PDA

View Full Version : NASCAR driver to swing by Bills training camp

Michael82
07-24-2007, 10:50 AM
Kevin Harvick, driver of the No. 29 Shell Chevrolet NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series car and 2007 Daytona 500 champion, plans to visit the Buffalo Bills first practice session Thursday.

Harvick will visit the full-squad practice from 8:30 a.m. to 10:20 a.m. Thursday at St. John Fisher College in Pittsford, N.Y.

http://www.star-gazette.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070724/UPDATE/307240016

Pinkerton Security
07-24-2007, 10:53 AM
Bills No. 77 Defensive Tackle Tim Anderson, a self-described huge NASCAR fan, will chat with Harvick during his visit.

I hate Tim Anderson. No offense to NASCAR fans, but he seems like the sterotypical kindof guy that would be a "huge" nascar fan.

madness
07-24-2007, 10:59 AM
Maybe he's trying to recruit Timmy to the 49ers. :pray:

6. Which athlete outside of racing do you most admire?
Harvick: I grew up a big Joe Montana fan. I think he did a lot. I think, as I grew up, outside of racing he was probably the guy I paid the most attention to.
He did everything he could do in his sport. I grew up a 49ers fan -- I'm still a 49ers fan though I haven't had a lot to root for since they've all been gone, but it was good at one time.

Lexwhat
07-24-2007, 11:02 AM
Bills No. 77 Defensive Tackle Tim Anderson, a self-described huge NASCAR fan, will chat with Harvick during his visit.

I hate Tim Anderson. No offense to NASCAR fans, but he seems like the sterotypical kindof guy that would be a "huge" nascar fan.

Tim Anderson should leave football, lose weight, and become a NASCAR Driver.

When Harvick leaves, he should leave with him.

Mr. Miyagi
07-24-2007, 11:03 AM

Does Tim Anderson have a mullet?

Bulldog
07-24-2007, 11:03 AM

Or maybe Harvick can hook Anderson up with a job, since he won't have one if Buffalo.

Michael82
07-24-2007, 11:06 AM
Or maybe Harvick can hook Anderson up with a job, since he won't have one if Buffalo.
Good idea. He can add Anderson to his racing team. :up:

Pinkerton Security
07-24-2007, 11:21 AM
Does Tim Anderson have a mullet?

yes, you just cant see it...:str8face:

gr8slayer
07-24-2007, 11:22 AM
That should be interesting .

Mr. Miyagi
07-24-2007, 11:33 AM
yes, you just cant see it...:str8face:
Wait wait wait.....

You know this because.......?

don137
07-24-2007, 12:08 PM
Thank goodness it is this Thursday and not next week. I am in NASCAR hell down here in Charlotte and the last thing I want to see when I go to training camp next week is a NASCAR driver.

gr8slayer
07-24-2007, 12:09 PM
Thank goodness it is this Thursday and not next week. I am in NASCAR hell down here in Charlotte and the last thing I want to see when I go to training camp next week is a NASCAR driver.
I'm in football hell here in Texas and I love every second of it!

Pinkerton Security
07-24-2007, 12:15 PM
Wait wait wait.....

You know this because.......?

i wasnt thinking of that in particular, i was just being stupid and saying he SHOULD have mullet

but :puke:

Voltron
07-24-2007, 12:26 PM
Harvik is a tool and throws temper tantrums like the little ***** he is. Tim Anderson could very well end up on a NASCAR team with the right connections. 70 % of the guys who are tire changers or jack men were ex college or pro football players :up:

People who hate on Nascar have never actually been to a race. Until you sat at a super speedway like Daytona or Talladega you have no Idea how badly Nascar can suck you in. If you think that NASCAR is a red neck sport then what the hell is Football???!!!???! :duh:

Carlton Bailey
07-24-2007, 12:27 PM
Nascar is horrid, so whatever.

Voltron
07-24-2007, 12:29 PM
I bet the same people who hate NASCAR play golf. Now that is the most over-hyped sport (I use the term sport very loosely) ever invented.

A bunch of waspy rich guys dressing up like pimps and riding on a slow version of a go-cart :rolleyes:

Voltron
07-24-2007, 12:30 PM
Nascar is horrid, so whatever.
Opinions are like A$$holes. Everyone's got one and they all stink of crap

Pinkerton Security
07-24-2007, 12:34 PM
I bet the same people who hate NASCAR play golf. Now that is the most over-hyped sport (I use the term sport very loosely) ever invented.

A bunch of waspy rich guys dressing up like pimps and riding on a slow version of a go-cart :rolleyes:

It is just as much a sport as NASCAR, where the athletes are sitting down the entire time they participate. I know that they are skilled, and drivers have great instincts and each race is grueling and everything, but golf is just as much a sport as nascar.

Voltron
07-24-2007, 12:47 PM
It is just as much a sport as NASCAR, where the athletes are sitting down the entire time they participate. I know that they are skilled, and drivers have great instincts and each race is grueling and everything, but golf is just as much a sport as nascar.
Ever drive a car that is 130 degrees on the inside, has no power steering at speeds in excess of 190 mph, for 3 to 4 hours straight with no way to stop and go to the bathroom?? Just going around a turn you hit 1.5 to 2 Gs at some tracks, meaning your body now feels like it weighs that much more. Not to mention the strength it takes to just turn the wheel at those speeds.

I don't see a Golfer putting his life on the line when he picks up a club :rolleyes:

gr8slayer
07-24-2007, 12:47 PM
NASCAR is great and I enjoy watching the races but it will never match the NFL in the U.S.A.

Voltron
07-24-2007, 12:48 PM
Golf is just a waste of land IMHO

gr8slayer
07-24-2007, 12:48 PM
Golf is just a waste of land IMHO
It's not a sport either.

Voltron
07-24-2007, 12:49 PM
NASCAR is great and I enjoy watching the races but it will never match the NFL in the U.S.A.
I agree to an extent but i don't see any football stadium able to hold 200,000 + fans. NASCAR is still the fastest growing sport in America.

gr8slayer
07-24-2007, 12:51 PM
I agree to an extent but i don't see any football stadium able to hold 200,000 + fans. NASCAR is still the fastest growing sport in America.
Might be the fastest growing but football is still too far away to catch up to, I think it has already caught up to the NBA, NHL, and MLB though.

EricStratton
07-24-2007, 12:53 PM
Ever drive a car that is 130 degrees on the inside, has no power steering at speeds in excess of 190 mph, for 3 to 4 hours straight with no way to stop and go to the bathroom?? Just going around a turn you hit 1.5 to 2 Gs at some tracks, meaning your body now feels like it weighs that much more. Not to mention the strength it takes to just turn the wheel at those speeds.:

Have you?

Maybe it's not as hard as you think it is.

Voltron
07-24-2007, 12:53 PM
Might still be behind MLB but NBA and NHL has lost so many fans over the last decade I think when they were on the slide down NASCAR "raced" past them :snicker:

EricStratton
07-24-2007, 12:54 PM
Hell, you think Jeff Gordon is half a *** yet he's the best driver in the sport and has been for 8-10 years now.

Voltron
07-24-2007, 12:55 PM
Have you?

Maybe it's not as hard as you think it is.

It's called The Richard Petty School of Racing and yes I did do it at Charlotte :tongue:

Voltron
07-24-2007, 12:56 PM
Hell, you think Jeff Gordon is half a *** yet he's the best driver in the sport and has been for 8-10 years now. My dislike of Gordon has nothing to do with his ability to race. I just don't like the guy. I still have tons of respect for him though. I really hated Dale Earnhart but I was still sad when he died.

BidsJr
07-24-2007, 12:57 PM

Remember that on any given Sunday NASCAR may have 200,000 fans at a track, but the NFL has a Million people in it's stadiums. I like NASCAR but that comparision doesn't hold much water (:

EricStratton
07-24-2007, 12:58 PM
So a NASCAR fantasy camp is all you needed to determine racing is king and golf sucks.

I guess I should try out for the Mets, I went to a batting cage last week.

BidsJr
07-24-2007, 01:00 PM
Racing is a lot of fun, I have been doing it online now for like 13 years. Actually this season I am racing in a league with Eagles kicker David Akers. Pretty cool. check it out at www.dmp-racing.com, this is a league that Dale Earnhardt Jr started years ago and races in frequently.

Voltron
07-24-2007, 01:05 PM
So a NASCAR fantasy camp is all you needed to determine racing is king and golf sucks.

I guess I should try out for the Mets, I went to a batting cage last week.
Golf is a game not a sport.

A sport requires some type of exertion.

Pinkerton Security
07-24-2007, 01:22 PM
Golf is a game not a sport.

A sport requires some type of exertion.

Racing doesn't require exertion, other than sweating it out in a hot car.

How bout we call it a draw and say neither NASCAR nor golf is a sport, and that football rules all.

Carlton Bailey
07-24-2007, 01:24 PM
Both are sports. Nascar happens to suck, and golf happens to be great.

Pinkerton Security
07-24-2007, 01:28 PM
Both are sports. Nascar happens to suck, and golf happens to be great.

i agree, but was trying to be diplomatic.

ublinkwescore
07-24-2007, 01:30 PM

I hate both equally.

ublinkwescore
07-24-2007, 01:35 PM
Remember that on any given Sunday NASCAR may have 200,000 fans at a track, but the NFL has a Million people in it's stadiums. I like NASCAR but that comparision doesn't hold much water (:

+ another 10 million in sports bars, and at home watching on TV religiously.

I will be one of the other 10 million this season.

And I will be wearing my new Jersey that has the #7 on it with the name Losman on the back.

Voltron
07-24-2007, 01:46 PM
I love having Rep immunity :snicker:

Groans don't do anything :lolpoint:

Voltron
07-24-2007, 01:48 PM
Racing doesn't require exertion, other than sweating it out in a hot car.

How bout we call it a draw and say neither NASCAR nor golf is a sport, and that football rules all. I guess you didn't read the whole post about the Gs and all that. The only Gs that a golfer needs to deal with are the ones he or she spends on their membership and clubs :D

PECKERWOOD
07-24-2007, 01:51 PM
Ever drive a car that is 130 degrees on the inside, has no power steering at speeds in excess of 190 mph, for 3 to 4 hours straight with no way to stop and go to the bathroom?? Just going around a turn you hit 1.5 to 2 Gs at some tracks, meaning your body now feels like it weighs that much more. Not to mention the strength it takes to just turn the wheel at those speeds.

I don't see a Golfer putting his life on the line when he picks up a club :rolleyes:

Last I checked a sport isn't considered a sport because the person puts their life at risk. That's almost like saying a Deep Sea crab fisherman is an athlete. Sure the guy is going to be freezing his nuts off in the middle of the arctic and it will take alot of strength to hoist the crab pots on board but that doesn't mean he is participating in a sport. I don't care what anybody says put a top Nascar driver in a gym with a mediocre NFL, NBA or MLB player and let's see what the results are. I'm not saying Nascar isn't entertaining but I don't consider their drivers to be athletes.

Gunzlingr
07-24-2007, 01:52 PM
Ballroom dancing is more of a sport than nascar or golf. I don't like any of them.

Voltron
07-24-2007, 02:03 PM
Ballroom dancing is more of a sport than nascar or golf. I don't like any of them.
Yeah but you live in South Dakota so you don't count :snicker:

gr8slayer
07-24-2007, 02:07 PM
Yeah but you live in South Dakota so you don't count :snicker:
How do you figure?

Voltron
07-24-2007, 02:10 PM
How do you figure?
Just joking. Me and Gunz are brothers from different mothers :D

Mad Bomber
07-24-2007, 02:54 PM
I don't see a Golfer putting his life on the line when he picks up a club
They do when they're ahead of me on the course.

Voltron
07-24-2007, 03:15 PM
They do when they're ahead of me on the course.
:rofl:

You scream fore after you putt I bet :;

blotsfan
07-24-2007, 09:05 PM
I love having Rep immunity :snicker:

Groans don't do anything :lolpoint: Whats the deal with the rep thing anyways?

gr8slayer
07-24-2007, 10:25 PM
Whats the deal with the rep thing anyways?
Basically it's just online reputation. If someone likes your post they give you :posrep: and it adds to your reputation points which add to your rep power. If they don't like your post you are given :negrep: and it detracts from your power to give rep to other people. It's an imperfect online popularity system but it keeps things interesting around here.

Michael82
07-25-2007, 12:41 AM
Basically it's just online reputation. If someone likes your post they give you :posrep: and it adds to your reputation points which add to your rep power. If they don't like your post you are given :negrep: and it detracts from your power to give rep to other people. It's an imperfect online popularity system but it keeps things interesting around here.
:snicker:

LtFinFan66
07-25-2007, 04:55 AM
Good idea. He can add Anderson to his racing team. :up:He can lift the car for tire changes

LtFinFan66
07-25-2007, 04:58 AM
Hey Voltron....ever checked how many golfers get struck by lightning:idunno:

NASCAR is a sport as much as golf and bowling are sports. If those in charge consider them sports, who am I to argue. I like to golf and I like to bowl. And I am sure I would dig driving a car 190 mph around a banked track as well

I will watch golf if Tiger and/or John Daly are in the field
Will not watch bowling unless the TV gets stuck on ESPN 2 or something
I will on ocassion, watch part of a NASCAR race

losman420
07-25-2007, 10:43 AM
Ballroom dancing is more of a sport than nascar or golf. I don't like any of them.Ballroom dancings for chicks, and homosexuals.

Voltron
07-25-2007, 01:36 PM
Ballroom dancings for chicks, and homosexuals.
I dare you to say that to Jerry Rice :;