaining my stance. People see what they wanna see.

Goobylal
07-25-2007, 02:46 PM
I'm done explaining my stance. People see what they wanna see.
Oh, the irony. So you're saying that if JP threw the ball to Evans 27 more times, he still would have caught just 83 passes and couldn't have caught over 100 passes? Or are you saying that we can't possibly know because it didn't happen? If it's the former, I wholly disagree. If it's the latter, then you might as well never try extrapolating anything.