PDA

View Full Version : Time to eat some crow!!!

Seventeen&0
07-24-2007, 01:47 PM
Ok Bills fans. Last year I came on this site and talked a little smack, threw some stones, and backed it up by saying I'd come back on and eat some crow if what I said was not true.

Well I'm here to eat some now. Not only did my Fins suck @$$, we did it so well that our soon to be Hall of Shame coach ran off to Bama. Good riddens to ya Saban. Alot of people here were telling me that Mularky was just that, full of mularky. He sure was. I believe he's still with us, but now really sure what his role is. Cam has came on, and to his credit, stripped Mularky of his offensives duties. (No pun intended). I think he might still be holding a clipboard, but not sure. We're in wait and see mode on that one.

So, anyways, I do have to say I was impressed with the way Losman came on at the end of the season. I think he could be a good one for you guys after all. He's taken his lumps and is now better for it. Not sure how your runningback situation is going to work out, but who am I to judge runningbacks. I still think Ricky can play. Defensively, I'm not going to pretend to know a whole lot about how your off-season went on defense, outside of your DB that went to SF. What was his name?? I think he was a good one that got away, but I'm sure your staff will fill the void.

With the debacle from last year, I don't think I'm in the mood to come on here and talk smack, throw stones or anything fun. I have my tail between my legs right now, but I'm excited about this season and I DO like our Ted Ginn/John Beck pick. So here's to a new season and to Brady Quinn stinking up the NFL!! Good luck to you guys, but as always, not too much luck!!

The last buffalo fan
07-24-2007, 01:55 PM
:up: :bf1:

justasportsfan
07-24-2007, 02:05 PM
Cam will be worse than Mularkey as a HC.

Seventeen&0
07-24-2007, 02:11 PM
Cam will be worse than Mularkey as a HC.

Based on what he's done so far, I'd say Cam has already been leaps and bounds better than Mularkey. Time will tell, but I'd be willing to bet a ton on that one.

gr8slayer
07-24-2007, 02:13 PM
Based on what he's done so far, I'd say Cam has already been leaps and bounds better than Mularkey. Time will tell, but I'd be willing to bet a ton on that one.
Well Cam has accomplished about as much as Mularkey as an HC. NOTHING. Remember what a lock Saban was? Just a thought.

Seventeen&0
07-24-2007, 02:22 PM
Well Cam has accomplished about as much as Mularkey as an HC. NOTHING. Remember what a lock Saban was? Just a thought.

I'd have to disagree with that...sure we haven't played any games yet, so there's nothing to compare to as far as that goes. But, he has accomplished some internal changes, incorporated a direction, and made, what looks to be, key personel changes that have the Dolphins looking like a solid team again. It doesn't mean anything if it doesn't translate to wins. But I like where we appear to be headed.

gr8slayer
07-24-2007, 02:25 PM
I'd have to disagree with that...sure we haven't played any games yet, so there's nothing to compare to as far as that goes. But, he has accomplished some internal changes, incorporated a direction, and made, what looks to be, key personel changes that have the Dolphins looking like a solid team again. It doesn't mean anything if it doesn't translate to wins. But I like where we appear to be headed.
I guess. I just remember this time three years ago Dolphin fans were talking to us about how many Super Bowls you all were going to win now that Saban had arrived. Until I see results I'm going to assume your no better off with your rookie HC.

THATHURMANATOR
07-24-2007, 02:39 PM
Ok Bills fans. Last year I came on this site and talked a little smack, threw some stones, and backed it up by saying I'd come back on and eat some crow if what I said was not true.

Well I'm here to eat some now. Not only did my Fins suck @$$, we did it so well that our soon to be Hall of Shame coach ran off to Bama. Good riddens to ya Saban. Alot of people here were telling me that Mularky was just that, full of mularky. He sure was. I believe he's still with us, but now really sure what his role is. Cam has came on, and to his credit, stripped Mularky of his offensives duties. (No pun intended). I think he might still be holding a clipboard, but not sure. We're in wait and see mode on that one.

So, anyways, I do have to say I was impressed with the way Losman came on at the end of the season. I think he could be a good one for you guys after all. He's taken his lumps and is now better for it. Not sure how your runningback situation is going to work out, but who am I to judge runningbacks. I still think Ricky can play. Defensively, I'm not going to pretend to know a whole lot about how your off-season went on defense, outside of your DB that went to SF. What was his name?? I think he was a good one that got away, but I'm sure your staff will fill the void.

With the debacle from last year, I don't think I'm in the mood to come on here and talk smack, throw stones or anything fun. I have my tail between my legs right now, but I'm excited about this season and I DO like our Ted Ginn/John Beck pick. So here's to a new season and to Brady Quinn stinking up the NFL!! Good luck to you guys, but as always, not too much luck!!
Cool move man!

Good luck to both our teams! :bf1:

justasportsfan
07-24-2007, 02:44 PM
based on what he's done at camp? :huh:

madness
07-24-2007, 03:01 PM
Much respect! Most fans of any team usually never come back to a visiting message board to face the music.

Cam seems like he'll get the offense back up to par. The only thing I'd worry about is that Cam seemed to have a solid O-line everywhere he went so this should be a good test for him. How was your draft defensively? It seems they really need to inject some youth into that defense.

Mr. Miyagi
07-24-2007, 03:18 PM
Very classy move 17&0. Good man rooting for the wrong team. :up:

justasportsfan
07-24-2007, 03:41 PM
I wonder where the finfan (FTP) who has a manlove for Culp is at these days?

jamze132
07-24-2007, 03:56 PM
It's always nice to see some fin fans come on and eat some crow. Now if we could just get FTP...

gr8slayer
07-24-2007, 03:57 PM
It's always nice to see some fin fans come on and eat some crow. Now if we could just get FTP...
STD is too busy hugging his Culpepper doll.

Seventeen&0
07-24-2007, 04:16 PM
based on what he's done at camp? :huh:

No, just based on some personel decisions, player decisons, the way he's handeling himself in the press etc. Basically the whole direction of the team ie: not trading away 2nd round picks for bum-kneed QB's and actually accumulating draft picks. We ended up with 10 picks and have 9 of them signed with Ted Ginn's deal almost done. That's the type of stuff I'm talking about.

gr8slayer
07-24-2007, 04:17 PM
No, just based on some personel decisions, player decisons, the way he's handeling himself in the press etc. Basically the whole direction of the team ie: not trading away 2nd round picks for bum-kneed QB's and actually accumulating draft picks. We ended up with 10 picks and have 9 of them signed with Ted Ginn's deal almost done. That's the type of stuff I'm talking about.
That's the FO not the coach, he might have had nothing to even do with the people drafted.

gr8slayer
07-24-2007, 04:20 PM
Trent Green and Cleo Lemon will split first-team snaps to open camp.
"As we work toward naming a starter," Dolphins head coach Cam Cameron said Tuesday, "I'll make that announcement when my instincts tell me to make that announcement." If Green does not win this competition, it will be one of the biggest surprises of the NFL offseason so far.

justasportsfan
07-24-2007, 04:22 PM
onfield results is what counts the most.

Seventeen&0
07-24-2007, 04:28 PM
Much respect! Most fans of any team usually never come back to a visiting message board to face the music.

Cam seems like he'll get the offense back up to par. The only thing I'd worry about is that Cam seemed to have a solid O-line everywhere he went so this should be a good test for him. How was your draft defensively? It seems they really need to inject some youth into that defense.

Thanks man. Our first four picks in this years draft were WR, QB, Center, & FB...we mainly went after offensive speed ie; Ted Ginn, Lorenzo Booker, Samon Satele. Defensively we went Tackle, LB, and DE. So if you look at our picks compared with our teams needs, it's easy to see why a lot of fans are starting to like our draft. We'll have to see how picking Ted Ginn vs. Brady Quinn will work out. So far, and I know it's early, but John Beck is looking like he could be a good QB for us. We'll see.

One thing is for sure, Football season is HERE!!:bf1:

Seventeen&0
07-24-2007, 04:29 PM
That's the FO not the coach, he might have had nothing to even do with the people drafted.

No, it's pretty well documented that both Randy Mueller and Cam Cameron were mainly involved with the draft, personel decisions and staff.

gr8slayer
07-24-2007, 04:29 PM
Thanks man. Our first four picks in this years draft were WR, QB, Center, & FB...we mainly went after offensive speed ie; Ted Ginn, Lorenzo Booker, Samon Satele. Defensively we went Tackle, LB, and DE. So if you look at our picks compared with our teams needs, it's easy to see why a lot of fans are starting to like our draft. We'll have to see how picking Ted Ginn vs. Brady Quinn will work out. So far, and I know it's early, but John Beck is looking like he could be a good QB for us. We'll see.

For the record Ginn scares the **** out of me as a Bills fan and I would have taken him over Quinn in a heart beat. Rarely does a player with his speed and skill set come around. The rest of your draft minus Satele I don't care for but that's just my opinion.

Seventeen&0
07-24-2007, 04:31 PM
onfield results is what counts the most.

100% agreed

Seventeen&0
07-24-2007, 04:37 PM
For the record Ginn scares the **** out of me as a Bills fan and I would have taken him over Quinn in a heart beat. Rarely does a player with his speed and skill set come around. The rest of your draft minus Satele I don't care for but that's just my opinion.

I agree. Ginn could be the man and Satele looks like he could be a good one as well. You Tube has some pretty cool stuff. If you look at Ginn's, it's real impressive. Also, don't be surprised at John Beck. In his highlights, and trust me, I know they are "high'lights", but he looks real good...very accurate, very smart and well above average arm. To be honest, I don't know alot about the other guys we've drafted, outside of Lorenzo Booker. But I do agree with most of what you said.

gr8slayer
07-24-2007, 04:39 PM
I agree. Ginn could be the man and Satele looks like he could be a good one as well. You Tube has some pretty cool stuff. If you look at Ginn's, it's real impressive. Also, don't be surprised at John Beck. In his highlights, and trust me, I know they are "high'lights", but he looks real good...very accurate, very smart and well above average arm. To be honest, I don't know alot about the other guys we've drafted, outside of Lorenzo Booker. But I do agree with most of what you said.I've watched three Beck games, he looked pretty good against Utah, the other two (can't think of the teams off the top of my head) he looked decent.

Seventeen&0
07-24-2007, 04:55 PM
I've watched three Beck games, he looked pretty good against Utah, the other two (can't think of the teams off the top of my head) he looked decent.

Here's a youtube of your boy. Doesn't look like he has the true breakaway speed, but looks really hard to tackle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxwFmss2EwA

Hope the link works.

gr8slayer
07-24-2007, 04:59 PM
Here's a youtube of your boy. Doesn't look like he has the true breakaway speed, but looks really hard to tackle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxwFmss2EwA

Hope the link works.
I don't watch highlights, I watch full games. Based on what I've seen he has Marshall Faulk/Jones-Drew type skills.

Seventeen&0
07-24-2007, 05:10 PM
I don't watch highlights, I watch full games. Based on what I've seen he has Marshall Faulk/Jones-Drew type skills.

I do too, but right now we ain't watching jack. So, highlights are pretty cool fillers.

!Papacrunk!
07-24-2007, 06:20 PM
lol, I'm not looking for a cookie or a gold star but I've been here on a consistant basis and you're just now showing up, just kidding man.

PECKERWOOD
07-24-2007, 08:19 PM
God, I loved it when he faked the screen pass and went deep for a nice gain.

realdealryan
07-24-2007, 08:31 PM
Two sides to everything.

Saban had great success in college and was mediocre in the NFL.

Cameron had some success here at IU and I was on board. Then our last coach (who tragically passed away recently) had even more success with less.

I think the biggest thing working against Cam is that he didn't get to bring his stellar o-line and LT with him. Good luck, but, I dunno...

DynaPaul
07-24-2007, 09:06 PM

Took ya long enough...

Mitchy moo
07-24-2007, 09:31 PM

They should make you the mayor of miami, your the smartest person there.:bf1:

lordofgun
07-24-2007, 10:48 PM

I still can't forgive you. Maybe someday.

Dolphanzeke
07-24-2007, 11:23 PM
Ill hop in here tho Im not here to eat crow....I talked zero smack but I am sure as **** glad the Football season is almost here.. This has been a tough loooong offseason for me and Fin fans in general.. Im just glad its almost over. Good luck to you guys I hope your team stays injury and BS free.

lordofgun
07-24-2007, 11:36 PM
I hope all the Dolphins get injured. Nothing life threatening...just enough to make your team go 0-16. :up:

!Papacrunk!
07-25-2007, 06:48 AM
I hope all the Dolphins get injured. Nothing life threatening...just enough to make your team go 0-16. :up:
well there's your jinx for your own team, lol
So when Evans and or Losman go to IR they'll have you to thank

streetkings01
07-25-2007, 07:42 AM
How come it took you 6 months to start this thread....the season ended in January for both of us????

lordofgun
07-25-2007, 07:49 AM
well there's your jinx for your own team, lol
So when Evans and or Losman go to IR they'll have you to thank
:coocoo:

madness
07-25-2007, 07:52 AM

Hopefully Beck soaks in as much as possible and is ready to play for you guys. You don't have to be phin fan to cringe every time Green takes a big hit this season. Although Taylor's comments may have been out of line, there is still some truth to it.

Night Train
07-25-2007, 07:52 AM
I hope all the Dolphins get injured.

And then denied Workmans Comp. :up:

ParanoidAndroid
07-25-2007, 09:42 AM
I though maybe sisnce I was interested to know where the expression came from, someone else might, as well. :nerd:

Rudyard Kipling (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rudyard_Kipling) uses this expression, which predates his birth, in his short story “The Strange Ride of Morrowbie Jukes” (1885). Morrowbie Jukes falls into a place from which he cannot escape. Another man trapped there catches wild crows and eats them, but Morrowbie in his pride declares, “I shall never eat crow!” After days of nothing to eat, his hunger and desperation finally forces him to do what he swore he would never do— literally eat crow.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eat_crow

Seventeen&0
07-25-2007, 10:52 AM
Took ya long enough...

Ya, I know. I've been in a Sabanonic coma for the last five months. Just came out of it.

Seventeen&0
07-25-2007, 10:55 AM

If we go 0-16, I'll change my log in name to Ohmygoodnessand16

Meathead
07-25-2007, 11:23 AM
may i suggest a nice merlot

http://www.kojinshugi.com/wp-content/crow.jpg

Seventeen&0
07-25-2007, 12:45 PM
may i suggest a nice merlot

http://www.kojinshugi.com/wp-content/crow.jpg

I actually live about an hour away from Napa, CA (Wine Country) and Merlot is my favorite. So, yes I'll take a glass of Merlot with my crow!

DynaPaul
07-25-2007, 04:27 PM
Ya, I know. I've been in a Sabanonic coma for the last five months. Just came out of it.

Ok, that's understandable. It is a perfectly valid reason. Hopefully the new coach will turn out better.